Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found Dads '56 Chevy Gasser!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Is the long coil wire a problem?I have my coil inside the car with a long coil wire to a coil wire bulhead connector then another long coil wire to the coil....each wire about a foot long....all msd stuff

2. The coil is inside the car now right behind the distributor, and the coil wire is only 3-4 inches now.

3. Ok, here is the pic I tried to post friday when I said "Holy Cow, we made the big time"! IMAG0769.jpg

4. All spark plug wire has some amount of ohms of resistance. I just figured the shorter the wire the less resistance. I'm sure it also matters how "hot" of an ignition system the car has. At this point I have only a Pertronix II and a 45,000 volt coil, so it can probably use all the help it can get.

5. Gonna take the heap to Irwindale Thursday night and try to get a couple good passes in. Anyone know if Otto can bring his dog in if its on a leash?

6. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Great article on your 56' gasser. Stan

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

8. Stan, did you already get to read it, I don't even have my copy yet, a friend at the mag sent us that email pic. but thats all so far.

9. Thanks!

10. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

That thing is way cool

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

11. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Saw it at the newstand. Had to have it. Great article, and photos. You'll be proud. Stan

12. Can't wait to see it, are you coming out to Irwindale this week?

13. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Just read the article a while ago.. Congrats on the feature.

Very well deserved write-up! I'm surprised that not only did HRM feature your car, but that Model A/Bugatti was pretty neat as well as the article over real gassers.

HRM did a good job with this one.

14. Thanks Texas.

15. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Man that is awesome.

16. 33hotrod

33hotrod

I'll be out at Irwindale tonight! Stan

17. Congrats on the feature and cover man!! cool car!

18. X2...great story!

19. Hope we did ya proud Mike.

20. Thanks Fuel!

21. Thanks, RoadFarmer!

22. Butch M

Butch M

Congrats can't wait to get my copy.....such a cool car

23. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Just came out of the "library" after reading the article on your car. Congrats on the article and the whole story. Especially the car. I've loved Gassers all my life and always wanted to build/own one. I'm finally building one and can't wait to have it road worthy. Mine will not be as traditional as yours (more mixed old and new, a street freak) but I love all gassers. So many '55 and '57's it's great to see a '56. Love it. Mark L

24. Muttley

Muttley

Congratulations on making the cover of Hot Rod, my copy arrived this morning, looking forward to checking it out later on this afternoon.

25. Thank you Muttley for all the GREAT pics you have posted on this site.

26. Thanks buddy, I'm with you, its just bitchen that guys are building these cars again/finding originals and bringing em back to life.

27. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Rick Congrats on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine, very prestigious!

Your Dad would be proud of you.

My old '56 gasser made it in HRM on a much smaller scale under the vintage lettering section shot of the door " Rug Rat" last month.

Maybe we line up a the two old girls side by side at the March meet soon.

Tex

28. Thanks Tex, I dig your old warrior and have been keeping my eye out for progress. It'll be bitchen to make passes with at Famosa.

29. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I just got mine yesterday and read the article today. Great feature and the cover is real cool, congrats Ric.

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

very impressive and so great to see you guys getting the well-deserved recognition.