Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950-1953 Plymouth & Dodge Thread....lets see what you got.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Daddiojoe

Daddiojoe
    from Austin, TX

BJ--

I'm in the process of putting the body of a 51 Plymouth sedan on a 90 Dakota frame and drivetrain. Just at the very beginning, really. The Dakota longbed frame is about 3" too long, although track and width look fine.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in the engine compartment, so I'm keeping the V-6.

I'll keep you posted, but would also be interested in what other folks have experienced.

The Dakota swap was by far the least expensive way to get modern brakes and steering for the car.

2. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

Here is the article I wrote about a 318 in a '49 to '52 Plymouth it has been posted before but I thought it was worth re-posting. It has been on the road for nine years and is a great driving old Plm.

Attached Files:

3. ElPlymino

ElPlymino
    from Orcutt

I think there's a thread on here about doing a 80's chevy S-10 frame swap under a 50's ply. That frame is used on both the shortbed and longbed trucks. It slides back and to the fit different wheelbases.

4. corvairsixtyfour

corvairsixtyfour
    from Pomona ca

go this like a month ago been working on it quite a bit, it doesnt sit flat it leans to the side a bit, is their a way to fix that?

Attached Files:

5. 390kid

390kid

could just need some bushings or might need some new springs. i think i might have an extra set of front springs laying around. i definately have an extra set of that belt moulding. nice car btw

6. madpiper

madpiper

53 meadowbrook
    dodge elevated view 001.jpg

7. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

53? What about 54s???

8. corvairsixtyfour

corvairsixtyfour
    from Pomona ca

alright ill have to check those out, i have all the moldings just havent put them on, is their a way to put the moldings on without the original retainers? thanks man

9. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Yeah, what's wrong with 54's? I've a 54 Plymouth with 4 doors, no hood and patina...trying to cover all the bases of things for people to hate on!

Attached Files:

10. Anymore pics? And of the dual carb set up?

Here's mine

Attached Files:

11. duke7427

duke7427
    from Colorado

only saw a few Chryslers. Here is mine.

Attached Files:

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

13. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

14. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

15. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Here are a couple more...from when I first got it and how it looks now.

The carbs are just the Langdon's setup Carter / Webers. I just picked up a set of Carter B&B's and plan on switching over to those soon...

What I have done so far...Engine rebuild with mild cam, PCV conversion, Dual Intake, Dual Exhaust, HEI 12v Conversion, rewire, T5 tranny swap, front disc brakes, floorboard repair...

What I am in the process of doing...switch to dual Carter B&B's, rewire again to bring everything back in working order (original gauges, turn signals, backup lights, interior lights, etc.) and million little things!

Attached Files:

16. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

17. moparmike

moparmike
    from Austin, Tx

Here is how mine looks now. Have 2 more handles to shave as well as about 140 trim holes to fill.
    [​IMG]

18. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Love that dash!!! Mine is striped too but couldn't find any good pictures...these are the best I could come up with...

Attached Files:

19. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

here is a pic of my 50 plymouth next to my 62 tempest. My wife found the plymouth at a garage sale.

Attached Files:

20. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

looks good to me! thanks!

21. Cheers for that. I'm very interested on the t5 swap, got any info?

22. Few more.

Attached Files:

23. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

Here are a couple links...

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/index.php - There are several threads on here about it and some alternatives to what I used.

https://home.comcast.net/~pjplymouth/t51935.html - Write up on how he did it and also sells the adapter plate and parts. This is what I used.

Biggest problem for me is that I started with a Powerflite car (2sp Auto) so I had to gather all the parts to get me to where it was like I was starting with a 3sp...bell housing, flywheel, etc. After sourcing all the parts I needed everything went together relatively easy. I used a WC T5 out of a Mustang so that caused a little problem with the cross member and tranny mount...for some reason the transmission mounting surface is at an angle on these. Anyway, we fabbed up a mount onto my original cross member and we were good to go. This was probably one of the best improvements as far as "driveability" that I have made to my car. The only thing I don't like is that because I started with an Auto I did not have any clutch or linkage...I had to add a hydraulic clutch with a master / slave cylinder. I hate the way the master cylinder looks on the firewall and the mounting of the slave cyclinder required fabbing another bracket to get everything to work.

24. So nice to see so many of these early Mopar rolling around. There should be a yearly gathering.

25. jsquared89

jsquared89
    from Troy,MO

Here is my '50 dodge Business coupe, just installed Edmunds intake with dual bb's and split stock manifold
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. 390kid

390kid

nice intake. thats a good lookin coupe!

27. phukinartie

phukinartie

17& 18" wheels DVD player and a SBC Let the beatings begin!!!
    I have taken the Briz bumpers off and custom fit some 49 plymouth bumpers

Attached Files:

28. phukinartie

phukinartie

The Wifes, S/B Mopar All her styling

Attached Files:

29. bjinatj

bjinatj

Love the Coupe! Static dropped suspension or bags?