Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NEWFISHER, Apr 24, 2012.

1. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

My wife and I bought a retail UPS store several years ago when the economy was good, now its just paying to keep her employed. I know what most of you are thinking " A UPS store! holy cats man , he must be rolling in the dough! " not so much, its the second largest Brand recognized across the globe behind Coca Cola and ahead of Harley Davidson, but when it comes to selling stamps and carboard boxes, well....not so much profit.

So I share with you my first shop truck-1962 c130 International flatbed. It's not a multi thousand dollar 4 link slammed, faux patina, injected and bagged whip, but a saved from a local metal scrapper/tweeker farm truck that I have invested a few bucks into making it safely and smoothly run and drive. Dolled it up with a new painted roof, side boards with classic signage including some weathered boxes, painted the steelies :) and just been scrubbing and cleaning on it. It's a blast to drive and I get as many thumbs up as I do on other high dollar cars I have ridden in. Total spent $1075 including purchase, paint and some carb kit, misc parts etc. The car in the last pics is my 55 wagon I just finished restoring.
    [​IMG]
    with a photoshopped logo on the door
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Both very, very cool rides. Fella you need to get in contact with UPS marketing. Sure there's a few $$$'s to be made with a location like that and your truck, make a great advert with the old locomotive. Might even be worth seeing if they'd pay you for running logos on your truck. Some nice 1 shot or a magnetic sign you could pull off. All extra funds for projects;)

3. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

4. Looking good. If i were you id have that logo painted on the truck.

5. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

I would LOVE to have the logo on the truck , but...Corporate UPS/mail boxes Etc. will absolutely not have it and has warned me about contract infringement already. At our small retail location we can not even have a neon "open" sign without stirring trouble. The logo in the first pic was plucked in photo shop from the sign overhead , warped and pasted on the door. still have to clean up the reflections, lines etc and then going to put the pic on canvas and hang it in the store. Will probobly get away with it until corporate comes by fo the once a month check up and asks us to take it down.

6. sololobo

sololobo

Very cool! Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~