Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. Here I was thinking this was a driver and now it looks all shiny and no filler, your turing into a rock star.

Car show really???

Looking mad and better everytime I look in.

Mark Shearer

2. ausbuick

ausbuick

it looks shit hot des

3. ha ha ha yeah its gettin there, starting to really look cool, should be a good thing one day, i have ur buddy the bearded man for the no filler, hey i though it was gunna be a driver when i started but things kinda snowballed and is becomming a really cool car, ha ha ha ha rockstar

4. thanks mate cheers

5. sinister 45

sinister 45

You my friend are a fucking god send! I just finally got all my bag setup ready to go in to my 50' and ive been scratching my head on that damn front end. Let me know if you do put up a seperate how to. :D

6. The door gaps on my 50 are just shit ,whats the go to fix them .A mate said to solder 3mm bronze rod down the edges but I,m not sure ,any good fixes out there.

7. Ha ha what a pain in the ass no one puts up info on them hey. I'll post a big update Sunday with it all finished and everything else I did including rear end and shockers all round. Thanks man

8. Adjust the door gaps buy moving the hinged areas with a port I power untill the lines meet up nicely on the body and doors then u can move the gutters up and down with a hammer and chisel. Any edges to tight sanding discs on a grinder untill u have a nice gap then weld up if it splits the skin otherwise I'd u need I build them up just mug weld nicely and slowly down the edges then sand them up to a nice even gap.
    I'm just starting the gaps now and u can get a lot outta the gutters to really make it flow nice and look neat but there's no way round the sanding an welding to get. Killer finish with gaps. I'll pot pics when I start that. I'm excited to do that as everytime I fuck with the gaps the whole car looks better to look at.
    Des

9. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

Looks good, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed project.

10. Thanks mate its gunna be a while off finished but I'll keep posting progress.

11. Orlando1701

Orlando1701

That's going to me too, I'm just starting in on my 50' and there's a lot to be done with little time and less money to work with.

12. Thanks mate I might have a play over winter ......

13. Just ask if u need a hand. Ur Aussie? I can give u my number cause I managed to nut out the shit I didn't know and a few tips if u want.
    Des

14. Yeah there's a shitload of work hey but all good fun and mine is always dryig up my funds but this is the lifestyle we choose I guess ha ha
    Des

15. A couple pics of progress as I have been flat out time consuming shit like tryin to get shockers to work.
    Rear end completed and all apart to clean up and paint. Anyway pics

Attached Files:

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

bitchin car man. holy fuck

17. Ha ha ha ha thanks dude

18. 4rod

4rod

Great lookin '50, Nice work on bringin it down to bare metal...did the same thing to my'54...yours is much cleaner though...real spank work...dig the sled...perfect thread...here's my '54 Cheers

[​IMG]

19. shoebox50

shoebox50

20. Drea

Drea

Wow this is badass. I've loved this car since I first laid eyes on it but now when I have a spare hmmm .... 8 hours or so I can go through these million posts to see a detailed transformation.

21. ha ha ha ur a pisser drea, do it, sit down and read the whole thing from start to finish ha ha, cheers
    des

22. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Looks nice well done

23. msalamanca

msalamanca

:eek:I hate you, now I want to notch mine.

24. H ha h do it. Notch away!!!!!

25. Few updates too busy on the car todo this at the moment pics speak more than I can be fucked writing ha ha ha enjoy
    Des

Attached Files:

26. Pics

Attached Files:

27. daddio211

daddio211

Looks fantastic!