Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster Show ~2012~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D ROD, May 1, 2012.

1. making the drive on Saturday............

2. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

3. I'll be there, fo sho. So-Cal has a good pre-party, but Bobby Walden's is even cooler. More intimate, less "chainers".

4. Better be a BIG plane :D

5. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

In spite of what the geezers and chainers in the roadster show section may say, the new layout with the swap and specialty parking is a mile away from public parking and really blows chunks. Don't really want to buy anything big because the parts shuttle is at best unreliable. The club guys are riding around in carts, so what do they care? Called a couple of members after the show and they were not open to any suggestion because the attendance was bigger than ever and they had a great ride. This year I'm bringing my butt-ugly '47just to get in on the good side. I want this event to be its best but last year was a bad turn. Good Luck: Fred A

6. From what I was told, last years set up was due to the fairgrounds remodeling that was going on - it was beyond the club's control. They said they were going to try and modify it a bit for this year.

And I am neither a Geezer or a Chainer, and I had a spot in the swap, picked up a body from Brookville in the vendor area and had my Roadster in the shiny show. I really didn't find that it was that big a deal, but some guys will bitch about free money.

7. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

Doesn't look like Don would have been affected by any of the changes that I found to be a problem since his perspective would have been near to the entrance with the free entry "shiny show" and the larger buck vendors, but the bottom feeders that took the long march to the back row shouldn't have been that big a deal. A place as big as the fairgrounds should be able to accomodate all of us. Good Luck: Fred A

8. NealinCA

NealinCA

We'll be there again this year. My dad and two brothers with a truckload of old Ford junk. We'll be there for set-up on Friday and swappin' all day Saturday.

Neal

9. steems

steems

Flying out thursday with a friend. Was out there for the PC3G and the SoCal grand openings and hadn't been back since until last year. Can't believe how much it has grown in 6 yrs. It should be on everyones bucket list.

10. Except I did, as stated above, also have a spot in the swap meet. My roadster was up in the front by the tunnel - near the suede palace area during the GNRS - and my swap meet spot was WAY in the back north 40, so i couldn't have had them much further apart really. was it as convenient as years past? Hell no, but all in all it wasn't that big a deal for a once a year show of that caliber.

11. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Will be there tuesday am ...DROD is you coupe still there ..????

12. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Wouldn't be traditional if someone didn't bitch about something.

I'll be there.

13. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I dated a girl in the 60's that had B.O.
    How'z that?

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Only if you met her at LARS ;)

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is so you can find your way there!------HA!!

Attached Files:

16. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Hopefully my Daughters and I will be criusing the 57 out there. Usually park
    at the HAMB area;)

17. That's too bad Doug :eek: Hope she was easy ;)

18. I'm going sat and hoping Bad Bob has the wagon train again.

19. El Bombero

El Bombero

Will you have any cookies like you did a couple years ago? MMMMMMM good.

Mike

20. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Coupe is in for paint, but the chassis is there. Would be cool to meet you guys, we are flying in Wed morn!

21. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

No love for the noreasters Dave. I'll be there next year. Well plan it!! Me and the boy!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Have fun, post photos, it's been on my Bucket List forever. Bob

23. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Well showum how it's done and drive-and drive- and then drive some more from the nor'easter... Anyone else is welcome (byob):)

24. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Bob from ct, it's time bob its Time you cross it off your bucket list ( LA 2013) .join us NE to SoCal. Be there or be square.

25. Hey Rick, I'll be there. Most likely with Groucho.

26. My Gasser won't be there. Money problems still.

27. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Wether it's gas or money we still seem to get the same milage don't we seghi

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Haven't missed one since '88 or so, not going to miss one now! Plymouth won't be up and running soon enough, but I'll find something fun to cruise over in.

29. I'll be driving down for the Motorama, then over to the L.A. Roadster show.

30. Lil32

Lil32

My wife and I will be flying over again from AUSSIE DEPART JUNE 1 , We did not mind the new setup last year, at our age the walking is good for us .will keep an eye out for you hambers .Capitan Insano will look you up Bld 4.We also will do Pomona Swap, So Cal and Waldens friday parties Regards Lil32