Register now to get rid of these ads!

** Stray Kat 500 thank you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, May 8, 2012.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

I wanted to thank everyone for spending the weekend with us. We hope that you had a
    good time. We try to make the show fun and not just a waiting room for trophies. We
    broke the 500 mark again this year and I feel like we will for now on. We have a 500
    limit but we will not turn away any one that drives in. So why have a limit in the first
    place? The SK500 is not really a show it is a social event and we are afraid if it gets too
    big you could jeopardize the social aspects of the show.

Also Like to thank Roger Ward for inspiring so many people through out the years. You
    are one of the koolest hot rodders ever. Your beliefs is big part of our Stray Kat Kustoms
    foundation. Sorry it took so long to thank everyone, my brain is mushier then normal. :)

[​IMG]

I have a lot more thank yous to give out but I can't remember them all sorry guys.

Hope to see ya guys next year in Dewey...

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  2. Mick, it was a fantastic show!! I can not thank you and the rest of the Kats enough for the hard work you guys do to put on such a great family reunion! My favorite show of the year hands down.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yes you always go over and beyond!!! Great Show!!

4. tjmercury

tjmercury

Once again Mick, thanks for letting us get in on your "family reunion" we had a blast as always and got to meet several new friends as well as running into old ones. We got to sit down Sunday at the station and listen to Tony Marx play on his oil can guitar, he even took the time(and patience) to show my son how to "play" it, he is still talking about it! I still can't believe he came from down under to the show! Well Mick whether you like it or not, it sure looks like the show is "going global"!

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Uhm...when was your brain less mushier than normal...??? :confused: :rolleyes:

R-

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Perfect weekend, any way you care to measure it!

7. OLD BINDER

OLD BINDER

Thanks for a great laid back weekend.It was my first time and i will be back.

8. Butch M

Butch M

Thank you Mick had a great time......

9. gonmad

gonmad

As I have said before Mick, you are the man!! I can't imagine the actual work you do to make this thing happen! Well, I'm sure it really is mainly your wife's work that makes it happen!! LOL

10. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Don't thank us. You and your close associates are the ones that deserve the thanks. The "Stray Kat 500" rivals ANY weekend show I've ever been to. So, THANK YOU MICK!!!!!

11. yblock292

yblock292

Mic, as i have told you before, it is the best "gathering" of all hot rod and kustoms guys. This was by far the best one so far, been to 10 and just had the best time. Its like you said its not a "car show" Its a family reunion. So many good friends and brothers, so many good times to talk about and meeting new friends. We just had the best time, just can't thank you enough, Renee, Cassy, and Alex and all the Dewey Kats for putting up with all us outer towners again. Love you all and just can't wait to do it all again. Travis and Jenn for the deal friday and we even putting up with Krobe again this year!Love the town and the locals were great, great job and will see ya soon!
    Your Brother............ Jack

12. I'll chime in as well. Mick, another great year, it comes so quick and goes so quick. You and all the Katz really put it out there for all of us to enjoy, and you hit a homerun once again.

Thanks Mick, see ya this fall.

13. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

My first Dewey experience & I had a great time. You guys are doing a hellava job. Thanks!

14. 49toad

49toad

Mick. Thanks for the great weekend. I have known Roger Ward for 40 years. If any of us were ever considered kool we learned it from Roger. Dewey is one show I can't miss. See you at the Starliner.

15. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

one word................... GAY.............................................................! lol

16. lost a hub bearing, got lost,showed up late and spent all my $. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SHOW I'VE BEEN TO!!!!! I loved the atmosphere, the people,the cars, and hangin out with the crowd across the street from the Tom Mix museum. I'll be back nxt year 4 sure!

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Mick, this is the GREATEST Show in the country THANK YOU and your Team for making it that way. PLEASE DON"T EVER STOP!

FF

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for all of the kool feedback. I was floored with the amount of Kool that
    was in town over the weekend. It was our biggest and it was by far the koolest.
    As long as the kats are having fun, we will continue to host the show for a long
    time.

"FF" you own one of the baddest Mercs ever. Love the new paint!!

Happy Trails, Mick

19. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Thanks again Mick, looking forward to seeing you @Pete&Jakes this weekend!

20. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Mick, sounds like ya put on a helluva show. I hope to make it down sometime. I met you at the Leadsled Spectacular last summer while hanging around with Travis. Love your Merc and I hope to make it to Salina again this year.

21. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

You know I'm kiddin ya, Mick and crew do A GREAT JOB, I"m just bummed I could spend more then just st, at the show, (you know how that slave drivin McPhail is ) I had to get this truk ready for cali,

22. yblock292

yblock292

Yea but it was still good seeing ya, cant wait for our fall run!

23. atomickustom

atomickustom

Thank YOU, Mick. It just keeps getting better. Next year I am going to stay Friday AND Saturday night. There were too many people I didn't get a chance to talk to sliding in and out in 24 hours.
    Friday evening I spent a couple hours sitting and talking to the dude with the green Barris-style '41 Merc (cannot remember his name) and that alone made it worth the price of admission. There is always someone more experienced around who is happy to share his knowledge or just talk about the old days. Great times!

24. Mick- I brought over 2 guys that had never been there before. They loved it. Great turnout and KOOL cars and people. Good to see you again.
    Later,
    Dick

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the kind words, glad ya made it home ok. I had planned on driving the Merc to
    P & J but got to many going with me, so we are gonna pile into the Tahoe.
    See ya Saturday.

You need to, it would be kool to have ya at the show. The SK500 is more social then
    we are good for a laugh or two. It was kool to meet ya last year at Salina. Renee and I will be there again this year, we can't miss that one.

I know that you are working on a Koolsville deadline, thought it was kool ya made time to
    hang out with us. Hope coming over gave ya a break. I can't wait to see and hear the "58
    a pop'n down the road. Just another Kool Kustom leaving your shop, happens everday.

Happy Trails, Mick

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your Chevy sure looks good, Your chop top has a purrfect profile. Every year it floors me
    with the quality of Hot Rods and Kustoms that attend, and the owners are willing to help
    anyone out. That is what it is all about.

I didn't know that you were coming over, it was a kool surprise. I just wish we had more
    time to talk. Glad ya had a good time.

Happy Trails, Mick

27. mongo51

mongo51

Mick great times the show was awsome. Im proud to tell everyone im a stray kat and that is one hell of a family to be part of. Thanks brother.

28. Thank you Mick and everyone else involved for putting on such a great show. I hadn't been in several years and just wished I could have stayed longer this year. Maybe I can make a weekend out of it next year instead of a day with 6 hours driving there and back to be there for about 4 hours or so. :D

29. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mick Jodi and had a GREAT TIME!!! Thanks For PUTTIN IT ON! John

30. bubmrdrmerc

bubmrdrmerc
    from oklahoma

i didnt go but my mom n dad went they had a blast he got a trophy in his purple merc it made his day he hasnt quit talkin bout it since so just wanted to say thanks again il be there next year deffinitely even if i have to drive the kid wagon