Register now to get rid of these ads!

shift pattern on a torqueflight 727 trans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old bone, May 3, 2012.

1. I hear if you hang some stuff on the walls, it will really cut down on the echo.

2. austinhunt

austinhunt

Hahaha this is good shit.

3. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

First of all, you sir, are an asshole. After being an ignorant prick to everybody who is only trying to help, I am surprised you are getting any at all.

Now, since I am a nice guy and I would like to see your project come to fruition because I like cars more than people, here are some simple photographs showing the shift pattern at the manual lever. Let me say that again slowly so it has time to absorb through your thick, neanderthal skull. M-A-N-U-A-L L-E-V-E-R. That is the little lever coming through the transmission case, on the driver side, above the pan rail that controls the valve body via the gear selector.

(The gear selector would be the rod with the handle sticking out of the right side of your steering coulumn, or, what is commonly known as the floor shifter. pushbutton transmissions do not use a M-A-N-U-A-L L-E-V-E-R. I hope this clarifies some of your difficulty)

Now, if the M-A-N-U-A-L L-E-V-E-R is pushed all the way forward in a clockwise fashion, the transmission will be in first gear. Rotate it counter clockwise until it stops, and it is now in park.

Damn boy, someone even posted an instructional manual giving you specific directions and, obviously, you did not read it or you would have thanked the man.

Anyway, since you are entirely too lazy to do your own homework and then turn around and bash those who do it for you, here are some pictures that clearly illustrate how this works. The picture of the entire valve body has the lever in the park position, as evidenced by the location of the letter N indicating where the neutral position is. I hope you get it now, because I REALLY don't want to hold your hand anymore AND draw it out for you in crayon, which, visually speaking, I think may be more suited to your level of intellect.

Both picture perspectives (please know the meaning of that word) would be from the top rear of the transmission.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Haha this is an entertaining read. I can't help with the trans, but I can help you with spelling. The word you are attempting to write is T-O-W-A-R-D-S.

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

old bone, you sure talk to yourself a lot. 19 posts on the same thread in 2 hours and 7 minutes has to be a record.

Quite a few guys suggested you put the lever either fully forward or fully back and see which of those positions locks the tailshaft. If you couldn't figure that out you:

1. Shouldn't be calling other people stupid
    2. Shouldn't be building a car from the ground up

Good luck with your build attempt, and glad you're a long ways away from Kansas so I don't have to worry about your "car" being on the same roads that I drive.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You would think this guy would have been "culled" by natural selection by now.

7. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Building a car ground up. Hmmm, what goes up must come down. Guess that means he is going to grind the car down after building the car ground up. Or does this mean he is going to grind up the car. All I know is that he sure knows how to converse with himself!

How this mess of a thread gets this many responses is unreal.

8. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Maybe he has a push button Torqueflite.......then he has a headache....Actually, I =think his head hurts anyways

9. This has got to be the goffiest thread ever.

10. chopped

chopped

Because I have one in a car with no floorboards I know the answer, but this is too much fun.

11. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

come on guys take it easy on the guy he is just trying to.... hahaha naaahhh nevermind have at it

12. Are you sure about that , there's plenty of them.

13. Hey you two, play nice !!

14. Play nice my ass, he started it !

15. This guy says we don't have too.

16. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

i see how you got 3400 posts now lmao

17. Jakebob

Jakebob

This is why I love the HAMB. This thread (and this reply) just made my day.

To the OP, you need to understand that you need to explain what you're doing clearly. We only have the information that you post. We have no idea if you're talking about the interior shifter or the lever on the trans. Well, we do now that others made the assumption and gave you everything you need.

You do understand that we can't see your car right? And that repeating the same limited info over and over won't help us or you, right?

And if you really think you can figure it out for yourself, fuck off and do so. Please post the results for the short bus crowd, we could obviously use the education.

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

If this clown can't figure how a shift pattern on a 727....then he'll most never get how to adjust the 727 throttle lever...:)

19. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

park is back to the rear, 1st is towards the motor shifter cable mounts/points back to rear

20. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Man, this is funny shit.

KRH

21. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

So this is what happens when multi personalities get ahold of a key board!I thought I was going outa my frick'n tree for a bit reading this.

22. When the linkage connector on the trans is rotated toward the tailshaft all the way, the trans is in park

23. Zombie thread bro.... and a bad one at that.

24. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The ankle bone connected to the shin bone.... the shin bone connected to the knee bone.... the knee bone connected to the thigh bone....