Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ranchero Rules... LSRU. ASS Hauling---->

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Muttley

Muttley

I love that truck, err.....car, err.....whatever. Rancheros and El Caminos are the Mullets of the automotive world. The front end is outstanding.

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Tuck glad you and your sis made it home ok. Hopefully less eventful than the drive down. It was great getting to hang and the artwork this year was the bomb. Just watched Lil Bobby Bleed do a one man show at the Continental.........the road goes on forever and the party never ends. The only thing missing tonite was you brother. Will see you sooner than later I hope. Thanks again for everything buddy.

3. Taff

Taff

lovely truck/car! and is that a 58 grille fitted to it in one of the pics?

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'd put a plate on it that reads 'NOTAVAN'. Cuz, you know, it's not a van, right?

5. Tuck Love the Ranchero, I feel the same way about my F100 Nothing better than rolling into Home Depot and loading 40 bags of mulch into the back of an already low truck ha-ha Hey PM me please you might not have to wait on that base gun!!! Looks like your using PPS on that Iwata and for that there might be a reward!!!

6. I also love the Desoto Grill on there!

7. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Glad you made it home.... It was cool seeing you headed south on I-55 early Thursday morning. I knew where you were going and wished I was too. Thanks for taking us along.

8. Thanks for posting this Tuck, glad you made it back home, nice Ranchero man.

9. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Hey i just saw a wagon pop on here in the northwest, might want to look for it!

10. T Weed

T Weed

I'm pretty sure that 59 camper thingy is sitting out at French Lake Auto....

11. rustybones

rustybones

man love your 59 .i'm building one down under love the desoto grill killer stance too cheers chris

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Where the gas door is?

13. while thinking about it do you know if that bed insert is for your year only 59 mine is missing in my 58 ranchero actually its is a factory two piece i have not been able to locate anything decent...

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

good seein ya buddy

15. sololobo

sololobo

Love that truck pal, glad you got your tank patched up to go back. 59's are sick. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

16. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

Good adventure.

17. LordoftheDance

LordoftheDance
    from Fargo, ND

Keep on keepin' on, Tuck!!

Side note for you HAMBers....I got my handle from Tuck!

18. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

wow. that is a great road trip story, thanks for sharing... Glad that you made it home in one piece, there was never any doubt though, right? Hope we can catch up again soon.

Jeff

19. davidh73750

davidh73750

Ha I can relate. I had driven my 55 40 miles when I got it together and the first full tank of gas leaking from the sending unit. All I could do was jump in and haul ass. It did cut my mpg to nothing sloshing around leaking. LQ Oltorf after a few Lonestars I crawled underneath it with a quarter drive socket and some teflon and it is sealed up. Love these stories to and from shows or should I say "adventures".

20. Cool Ranch! I want another 59 Elky...or a 59 Ranch! Tried to buy satin white 59 ranch with green flaked roof awhile ago but couldn't get the cash in time. Wonder where it is now?

21. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Yeah man I can't wait to see your car come together! :) Its in good hands!

I'm glad I got to hang out with you for a while and catch up- Looking forward to doing something new- :) and I always appreciate the advice and help John- you're a ruler!

Yeah timmy- :) you should go to the drags this year!
    I love you man-
    On its way brother Jeem----------------------->
    Steve- thanks man- you guys always make us feel like were at home- straight up family... I appreciate everything you did for us, glad I got to come out and see your place. Man that golden rod is my fav.......... I wanted to take that thing for a rip down the road so bad... :) - can't wait to come back down.

Its a 57 desoto!

haha :p

It burned up but dude im gonna move it anyways- its going behind the backup light!

Its one piece and I believe its 59 only because they're about a foot longer than 57 and 58's...

My brotha!!! I love you man- hey I'm buying a flake gun from you- one of those shot gun's with the 3.0 tip? its on!

Hey little brother- dude it was fun- you and the girls RULE- you're the Coolest morman I KNOW, besides Jeff Decker! :) haha-

22. Glad you made it back safely. Thanks for sharing!

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

right now im thinking that my hot rod trip for the summer will be to Salina for the KKOA show in the 46 but you never know, things have a way of happening...

24. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

This has to be one of the nicest looking Rancheos and the fact that it is a true hauler makes it rock even more! what is the drivetrain Tuck?

25. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Thanks guys-

Its a older 302 mated to a C4
    everyone says I should leave it alone but I have been planning on putting a y-block and 3 speed overdrive in it and it will happen eventually. My sick and twisted dream is to put a 390 cadillac in it mated to the 3 speed via cragar adapter with a 4-2 cragar... that would RULE. It would be like a 3 step plan.

It has 3.70 gears which helps with the hauling part- right now I get like 20mpg with no load and like 14mpg hauling a model a like Jeffs.

I think I was getting like 9mpg with the hole in my tank! haha-

26. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

3 step plan, hahahaha yeah thats what it takes..

27. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Look we are Fresh Buddies now!

[​IMG]

PS: there is is no Fail in Kail [tm] (new slogan courtesy of Tuck)

Attached Files:

28. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I was really confused by this thing - "Jesus Shaves"? I'm like, no he doesn't, he has a beard! Then I read it again. Sheesh!