Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamber down worcester mass need welder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, May 15, 2012.

1. Dave50

Dave50

Call 1-978-343-4440

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I cant get there, Dave!
    but Ill keep this near the top for ya!

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

im sure joey would help you but he's at work and it would have to be charged as a road call :) and thats a bti of a drive from his work so it could get pricey....btt!!!!

5. csimonds

csimonds

BTTT good luck Dave!

6. Any details on specifics for what needs welding? Bump back up for you.

7. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Everyone for the bumps and the concern.

I am all set Thanks To Herb @ Herb Rugg painting ,the guys @ Eternity sculptures black smith shop, And the boys from New England engine.

So Now the deal on what happened I was headed down to pick up some parts with the coupe , Well the rear trailing arms that i been wanting to change broke of both sides of the rear. The cause was the welds back when they threw this together they probably weren`t professionals and with the way they did it just wont work with the shit ass roads we have here in mass and to drive this car daily on the roads It is more set up for the drag strip. So i was lucky and when the drive shaft pulled out i was turning into the parking lot at a crawl, so no damage to the car but the fenders did help keep the body up oh yeah scary shit at first sight... So the guys all said whadya going to do? I asked they guy do you have a floor jack,piece of long pipe,hammer,pipe wrench and a welder? He laughs umm no but i do have a few things. So he goes home gets a pair of jack stands,jack and some pipe. another guy comes along with a big ass pipe wrench so now we need that welder. So the guy from the Eternity sculpture place see us out there blocking the driveway and one of the guys from New england engine sees him and says theres our welder, So he comes over and we say we need a welder he says ok i will wheel it over. He brings it over and says whadya going to do? I say weld it back up he rolles his eyes and laughs. So we welded it up! He cant believe i am going to drive back to the shop :) Man thank god for cool people who like Hot Rods and all the guys that stopped and asked to help That`s Hot rodding at its best! And thanks to John Wentworth too from A&W Welltech he took care of a few things and know it alls that stopped and tried to help LOL John has a few Hot rods aswell nice guy. So got my parts and headed back stopped a few times to check the welds everything is A ok for now but i am going to make some New Trailing arms for it its not really safe and rides terrible.. I will upload pics later of the whole deal i got a few and a few others that stopped by where going to send me some. Again thanks for the help. Got it done and didn`t need to be towed 20 miles or go get my trailer and truck!

8. Dave50

Dave50

Here`s some pics

Attached Files:

9. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Great news man !!!! Really glad that you and the car weren't wrecked. Friday Kimball's ???

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Good as new again eh! Glad it all worked out.

11. F&J

F&J

Lucky you. I lost a rear on a 1-2 powershift in a 50s built roadster, 40 some years ago. Ha, it was a Massachusettes built car:D Destroyed one rear fender, among other things.

What kind of setup are you building? something that works like truck arms? or a 3 or 4 link?

You got to redo those deadended spring perches now. That won't be fun or easy, trying to keep the same rake.

That little 303 has got some nuts, eh?:rolleyes:

hey, I am going to try to find some 49-50 ebrake linkage at a guys place later this week. I could not find a pic of what you need, but this guy might have the parts.

12. Willy301

Willy301

Glad it all ended well. Hopefully you can fix the other guys cobbled up crap and make it safe again. I was waiting to hear you say that a cop pulled in and tried to really make it a rough day...

13. Dave50

Dave50

Brett I again thank God i was VERY LUCKY when i seen the rear pointed just about straight up I almost got sick. But nothing was damaged and i had just got off the HWY running 65 or so. Kimballs sounds good caps on or off??:D

scott I just keep doing my part and helping others and doing the right thing and be thankful! Things could always be worse and you Gotta Believe!

Frank I am glad your ok ik it wouldve been a scary ride and i wouldve done lots of damage :(

Frank i did forget to mention i pulled a holeshot leaving the shop when i left the guys all heard it start up from a few shops and all came out to see what it was i ran it uncapped :D all the way to Worcester runs way better. So i believ that started the breaking.

I had to see if it would hold up before i got to Fitchburg :D I may head up to New England Dragway for the Nostalgia drags but i need to do some work first seatbelts, toe board,driveshaft hoop, and get the trailing arms in.

I plan on using a set i have from Jake but need to fab up some brackets for the rear to attach them to and put some shock mounts on the car aswell.

I am wondering if i just make a set of longer shackle brackets? will they work? they dont need to be much longer.

Yes the 303 is now a 324 with a little more compression than stock 9.0-1 and the lumpstick makes it sound mean, I gotta becareful lots of guys want to run me:eek: Its just a old Hot Rod i tell them just want to have some fun cruising:cool:

Let me know on the E-brake parts i need the lever inside the drums on the shoes. Thanks

Will ME TOO man scary when you think about it... I past a few cops and some past me (while i was stopped) :D So far they have all been good even the 2 yound state troopers who looked at it with the headers un corked and no inspection sticker and asked what the hell it was!! Didn`t even ask for Reg but asked if the plates are legal?? I shouldve asked which 1 the MASS plate or Cali 1 :eek: lol Yes its time to fix up the cobbled up stuff and make it safe and add shocks aswell right now it rides like a straight axle out back the way it`s done...

14. bet you will never say anything bad about a 110v welder!:rolleyes: here is proof they do the job, glad your rolling again.:cool: