Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac is Dead... Who Cares, Right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRH, Apr 2, 2012.

1. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

I did a better mock up of the whole turbo system. The pic shows approx locations of the turbos, the intercoolers, the return tank for the intercooler water between the coolers (the pump is located under the tank), and the intercooler heat exchanger across the front. And the scoop with the inlet pipe showing where it will go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure you can make out the equipment thru the grill but that is what you will see looking at the front of the car. Mark L

2. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------
    Out-Effing-Ragous!!! I love it!!
    A couple of questions though.
    Wondering why you're running the
    original 3-speed-stick as opposed
    to a 4-speed? I know that as far as
    three-speeds go - the Ford-sourced
    Pontiac top-loader is about as tough
    as they come, but why not use
    an equally tough, but -'with
    one-extra-gear and better ratios' -
    Ford top-loader 4-speed?? (Or just
    for the strength maybe, even a
    Chrysler hemi-style 833 4-speed??)
    Also, considering the outrageous
    horsepower and torque this thing is
    gonna' be capable of producing,
    wouldn't an automatic be the way
    o go, as far as getting the car to
    hook up and and to not tear up
    drivetrain pieces?? I'm not questioning
    or criticizing what you're doing at all
    - I really dig it - but I'm just curious
    about your reasons for using the
    original H.D. 3-speed.

Mart3406
    =============

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

HUGE fan of REAL Pontiac cars, mainly 73-down. On a side note and I'm sincerely not trying to hijack the thread, I'm just letting everyone in the Chicagoland area who loves Pontiacs that a gathering is going on very soon for the http://www.fullsizepontiacs.com club, it's May 5th, details at the link. If this is inappropriate to post, PLEASE let me know, I'll gladly delete it, just letting fellow Pontiac fans now about a free show to start off the new cruising season....

4. sololobo

sololobo

I never met a Pontiac I didn't like!! ~sololobo~

5. COULDN'T AGREE MORE LARRY!

The following 2,... near automotive perfection...

How about a couple more of my OT in sketchy form...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

My first attempt at restoring a car. Just sold this car last September...

[​IMG]

Here is my project car that I will hopefully get to work on after I finish the Olds and my Model A Coupe. This '64 GTO was sold new just 7 miles from where I live now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my clunker '60 Ventura. It was dad's when I was ages 3 to 7(?) and I found it just 4 years ago. Man I like '60 full size Pontiacs!

[​IMG]

And here is my first car, which I bought from my dad when I was 19. He later bought it back, restored it, and after his passing I bought it from mom. I just finished painting and installing the Rally I's last summer. It is a 326 HO Le Mans convert, and no I would never clone this car into a GTO! My wife took this beautiful picture.

[​IMG]

7. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The early Super Stock years...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I loved Pontiacs my folks had a 1939 Pontiac 2 door. Straight 8,all black ,grab the Native American Chief under the chin and raise ,Wahalla ! the hood goes up. The first engine I rebuilt a 1955 Pontiac V-8 , came out of buddy's wrecked convertible, in 1958. Think 1955 was the first Pontiac V-8? The truth is Pontiac V-8s were being tested in 1951.GM decided not to make the V-8 engines available, fearing that it would hurt Buick sales. So they postponed it and released it the same year as the Chevy V-8 in 1955. I owned a 56 Pontiac. I eventually used the body on a Hobby Stock circle racecar chassis and ran a couple years a Bare Field Raceway. I had a very nice 58 Pontiac that I traded for the 56. I ran the 55 Pontiac engine in my 1940 Hudson Coupe with a 1939 Packard top shft tranny,for years as a daily driver and finally evolved it into a show car. It won trophies the 2 years I showed it at the local winter show. My Dad and my brother owned 1954 Pontiacs at the same time. Dad's was a StarChief with longtrunk and Bro's was a Chieftan , but they were the same colors white tops and SUN GOLD bodies. yeah and what all the others said. ''Rice Burners Forever" BAH !:mad:

9. My first brand new car was a Pontiac.

10. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody up for some Pontiac F/X and match race cars?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jdubbya

jdubbya

My father just purchased this 60 Catalina, although the wheels are frowned upon here, the car is a nice clean cruiser.... 389 2 barrel, with dealer installed AC.

Attached Files:

12. Pontiac Slam

Pontiac Slam

Long live Pontiac

Attached Files:

13. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

lose the wheels, put on some supremes and narrow whitewalls

14. 55yak

55yak

Your sentiments are mine exactly! What an era up to about 1968. I can still remember Hayden Proffit, Jim Christiansen, and Mickey Thompson and the Super Duty Catalinas and Tempests in 61 to 64 and the GTO of Arnie Beswick. Too bad the name is gone, but it won't be forgotten until all us "older" guys are gone.
    55yak

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)For the 1940 WORLDS FAIR the Fisher Body Company created the Pontiac Ghost Car.:cool::D:eek::eek:

Attached Files:

16. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Way back when they may of been good cars. I owned a new 2005, POS! No wonder they went under.

17. Grandma got a new bonnaville every other year. dad had a 56 starchief convert and trans am's. My 55.[​IMG]

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Now this is why I love the H.A.M.B.Thank you Ryan.May you live long and prosper.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. Normbc9

Normbc9

A '58 Bonnieville FI car just sold at auction for $148,000. so they may not be manufactured any more but like Olds, Mercury, Hudson and others the values increase yearly. Car investments are now far ahead of the interest one could collect off a savings account.
    Normbc9

20. [​IMG]

Here is my good friend, Glenn Gibbons standing his 64 Lemans "Pouncin' Poncho" A/FX'er with Hilborn injected 421 power.

[​IMG]

He will be taking on other makes in a month here in Phoenix at my 11th annual Nostalgic Show & GO! Sat night, May 4 and Sunday, May 5

www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

21. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    My father just purchased this 60 Catalina, although the wheels are frowned upon here, the car is a nice clean cruiser.... 389 2 barrel, with dealer installed AC.

keep the wheels. drive the thing and enjoy. another overlooked pontiac in my opinion anyway are the 69 to 72 gp's. while ot, those were some sharp looking cars.

22. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

my 67 Pontiac Sprint. Not the fastest car I've ever owned but was most fun with no breakdowns....

Attached Files:

23. jnr49

jnr49
    from australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

I care alot, so ill keep the pontiac alive here in australia with a full rebuild of my 49 rhd pontiac 2dr fastback

24. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

They failed due to poor business decisions .

25. Excuse the shitty old Polaroid, this one I bought wrecked and repaired and renewed everything from and including engine to end of tail pipes circa 1977.:rolleyes: I also had a '49, 55, 57, and a '68.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  26. sololobo

sololobo

I care, never met a Pontiac I didn't like!! ~sololobo~

27. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

I care, just 2 of my gto's from the past, I have had at least 15 Pontiacs over the years, these 2 were my fave's

Attached Files:

28. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

This Pontiac towed and powered FED showed up at the Hunert Car Heads Up a few years ago. 60 Pontiacs rank right up there as one of the best looking factory customs ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

GeneralMotors Holden in Australia,has just announced it will cease production in 2017,a sad day indeed !:mad: