Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 49 Cadillac chop and Sectioned. Gettin er done!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by resqd37Zep, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

Holee craaap, I am in a state of nervous anticipation to see this thing together....

2. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Had a small setback, one of the doors, (of course one that was already sectioned,) Passengers side,) came up missing. had to have been some of the people that "collected" a lot of scrap from the property here, must have decided that that "Old Door" was scrap also and off it went,
    Could not find a two door, door under $900 ( so had to build one out of the two doors on a side from a 4 door car.
    That door is together now so it is back in the frying pan with the project.

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I call those people "thieves."

4. morac41

morac41

Hi .. James.. Jason...Sorry to hear about the door....I know whats it's like to make a coupe door out of two sedan doors..a lot of work....have had to make two of them for my project.......sorry to see that it when to the scrapers ..especially when you had sectioned it already...not an easy job getting the hinges in line and gaps right ....keep up the excellent work.....Doug

Attached Files:

5. morac41

morac41

Hi James...Keep up the great work.....Jay you've really got your work cut out for you on that door....Doug

6. morac41

morac41

Hi James......Been very wet and cold here...havent done much in the last couple of weeks...working on the right door window frame and quarter panel......Doug

7. ausbuick

ausbuick

gday james,
    Do you keep your distance from jay when hes working on the door re-make.........
    good to see things are still cruzin along.
    cheers darren

8. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

Awesome job mate..<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)

9. Insert impressed comment here,.. :)

10. 54Caddy

54Caddy
    from Visalia,CA

Wow just seen this thread. Damn caddy is nice man. Like all the quality work being done. Was looking for info on the frame, Who built it for you looks great. Cant wait too start wrenching on my 54 again.

11. Orn

Orn

Nice work James. I want to see your 49 "IRL" :cool:

12. ausbuick

ausbuick

james do you cuddle your chassis at night
    cheers darren

13. morac41

morac41

Hi James ..Was looking at chassis jpg#18 engine mount..is it a solid mount you have gone for?? or has it neoprene inserts.....Doug

14. morac41

morac41

Hi James...I have made a similar system to mount my engine..using a very flat rubber mount off a small diesel engine .......Doug

15. morac41

morac41

Hi James....."Man" .... thats a big box section in them rails...but you'll need it with that big motor.......Doug

16. morac41

morac41

Hi James .. Great that it all worked out...Im useing the same set up....Doug

17. ausbuick

ausbuick

isn't the HAMB good hey james.......

18. sr808

sr808

Your car just keeps looking better.

19. farmer12

farmer12

Still looking good James!

20. morac41

morac41

Hi... James..Jason......still playing with my right door....lenghtened 10"..chopped the window frame 5" and lengthened ..... done both the inside garnish molds ..to suit the same...set up for electric window and solenoid door lock.....Doug

Attached Files:

21. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Doug, I know what it takes, lots of very careful work, I applaud you on your work.
    There is a little bit more work on these to go yet.

Add to what has been done so far, a change to a one piece door glass and suicide hinges. Plus the actuator release and power windows like yours.

ain't it fun? :D

22. Glad to see this one come back to life again...

23. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Hey Todd,
    Had an awful lot of work going on around the property, almost all done, just have to paint the Barn and I'll be done with all of it.... and then back on the Caddy full time.

24. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

25. farmer12

farmer12

I know you have put a lot of time and effort into this car and it's a shame you have to get rid of it. Good luck with selling the car James, someone's going to get a great, one of a kind custom.

26. morac41

morac41

Hi James...Thats great news....will be looking forward getting yourself resettled.....Doug

27. kennkat

kennkat

Very ambitious project.

28. Cool. I made a similar decision & don't regret keeping the car. Quite the opposite. You have a load of work in this car, more power to you.

29. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Good news glad you can keep it. I can't wait to see some progress when you get everything settled.

30. farmer12

farmer12

Good to hear you're keeping the car James!