Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mittler Bead Rollers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NeedFiber, Feb 2, 2012.

1. NeedFiber

NeedFiber

I'm looking at the Mittler bread rollers...hoping to dump my crappy HF bead roller but would love to re-purpose the HF dies. Does anyone know if they will fit the Mittler roller? If anyone has another brand of roller to consider please respond. I need the ability to start and stop a bead within a panels boarders...plus really need the electric foot control. My wife cranks the flanger while I feed....we call her "Fannie the Flanger"...you know, Rosie the Riveter....blah blah blah.... anyway, her right arm is getting much to big so we need a better tool.
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. Dump the Chinese Harbor-Bomber shit and buy American. Those shit dies don't fit anything else anyway.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. NeedFiber

NeedFiber

Fact or fiction? Anyone else?

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

Cant answer your question, but the Mittler Bros beadroller is a good machine.

They are also nice people that stand behind their product.

Mine was sent out with a problem, and they sent me the parts I needed to repair it ( a new motor, pedal, and cables )
    Without any kind of hassle.
    They just wanted my machine to be right.

And I have many years of use out of it since then...

5. cretin

cretin

will not fit.

6. choppedmerc

choppedmerc
    from Spokane

I have a mittler bros powered bead roller and love it! Not sure if HF dies fit but if you were to use them on an american made unit bad Karma to you!! please dont mix crap with american ingenuity. Dont get me wrong HF is cool just dont co mingle the 2!!!

7. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

The id and od of the dies are different.

8. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

9. Get the M B its the best... hf dies do not fit...

Johnny

10. oj

oj

Check 'Pro Tools' in florida. I've used thier electric for longer than those other companies have even made bead rollers.

11. rcktscientist

rcktscientist
    from San Diego

I have a MB and it is great...but I saw a Lazze 2nd Generation 3 Axis model and I got Beadroller Envy. Being able to change location of top roller is great. I may end up selling my MB to upgrade to Lazze.

12. At $7000 you will have to sell a few MB's to upgrade:eek::D

13. 48stude

48stude

The HF dies will not fit MB . I have them both. Bill

14. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Mike Mittler is a friend of mine and I would highly recommend any of his products, he's also got alot of dies for his bead rollers.

15. Jim Stabe

Jim Stabe

HF dies ride on a metric sized shaft. I use to know how many mm's but can't recall now. They are also hardened so you can't do much with them to change the size.

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Tell your friend I'm impressed with his customer service. :)

He helped me out another time too.
    When I needed part of a tool in a hurry ( non stock sizes so he didnt have it in stock), which he dropshipped to my place.

Highly recommended from me too...

17. sunvalley54

sunvalley54
    Alliance Vendor

The Mittler Brothers dies are 2-1/2" OD X 3/4" ID. HF dies have a 7/8" ID, so they will not fit the Mittler bead rollers. Mittler Bead rolls will fit the Baileigh machine (because they copied the Mittler, and have the machines made in China) and the newer Pro Tool machines. I run the 200-36NV - The 36" Industrial machine. Nice Unit!

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  18. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

I'm dissapointed with all this "copied and made in China" stuff. Mittler is top quality, have gone through a few notcher blades on stainless steel, which chews up everything, and appreciate their replacable parts, and service.

19. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

We have a MB at work. Great machine. If I was going to buy one, I would look at three of them. MB, Baleigh, and Lazze.

20. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also have a Mitler Bros. bead roller. I would highly recommend their machine.

21. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I have a Mittler and am very satisfied. I think you may have misinterpreted the post you are referring to. Read it again...does not say MB copied...........

Ray