Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the best thing you got for free

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cayager, Apr 25, 2012.

1. slammed

slammed

A set of Mickey Thompson 33x21.5 tires. And.......sex! Because I treated a couple of strippers like human beings. Gig-it-ty-!

2. Jason455

Jason455

A 79 elcamino complete 350 4-spd.

3. A complete 9" Ford rearend with a good track-lock & 3.55:1 gears... from Washington DC Craigslist.

4. JimSwann

JimSwann

Best thing I ever got for free was the help of 2 friends getting my 35 streetable, and helping me through a bunch crap life sometimes tosses you. Thanks Wally and Mr.Wallace, you guys rock.

5. 2010 mercedes c63 amg .... Won it
    new was 70 grand

6. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Just received it Saturday from Hamber (MANEST). It's a 1950 Studebaker Engine and Tranny. Thanks, Mario!!! I had to edit this thread. I worked on the stude motor today and found out it has been rebuilt. I'm stoked!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. von zipper

von zipper

How about a Airguide Tach from the early 60's brand new in the box! My friend was gonna toss it!

8. brandon

brandon

A pair of no window halibrands .....now trying to find the fiat aa/c dragster they came off of....same guy gave me a pair of front big windows off his pulling truck because remembered seeing them the only time they were on it...when i was 9...lol

9. 510madmav

510madmav

32 heavy axle from an old local hot rodder

10. wheel28

wheel28

The engine for my current project A 396 out of a 69 chevelle. It was one of those I'm moving but don't have a hoist come get it type of deal.

And also a craftsman radial arm saw. It seems like everyone gets one eventually!

11. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

A 67 Thunderbird Landau in about perfect condition. An elderly lady down the road from me was going to have it scrapped. All it needed to be show quality was a light scuff sanding on the original paint and a few coats of clearcoat.

I'd still have that car if I wasn't offered enough for it to cover my half of the credit card debt in the divorce settlement. I saw it as a way to get away from the bitch without even having to pay my share of the debt we (she) had accrued.

12. hinklejd

hinklejd
    from Fort Worth

I picked up a 4 speed Hurst Lightning Rods shifter from a '83 Hurst/Olds Cutlass just for helping a neighbor pack up their moving truck. I also mowed their lawn for two years, but the mowing was mostly because I couldn't stand to see the neighbor try to use a push mower with it completely full of oil to the top of the filler tube.

Past that, a mig welder and sandblaster from an uncle, and I took in a set of wheels as a favor for a former coworker that I ended up trading later for a Matco 1/2" impact and a bandsaw.

13. S.F.

S.F.

I thought your hot rod was amazing before I knew the story...but now I think its ten times cooler....

14. GDoug76

GDoug76

that is a nice ride I feel I should wash my hands looking at it

15. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

So far Ive got most of my hemi including the blower, (not including the injector) a muncie M20, a model A cab, front tires and wheels, and a 9" rear all for "free"....well no money changed hands and no one felt like they got screwed! I figured I would have done the work for free anyway so getting something in trade was the same as gettting it for free. :) It has taken me about 5 years to gather parts so far but my goal was to build a hot rod without spending any cash out of pocket...Im pretty darn close but Im gonna have to spend a little cash here and there if Im ever gonna finish this thing!

16. A guy at work gave me an old car body and fenders.

Attached Files:

17. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

18. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I shot of Patron from some Hells Angels.

19. PJKeally

PJKeally

Had a Young Guy come into Vinnies today said [I got something for You}I have been trying to find a Model Kit of Paddy Wagon for5 Years. In original box was complete Built Model Paddy Wagon Original monogram kit.I am going to build My 1934 Studebaker Truck as a My version Paddy Wagon,Was I Happy You Betcha Cheers Rebel Koolsville Downunder.

20. Gromit

Gromit

The sad thing is.. I can't decide which of those things are more awesome.

21. JOHNBILLUE

JOHNBILLUE
    from alto,ga.

A 1956 bel air pretty much restored.

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I was working after high school every afternoon at a gas station in 1967 and a guy came in and asked me if I wanted an old car. The next day he dragged in a '34 Ford 5W, no engine, hood or fenders, but an Olds rear end. It had been a drag car, had a roll bar, but no other interior parts, but, hey, what do ya want for free?
    I didn't know what to do with it, I already had a Model A panel, so I kept it behind the gas station for a few months. Then I gave it to a high school friend, but his dad wouldn't let him keep it, so we dragged it over to another guy's house.
    We couldn't give it away. Gawd knows we tried.....
    Geez, today, it would be worth at least $50.....:)

23. Nicest thing i ever got for free is my AR 28 RPU. but that was in the mid 70's when cars where plentiful.

Attached Files:

24. jazz1

jazz1

1965 B42 my neighbour gave me when he could not find a buyer and was concerned this gem would get crushed..I eventually sold it at a price where it would not see the crusher,,made myself some bucks and the new owner has now started collecting Macks,,he's up to 5 now

[​IMG]

25. 3step

3step

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

27. lucky ink

lucky ink

I got a black eye once for free.......

28. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

a kidney on 14 july 2011 and going perfect.many thanx

29. Smokey2

Smokey2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CLAPP..........!!
    (if you lik tha' Music .......) :(

30. amx180mph

amx180mph

When I was 15 I was building my first car a 1957 Fairlane 500. I needed some parts, a guy in town used to race stock cars with 57 Fords. I went to his house to ask how much for some parts I ended up with 11, 1957 Ford cars some complete some not, for free. My parents were cool with it so that is what started this addiction.