Register now to get rid of these ads!

jimmy smith art work come to life 28 model a 2 door tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

jeem the whole "mo time than money". even with the qc i bought was cheap but i had to buy axles to get away from those wide 5 hubs, i still have under 6500.00 in the car. now having the tonneau cover made and seats coverered will put me just over that. now . i bought a good back half of a sedan and that helped because i sold off the garnish molding, roof top, drip rails, it even had a good sub floor i sold. that really helped lower the cast!

2. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got the boy off the frame and started pulling it apart. i got all the filal welding and grinding done. the frame is sandblasted and now at hortodhighleys for the paint work. stay tuned . thing are happening fast and speedweek will be here soon.

Attached Files:

3. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Just went through the pages, and I love whats going on! This Tub has got the Look! keep it up can't wait to see more!

4. I'm digging everything about this car. Love the style, the stance, the wheel/tire combo, and especially the quick-change.

You Ohio guys always amaze me. I was born and raised in Louisville, and the guys from Ohio (like Scott Sullivan, Barry Lobeck, and countless others) always used to blow my socks off whenever they'd come down to Kentucky. Those guys made a huge impression on me, and I have always felt that their styles were timeless.

Great work, man. Can't wait to see what's next.

5. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

Is the body staying as it is now or are you still considering a roof?

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I'm looking for the LOVE button and realized there's not even a LIKE button. Hahahaa
    I'm fookin' stoked!

7. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Frame sanded, rails smoothed out. Should shoot first coat of primer/sealer on it tomorrow.

8. Cool 67 VW as well. Nice project you are building

Frenchy

9. Looking forward to seeing it out on the salt in August.

10. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I love that wheel and tire combo, it just looks freakin' sweet with those skinny tires up front.

11. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well jeem i was not the first to build this car! check out this months streetrodder magazine. there is a tub in there that was built with insperation from jimmy smiths "mo' time than money " tub. i guess i will be number two.

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Huh? I'll have to check it out....musta missed it? Oh well, something tells me yours will SING to me.

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yep. Saw it. Nice car but kind of missed the point (maybe he didn't) on the bare bones aspect of it all. Stance, wheels and tires are not what I had in mind either. Again, I'm not knocking it at all, it's a nice little tub. Yours though, will still be the first in true spirit and attitude.

The carbureted Quad-4 is cool though!

Like the green too.

14. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

this car is coming out nice.

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

really likin this tub

16. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

I'm really enjoying the build! Any chance your interested in selling the wide five roundu round race car stuff?

17. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yes very much so. pm me or email me.

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i have most all the chassis parts painted while hotrodhighley is painting the main frame. i still have some body work to do on the body itself. it is coming along very well.

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Suh-weet! No matter how busy I get, I always check for progress on this thing. Keep at it Drew!

20. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i will get my frame back from hotrodhighley tonight. i have the front and rear axle all ready to go under the frame when i get it. i will post pics friday after it is rolling.

21. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Yea, working a full time job sucks. I wish I could this more but...See ya tonight!

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here are some sneak peek pics of the rolling chassis. i have much to do. this weekend looks greta so i will be spending alot of time on the plumbing of the chassis and working on the bottom of the body.

Attached Files:

23. Looks like your going to make your deadline. Looks Good!!

24. LabRat

LabRat

Chassis looks super clean , can't wait to see the body back on !

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Si, si! Esta bueno...

26. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

man i am plugging away on the body work. i hate doing body work . this tub didnt need much but i will end up have 3 weeks in just the body. i have the chassis up and the brakes working . i am also finishing up the engine now and gathering up a flywheel and clutch that will work with the s10 5 speed. more pics as soon as i have the body back on. for now i am caving and paving the body. sand it with a brick and painting it with a broom!!!!!!!

27. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

diggin' this build ,love the wheel & tire combo ,looks like you have the jeem art stance nailed ,will you be going with the color too?

28. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

the tub will be in primer for awhile. i will be driving it to speedweek in august of this year. that salt is very harsh so i will most likely pull the car apart this winter to really clean thing up good and paint the body then. for now it will be red primer and the aluminum hood will be left alone for now.

29. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

I have 36" wide broom, we can do it in "one coat" :D

30. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here is the update so far. i got the chassis back from hotrodhighley all painted up just fine. i got the engine bottened up and the t-5 s-10 5speed in and bolted up . the chassis is all done and ready for the body. stiph baca and sor hanz have helped with the body work!!!!!! i have the bottom of the body completely done in diy herculiner truck bed liner so the salt at bonneville will not be that bad on the bottom of the car.i hope to have the body back one the chassis next weekend. here is some pics......

Attached Files: