Register now to get rid of these ads!

domb question!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinstick, May 3, 2012.

1. twinstick

twinstick

stoop'n pritty far, a ''jack wagon'' really........realllyyy!

2. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Alssso guysss who don't get the jokesss.

3. Hey don't get you panties in a bunch. Ribbin' is roddin'.

It has been part of the community as long as there have been rodders. No one means anything personal by it, well sometimes they do, but for the most part if they aint talkin' about your mom it is just horse play.

4. cederholm

cederholm

Oh come on, calm down. This is the HAMB not a love in, that's down the hall. Guys are helping you and guys are ribbing you. The more you get pist the less they'll help.

5. More the "mamby pamby land" :)

6. cederholm

cederholm

Can I get that in a tag topper? :D

7. And the more they will rib as a rule.

Personally I think that a good ribbin' deserves a good tongue stickin'. :p :D:D

8. twinstick

twinstick

id rather just have the info.............if thats ok!!

9. What doesn't cost has no value. The HAMB is like fish soup, you gotta eat the fish and spit out the bones.

10. cederholm

cederholm

P&B - we gotta get some HAMB fortune cookies made up with your wisdom inside. Brilliant!

11. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Hey not to offend anyone here(beaner) were not all old! :D lol Im 23 my self, and I have taken my fair of shit from the senior members of the "hot rod community" but I have learned to deal with it and not take it to heart. Relax bro. Grab a beer and join the party, u might learn something along the way and make some friends along the way too. We are all in this together. We love to help each other out, its just that some of us like to joke around a bit, some more than others.
    :p

12. Hey wait a minute, I resemble that remark.;)

I don't think it is an age thing at all, some of the "younger" fellas get of some of the better zingers. Sometimes I don't even realize I have been got until the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Then I spend the rest of the night chuckling. I always figure ya gotta laugh at yourself; may as well everyone else is.

I think that getting poked and proded is a right of passage. For some of us it a damned long passage.

13. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Haha
    Hey beaner!, You and I have the same birthday!

14. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Now I know I'm not the only one that statement strikes as irony....

Look bro...bottom line this is the HAMB....you have more of a shot of getting a straight answer from your smartassed teenage son than ANY of us...tis very similar to the military...if you open yourself up to ridicule.....game on; THEN if you show weakness (in the form of getting pissed) then we will gladly capitalize off of that until there is nothin left cept the empty blood pressure meds bottle.

Two things you need here....thick skin....and spell check....f7 brother f7 USE IT!

That is all.

15. Well it sucks to be you. :D

Happy B day twin. ;) I'm getting a jug of JD for my B day this year, I'll knock one back for ya. Actually if you would send me a can of pearl I could "Drink Pearl in a can and Jack Daniels Black. . ."

OK fellas give the man a break, you can all have fun at my expense for the next 5 minutes. :D:D

16. slammed

slammed

You 'want' answers. For free, on time, under budget.

17. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I'd be a little weary of eating a cookie full of P-n-B's brillance!:D

18. TexasDart

TexasDart

you started it you spelled dumb ...domb...that seemed dumb...and that's how it starts. Believe it or not spelling and grammar goes a long way in this world. It just seems schools these days just let people do it however it feels good....instead of correctly.
    Good luck with your ride.

19. No shit. Read his original post again. He not only misspelled Dumb, but all the highlighted words as well. Then he gave just about no information as to what the truck had now, how it had been modified, what he wants out of it or even which end he wanted to work on - or both.

As someone on here has so eloquently said - "You want to build a car when you can't even build a sentence"

As for the "Smart Ass" comments, when I was coming up, the older guys would always give the newbies a hard time, it was part of the process and a right of passage. And when you say Dumb things or get combative, it only leads to more. Those who learned from it went on to be part of the group, those that didn't cried in their soup. So Man Up or Move On

20. I'm one of the somewhat "younger" group on the HAMB at 43, and have been hanging with my dad and his grouchy old bastard group of hotrodders since I was old enough to hand them wrenches.

They've been ribbing me and jacking with me for years and I've learned to dish it right back at them. And...when it comes right down to it, they'd walk through the fires of hell to help me out.

So dude....don't get all insulted....roll with it....you'll see that these most of these guys know their shit. Think of it as a bunch of rodders hanging in someone's garage, giving each other hell.

21. wisdom right there....wisdom

22. 38zephyr

38zephyr

How about some lowering blocks ?

P.S. I have an older friend that can barely read or write , but he can build engines , chop tops and do stuff that I will never be able to do . Not spelling properly in and of itself can be overlooked as long as everything else is on the up and up !

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  23. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

yu peapel our aswholes

24. jimvette59

jimvette59

" The only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked. "

25. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

as a bad speller myself, i kind of wish all spell checkers would start writing romance novels or something as worthwhile instead of jumping in everytime. i mean it's not like anyone didn't know what he was talking about.

26. twinstick

twinstick

I think its great, how it bother's so many of you guys that i cant spell, it sound's like it really bother's you guys................and I like it:) HA....HA!!

27. BISHOP

BISHOP

Put the gun DOWN, crazy ass.

28. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Move the axle to the top of the spring, take out all but the main leaf and install your air bags.

29. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

There are no domb questions but there are stopid ones.:D

Turn on spell check!

30. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

You go Twinstick.................

Domdass...........