Register now to get rid of these ads!

domb question!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinstick, May 3, 2012.

1. twinstick

twinstick

Hi, this is Ryan, and i have a really low budget for the suspention on my '48 ford f-1, what would be the easyest to do for air bags, a mono leaf and torq bars or four-link, i know i would have to notch the fram for both in the rear? i really only want to level it out and have a smooth ride, im not looking to drage the frame on the ground like i have a hole load of fat chicks in the back!! lol!!

2. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

there are no domb questions... only domb answers.

3. Willy301

Willy301

You might want to wait until your budget expands a bit...The worst thing you could do is go the cheap route on airbags....

4. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

that there is funny

5. twinstick

twinstick

Well, i only ask cuz i already have the bags, and the compressor, i forgot to say that the first time, sorry!!

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

relax bro we were just messin around not everyone on here is mad all the time

7. twinstick

twinstick

OK, but what are you thinking on my problem? whats your thoughts?

8. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

to save money i would do a urethane bushed three link that way all you have is the cost of bushings and tube i bought heims for my 4 link and it was 380.00

9. twinstick

twinstick

I know the heims are the most expensive, I'v used them on other projects!

10. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I thought so too!!!

11. koolkat269

koolkat269

Wrong, there is no such thing as dumb questions. Jusst dumb people asking quesstions :rolleyes:

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

domn it owl anyhow, can't nobuddy get notin write? so, how about posting some pics of your truck to see how suspension, tires, etc look now? frontend lowered? how many inches of lowering rear needed to get to where you want it?

13. twinstick

twinstick

for some reason i cant upload any pics to this site, iv tried a number of times and noth'n, the rear need to come down about 4-5 inches the front is fine where its at i like the stance, i just dont like the ass end so far up in the air

14. LEFTY_

LEFTY_
    from The 702

they are probably to large start a photobucket.com account and uplaod the to the account the link them in the post tools using the url link

15. Instead of using bags then why not move your rear axle to above the springs with a small notch this will drop it 5 - 6 inches

16. BISHOP

BISHOP

How did you spell suspension correct.

My mistake, its wrong too.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  17. twinstick

twinstick

IM sorry im not purfect like you!

18. I'm not gonna say it.

19. The only domb question is the one that's not asked :)

20. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Oh boy.... I'll bring the popcorn this time. Whos bringing the beers?...:rolleyes:

All joking aside, we need some more info on ur current suspension. Is it stock, is it clipped, leaf over axle, leaf under axle?....

Seriously, the words "bagged" and "cheap" should not be used in the same sentence or even the same train of thought...

Give us some more info, we will try the best we can to help you out.

21. Keep

Keep

Shop around, they should run less than $10 each for a decent joint.

22. twinstick

twinstick

you know if i wanted a bunch of ''SMART ASS'' comments i would just ask my teenage son!

23. If you just want to level it out bags are overkill. You can drop the rear about 3" just by moving the rear to the top of the springs, you can get a little more by dearching the springs. Very little invested in this setup.

Save the bags for a project that is going to go extreme.

24. twinstick

twinstick

WOW, so many ''SMART ASS'' peaple, I was under the impresion that you could ask a simple question and get an answer.........for all you guys that had inteligent feed back THANK YOU!!

25. twinstick

twinstick

well, i also want the smoother ride as well!

26. Gator

Gator

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

27. Oh common gator, it's don't let the doh knob hit ya where the good lord split ya. Everybody knows that. :D

28. cederholm

cederholm

I love the HAMB!:D

29. twinstick

twinstick

see what i mean,.....this is probably a good reason why a lot of people dont like the hot rod community. You guys alway's are say'n that its a good thing to get the younger people to get in to this hobby, but you cant act like a mature adult to a complete stranger, a ''young guy'' thats try'n to get his rig run'n!.....now i can see why you guys need these car clubs so you can feel needed, if you ask me theres no room in this world for assholes!!:)....sorry for the guys that are nice and respectful to others and are in this for the rite reasons.......this wasn't directed twords you!!!