Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. I know it's a bit early to start this thread but I hope to be showing the "Ghost Rider Roadster" again at the 2013 Detroit Autorama, if they will have me. 2011 was the the first ever indoor car show for us and I did learn a lot and would really like the opportunity to present the "Ghost Rider Roadster" in a better light . Myles and I have started planning early since I am so far away from Detroit and it takes some time to work out the logistics.....just in case. The Autorama just keeps getting bigger and better and I would really hate to miss it and the good friends that we have made over the many years of attending.
    Ron
    Check out the little video below at.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4_teGiAHk

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I finally made it to the autorama for the first time this year, had an absolute blast. Definently going back this year, might show my buddies 62 tbird downstairs (havent decided yet). I hope you bring the ghost rider along, I really want to see it in person at some point, such a beautiful car.

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

DANG :eek: I thought I planned ahead for shows

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,... If I haven't assumed room temperature by then,.. I will most likely be working overnights again,.. Once again, I'll be there as always, but you probably won't know it.

5. macjunkers

macjunkers
    from detroit

can never plan early enough

6. And I won't be offering the pull-out bed in the roadster for you this time ! :D
    Ron

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks Ron,.. But I NEVER sleep on the job,... Ah,.. if you run across a little brown teddy bear,... ummm,.. I might know who it belongs to . :eek::D

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Please put that car downstairs.... That's where all the cool cars are anyway. :D

9. Thanks ynot ; If you don't have a good time at the Autorama, then you just don't like hopped up cars ! I never get tired of it :D. Hope to see you there !
    Ron

10. I was going to get a 20 x20 spot next time (if possible) as I wanted to display the roadster a little differently than I did in 2011. Don't know if I could get a larger spot downstairs ?
    Thanks, Ron

11. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

This year was my first time also but def not my last! I'm hoping to get my 29 in the basement next year!

12. I guess that depends on who you know;)

13. Rudy; Just so happens I know Moses, George Washington, Abe Linclon, Elvis, just to name (drop) a few... Will that work ? :D
    Ron

14. Need I say more ?
    Ron

Attached Files:

15. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I hope you can bring the Ghost Rider again, Ron! It's such a beautiful roadster and I need to stare at it for long periods of time again!

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys are crazy. There's no 2013 Autorama. The world ends on Dec 21 2012!!

But just in case it doesn't, I'll be there.

17. Thanks Todd; I really appreciate your comment! The plan is to be there, if it is accepted again . I do love that event as it is far more than just a show !:)
    Ron

18. millersgarage

millersgarage

Ron,

The basement is a lot of fun, but really your car would be appreciated more upstairs. There is true judging upstairs, where the basement is a pick award. Not that I think you're a trophy whore, but it does mean more with a win upstairs.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

No, were good,.... The Mayans didn't observe "leap year" there have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, this would be October, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…. so technically the world should have ended months ago. :eek::eek::cool::D:D

20. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

You're welcome! I love Autorama. I set up a booth downstairs in the Artist's Alley (2013 will be the 4th year), and I always have a great time. It was great that Norwell was actually able to get away and make the show this year. I hear they moved it to mid- March for 2013.

21. Todd; you are right, the dates are March 8-10. For som reason, I thought it in was late Feb. This is good to know as I thought it would be great to make the Grand National Show in Jan. then spend Feb in Arizona then head for Detroit in March. It will probably reamain just a dream, however.:(
    Ron

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  22. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I still dream of someday making it to GNRS....came close once! It's on my bucket list along with Bonneville.

23. I'm not so sure I agree with you on this one Jeff. It really doesn't matter what the judges think of it but I do like it when someone "gets" what I was trying to portray with this effort. In 2011 there were two roadsters that were judged to be better than mine and I have to agree that they were much better "show" cars than the "Ghost Rider Roadster". So I guess you build a car a certain way that pleases you and let the chips fall where they may or you build a "show car" to try to please the judges. I'm just happy to have been a part of it and if the car is in the basement next year, I will be happier than a pig in ....well you know the rest :eek:
    Ron

Attached Files:

24. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Yep, but Elvis is still trying to convince Rudy that a fried P,B&B sandwich is really health food.

C'mon & hang with us hooligans in the Basement. You won't regret it.

25. Sounds good to me !
    Ron

26. I'm planning on being there with a bunch of guys from Perth, Western Australia, one of which is building a car to (hopefully) contend the Ridler Award. I know, not HAMB friendly, but it should be a pretty cool experience. Sounds like I'll have to check out downstairs too. :)

27. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Brootal, glad to hear a buncha you guys are comin' up from Oz! Hope your friend's car shows well, but I gotta say, the basement is THE place to be! Make sure and come downstairs and hang out!

Ron, if ya end up putting the Ghost Rider in the basement, I'm betting they'll want to put you front and center at the bottom of the main entrance!

28. Who you calling a hooligan? :mad:

I guess if the shoe fits, we should probably wear it... :rolleyes:

I'm planning to bring a new build downstairs next year, so the March date works well for me. I know we'll be thrashing on it and the extra time will be nice. Very excited for next years show!

29. Thanks Todd for your support ! You are too kind !
    Ron

30. millersgarage

millersgarage

I went and got my judging sheet after the show, and used it to see where I needed work on the coupe. It was a useful tool for me.