Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony

Phil i dig it!
    If it would have function i'd make up the mounts and run it!
    Great talking with you guys today.

Tony

2. Hey good talking with you guys too and tell your buddy thanks again on the great deal. To bad it's snowing I'd get this thing outside to get a better look.

3. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

SWADE41, how much does your car weigh?

4. And he doesn't mean in 6 packs!

5. I weighed it last year at the track without the hood on and it weighed 2360 lbs., without me of course. I figure the hood probably goes about 40 lb, so round it off at 2400 lbs, then my fat 225 lb ass and we are pushing 26 plus...lol

6. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Thanks for the info. Trying to get some info together to get a cam recomendation.
    You are all metal, correct?

7. Yes,everything is steel, gutted interior with one lightweight race seat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Freaky1 likes this.
  8. JoeyV

JoeyV
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from San Diego

Good luck with the Henry, I'm sure the 4 hour drive will have been worth it. Enjoy it!

9. Ha ha, even with the ups and downs over the past year and a half it's still been a blast.

10. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

swade, thanks for the help. I'm going to say with interior somewhere around 2700 pounds?

11. That's a good guess, what kind of cam and gearing you want to run ?

12. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Not sure yet. My plans are to run a Ford 289 with tunnel ram & 2 4's with a 5 speed. Not sure what gear though.
    I wanted to get a cam recomendation from Comp Cams to see what they say.
    I have a Comp Cams 292h cam on the shelf now. I figured if it's close to what they recommended I'll use it.

13. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Great job car looks super.

14. Thanks, it makes the hard work worth it to read positive comments. I don't really want to dwell on my back issues because others are far worse than I. Sometimes I just don't want to work on it and other days I trade a good day in the garage for 3 days of "extra" suffering...lol

15. Today, while I was waiting on the grill to warm up for those tasty burgers we had for dinner. I got the T out of the garage so I could back the J out and get a look at that tank. I'm digging it and am already thinking of a mounting bracket to secure that puppy up front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Never mind the low slung exhaust, just point your eye up front and see if the tank looks good where it's at ?

[​IMG]

Freaky1 likes this.
  16. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Cool swade, COOL!!!!

17. Thanks, it will be the new helium holder, I need more lift for the front...lol

18. HOODLUM!-MIKE:eek::D;)

19. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

dude that thing is sweeeeet...but is that tank mounted?..it kinda looks tilted?or am i trippin?

20. Hmmm....I think your're right Patrick. Looks like it's off about a quarter of a bubble. Just like the owner! LOL

21. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Things looking awesome AAAND your listening to Priest's "Hot Rockin"! \,,/

22. Naw, it's not mounted yet, just hanging there with a red bungee cord and propped on top of the trans cooler.
    Ya got to see what it looks like before you go hard mounting it ya know.....lol

23. Thanks and Rock on Dude ! \,,/ the horns are high

24. I started screwing around with making a bracket for that tank. After staring at it for ever I decided on something, something old looking but functional looking too.
    I found some solid rod in the scrap pile and dusted off the torches, I don't have a rose bud so I just used the cutting torch. It was hard to free hand the same shape while trying to grab the hot steel. You would think I would have grabbed the gloves, but no I didn't.
    I think it turned out pretty good, needs a couple tweaks, one leg is an 1/8 inch higher than the other. I still need to trim and ad mounting plates for both tank and bracket to frame, but it gives me something to work with. What do ya think ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

looks good, fill the puppy up with some nitro.....

26. Got the mount and tank figured out, now I need to dress it up (the welds) and paint the bracket and trans cooler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Looks bitchin'! I can't wait to get down there this summer and see it in person!

28. Looks good Phil, I like the little burn out video. Will there be a BIG burn out video?

29. violet springs

violet springs

Looks Good I like it.

30. Test and tune will be soon, I did think about doing one in the truck, ha ha, but then I thought I just need to figure this tank location out.