Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-buckets.... HAMB friendly, or not??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gsport, May 15, 2012.

1. butch27

butch27

Jimv: Any pics of how the top folds down and the inner structure?

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Time to do a little reality check on this deal! "OOOOO Fiberglass, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Bullshit! Do you realize that fiberglass t bucket bodies have been around for almost 55 years now? That's right, about '59 or so. That is why T-Buckets exploded in popularity in the early sixties. Sure, there were a few built with steel bodies early on, but I would make the argument that a 'glass T-Bucket body is MORE traditional than steel. 'Sides, it's kinda fun finding "vintage glass"! Found myself a little early sixties Almquist body with the little tail flip... Cool!

In my humble opinion, T-Buckets didn't get goofy 'till the early seventies when the tops got way too tall, and the wheelbases got too stretched out. Pickup any issue of Car Craft from the early sixties and you will find several articles on what "defines" a traditional T-Bucket.

3. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

4. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

HAMB friendly seems to mean a lot of different things now...old farm trucks, 70's drag cars, Rivieras and other lowriders. To me, even the most goofy T's are more HAMB friendly than the previously mentioned.

5. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

build it the way you want it or like it
    and the bottom line is your the only one that needs to be satisfied
    and that is why they make so many flavors of ice cream

6. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

I would guess because that's what he owns- which always makes it better than that fake fiberglass kit car crap w/ the belly button sbc.

Here is my fake fiberglass Kit Car crap, with a belly button chevy and those silly Hilborn mechanical injectors:

27.jpg

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I like that....needs a rollbar loop?

8. wow that is BADASS!

9. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Hi Royal:

Yes, it really does need a rollbar to look right.

I'm almost ready to fab one up.

Thanks!
    Dve

10. Beau

Beau

Some like women with real breasts, others like women with fake breasts.

They can both do the same thing.

They can both look good and bad.

A nice set of titties is still a nice set of titties either way you look at 'em.

11. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gsport : Good looking bucket,fine as is. If you`d put a set of big `n little American 5 spokes on it,and more retro v/c&air cleaner; it would look like it jumped out of a mid 60`s R&C mag. Neat ride!

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the HAMB. It's as individual as it is collective. I'm also forever entertained by those who seem to know "what's right" based on their own interpretations of the rules. By most poster's understanding of what the Gospel really is on the board, then showing a picture of the Snake's 68 Championship winning Top Fuel Dragster is a complete no-no.

It's so easy to get a grip on the whole spirit, but not so much if we feel the need to apply nearly military discipline to the core of the board and it's members. I'm just another swingin dick that likes the older stuff, and that includes restored stockers as well as early rods and customs. I guess I should be banned for posting a picture of a restored Packard, right? Wrong. Inspiration based on style, color, stance, etc. And before you feel I'm way off base, snoop around regarding gasser history. There's a post with a 68 Camaro gasser that truly fits the spirit of the HAMB, and the mods seemed to agree. Lighten up, and where's the picture of the new bucket?

If you want a traditional bucket you gotta start somewhere. This place isn't a bad start at all, and there's several posts about the timeless T. Sorry for the rant...

13. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I love T-buckets if they are steel and have the looks of the '50's and '60's. The "Shifters" have one of the coolest buckets around. I'd post a picture but my wife move it.

14. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Aint that the truth!!!

15. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

It's YOUR car man, what difference does it make if it's friendly at one site or another? The way I see it, if they aren't putting money into your project, they don't get to vote on how it looks!

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Yes, Fred - don't be "full of shit". That's a great looking bucket, and I concur with Tman....slides right into the correct era. Sometimes the Nazis around here forget just how eclectic street rods and hot rods got from 1955 to 1965. They are the same guys that slobber in adulation over any of Big Daddy's 'glass creations. You like it, I like it - it's a HAMBer, dude

dj

17. pumpman

pumpman

Got my first ride in a "T", Bill Block, Kenosha WI. 1962. Changed my life forever. Oh ya, it was fucking glass, I didn't care!

18. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Dont Lie!!! You know we ALL like those Total Performance Ts, the ones with the spoke wheels, jag rears, indy engine & rear tires, and all that chrome with the big windshield!!!

As a little mocoso we all loved those! I remember my dad yelling at me, "Ai Johnny Boy, that's now even a real car"! Wow, I didnt realize my dad was a HAMB Nazie, naaaa, he was ripping out flatheads & putting in sbc's.

19. gsport

gsport

post 19.....

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ahhhh! But I grew out of that style as I dug up my dad's old early sixties magazines and saw Bill Roland's redo of Ivo's car. This was about 35 years ago or so. 'Course, the neighbor guy that helped keep me involved in this deal about the same time had a flattie powered T-bucket, so maybe I was doomed from the start! Just for the record, My mom and dad's "Ts" were very much of their times in the late sixties.

Now, I have a client right now that is about to bring an Archer "T" tub body over along with a Jag rear, wire fronts, and a brass Babb radiator. Oh, got to mention the 10" wide Tru-spokes and the brass lanterns for the back too! Am I going to be a trad snob and insist most of this stuff stays home? HELL NO! I want to build the craziest, brassiest, early to mid seventies 'bucket tub ever!

21. raidmagic

raidmagic

Not HAMB friendly but I like it and it's fun to drive. Get's lots of comments. Hope to paint it this year.

[​IMG]

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We have one in our family too, this is my Son Don's bucket.

Don

[​IMG]

23. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 (or painted steelies)

24. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Why is this not HAMB compliant?

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It is, Fred is just being modest. :)

Don

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, Don.:D I stopped to get some gas today and a guy in a sweet '40 coupe told me my T had elegant simplicity. I got all tingley.:eek:

Man, I love seeing your T's and your sons T. You guys are a class act.

LSR 2909, It's not mechanically compliant. HEI and some other stuff that's actually been changed since I took that pic. Like the yellow plug wires (left over sentament from my high school days). Even the cowl decal is different. It's a bomber gal now and will be a Mr. Horsepower decal come Friday. I change stuff as I please. It's traditionally STYLED, but not traditionally built.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  27. Hey Fred,,your car is very HAMB compliant...maybe not Police car compliant,,,LOL..specially ones that turn in front of you

28. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Honestly that is one of the best later style Ts I've seen. Well built, not overdone and no bad angles. We could go into what is right and what is wrong with T buckets but you rod has about everything right.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

VERY true!:D:D

30. robber

robber

The "T" was Americas 1st Hot Rod! Here is a picture of Tommy Ivo and Norm Gabrowski giving each other a run for their money. And oh ya... as for glass, as previously stated, who on the HAMB does not know of, or respect Big Daddy Roth and cars like "The Outlaw"?

Attached Files: