Register now to get rid of these ads!

A car guy to the end...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 9, 2012.

1. 3step

3step

Sending prayers

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sorry about your Dad! Prayers sent .

3. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

reading this post with a tear runnin' down my cheek makes me miss my pop all over again he was a car guy too! my reason for what i do ,thoughts and prayers to ya,the notes he wrote will be the best treasure he could give you

4. williebill

williebill

Lost my Dad in '95. I'd give anything to talk to him,and get his advice on all my screwups since then. My brother in law died of the same cancer. Diagnosed in August,gone in November. Sorry for your loss.

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

Cancer almost got me but for the grace of god I'll make it to the half century mark in a few years.My condolences to you and all of his loved ones.

6. racer756

racer756

Thank you for sharing this. You are a very lucky man to have been graced by such a wonderful Father. RIP.

7. I am so sorry for your loss.I went through the exact same thing with my Dad 7 years ago. He was diagnosed in January and passed away in mid April worst 4 months of my life. It does get better but there is not a day that has gone by over the last 7 years that I haven't thought of him and missed him. Wishing you and your family the best in these tough times.

8. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Condolences to you and your family :(

9. kustomrace

kustomrace

Monday will be the one year since my dad passed from pancreatic cancer.I had three years to say goodbye to him,and still was'nt ready.....I miss him every day.My thoughts and prayers go out to you....Dave

10. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a cool thing your dad did for you kids. Sounded like a guy you could look up to. RIP Vet.

11. Condolences to you and your family.

12. My thoughts and best wishes to you. Keep his memory alive. Tell all the funny stories and the things you learned to all that know you and knew him. Pass on the knowledge through your history. Honor with respect with story of his and your life together.

13. AZbent

AZbent

I believe I know how your feel. My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 3 days after my oldest son's wedding. 4 short months after that he passed away. He was working almost everyday, until his work told him that he should not be there (I believe that took all of he wind out of his sails). He finally passed about a week after that. It has been almost two years since he passed. I still think about him alot. It sounds like your dad was working until the end also. Good for him, he didn't sit around a cry in his beer or say pity me.

Take your time getting over the loos af your father. Enjoy the memories that you had with him, share stories with others about him. But most of all cherish the memories.

You have my sincere condolences.
    Mark

14. thoughts and prayers to you and your family.. God Bless!

15. The ash filled oil cans made me smile and cry at the same time. prayers going up.
    Pass his teachings and values on to your children and they will do well in life.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  16. So Sorry for the loss of your Dad Jive-Bomber....I know how you feel far to well.Sounds as if your Dad went on his own terms an was a good man an Great Father.Gods Speed!

17. rld14

rld14

Last week made it 7 years since I lost my Dad. I miss him every day and can imagine your loss.

You have my deepest sympathies. May your dad rest in peace.

18. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

So sorry for your loss your father sounds like a great man. Im sure he is very proud of the person you have become. Prayers with you and your family.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My condolences for the loss of your father. It sounds like he was one of the good ones and the two of you made a REAL connection during your time with him. For that I'm envious as my father and I never achieved that. As long as he lives on in your memory he will never be far from you. May he rest in peace.

Frank

20. Sorry for your loss

21. hasty

hasty

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

22. Gaters

Gaters

Hate to hear this Jay. Just very sad and reminds me of me and my Pop. Please know I'll be thinking of you and your family and keepin you guys in my prayers.

23. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I just went through this a month ago. I'm sorry man. Still isn't easy for me. Looks like you had a good relationship with your dad, as did I with mine. It helps me to know that the ONLY thing we take with us from this life to the next is those relationships. Dads rule.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684984

24. So sorry for your loss ,Condolences to you and your family

25. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you had a very special father, not everyone is so lucky. Celebrate that.

26. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

So sorry for your loss, may the Lord comfort you and your family.

27. DaveInc

DaveInc

Very sorry for your loss.

28. Jagnorb

Jagnorb

Sorry to read about your loss. Your car guy dad will be with you every time you touch a wrench or talk about cars. My sympathies to you and your siblings. Treasure the moments with your new daughter.

29. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayer go out to you. Lost my Dad when I was 14, and miss him every day (20 yrs later).

Drew

30. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Condolences.....

Whenever your ready to let pictures of your fathers cars do the talking, the world could sure do with a fresh injection of how the real guys really did it....