Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found! '56 gasser bbc 4spd 10% set back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trksmth, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I suppose that you've already sent photos of the car to S&W but if you haven't done that you should. Those guys might remember the car, ya never know. Also, check the links from Gassermadness for the East Coast Gasser Association. There is a very active group of nostalgia racers that might be able to help.

2. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks, I have'n thought of it, but I thought that S&W had worked on it. The early work on the car was very nice. Mike

3. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Geez Mike you find the coolest shit! Congrats!

4. trksmth

trksmth

You'll have to stop by and see the latest.

5. Butch M

Butch M

I like that scoop man I wish I lived closer we could tear some stuff up that is one bad ass 56

6. I'm digging the new scoop too, has a much better look to it on that car than the snorkel.

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

GOOD NEWS !
    I found out about the S&W Racing . They are from Spring City , Pa. and are still in business and going strong ! They started their business in 1956 and have been building race cars ever since . I am sure if you fill out their "Contact Us" page or call them with the numbers they have posted on their web site you might find out what you have really fast ! I can bet you they have pictures of the car as well .
    Here is their link . let me know how you make out ! http://www.swracecars.com/index.aspx

Here is a FB link . That might also be a great place to find out about your gasser !
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/SW-Race-Cars/82369409601
    Good Luck !

Retro Jim

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  8. I'd go to the back of the hood.
    Back in the day, they would have bolted/riveted it the hood or glassed it in. Today's Comp Elim, Super Stock Modified, Pro Stockers have them mounted to a carb pan, and the front end fits over it. If you wanted to
    glass it on, mounting it underneath might be easier.

9. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks Jim, I e-mailed them this morning and they got back to me and sent the contact info to who I should send the pics to. So I sent Scott the pics and we'll see if they have any info on it. Mike

10. trksmth

trksmth

Cool that's what I'll do. Looks to be the easiest to cut it out and mount it to the underside for the best look after it's fitted.

I'll wait to see if S&W has any info on it.

Hope the I don't find out that they went a whole different way.

Thanks
    Mike

11. trksmth

trksmth

Scott from S&W got back to me and said, his dad and him don't know the car. But thinks that they may have bought the parts from them and put it together.

So another dead end. Mike:(:(

12. nhtc33d

nhtc33d
    from PA

Like these?? I got a set for sale!!:)

Attached Files:

13. CGkidd

CGkidd

I say leave the scoop. It has a real nice mid 60 look. Sorry to hear you had another dead end. Hopefully something turns up.

14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Snorkel scoops were popular from the early 70's to the late 80's. Don't think I've ever seen an authentic photo taken in the 60's of a snorkel scooped car. Cool '56, by the way.