Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Custom Car builder Spotlight: AYALA BROTHERS

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I follow Rik on FB.

Hope to see the custom content on here kick back up.

2. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Rik,

There really is no progress to report on the status of the T-Bird other than to say that it is safe and sound and in indoor dry storage and being preserved. The focus right now is on getting the Pierson done, once that is complete, focus can get shifted to other projects.
    When the T-Bird is started it WILL be restored to the second and final version of the way that Gil had the car. Hope this bit of info helps. Jim

3. 'Mo

'Mo

It's nice to see the up-dated version of the Bob Lomax Chevy.
    Even though the changes are minor, I actually like it much better.
    Checking the other pics on your site, the new version shows the same color break between the front fender and driver's door as in the earlier article, leading me to believe that it was originally painted while apart, and not re-painted in the re-make.

The pics on your site of the up-dated Ayala T-Bird are likewise the first I've seen, which I also think is much improved. I hope the new hood is part of the restoration plan.

Thanks again for keeping Custom History alive!

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Ditto, and thanks for the update Jim.

5. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks for the update.

Good to hear the car will be restored to the second and final version. I like that one the best.

6. Rik as one who is not a facebooker I have to say thanks for posting this here as well. Love the flowing orgaic look of the Ayala's cars the best in my opinion.

Thanks for at least trying to keep the custom car flame going on the HAMB.

7. I had to drive down Olympic Blvd today and I was daydreaming about this truck pulling out of the shop driveway and on to Olympic.Long live the Ayala Brothers and I just LOVE this truck.

8. It's interesting that it looks as though the engine was left stock on this given the single tailpipe. Would have been cool if they had hopped it up as they were so prone to do with their cars.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think the chrome script signs on the front and rear were very innovative and effective. The flames still suck, though.

10. LOL. I think they are one of those things where they are so bad that it makes them kind of cool.

11. Those flames dominate.

12. I would bet the tailights on this truck were the stock ones from Louie's Mercury.Well maybe they were Wallys. :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Jeff,
    That's a cool scenario, it would be a cool little tidbit if someone was still around to confirm it !

14. ChefMike

ChefMike

what a great thread !!!!

15. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Hey Jeff, Look at these little guys I just got in the mail.

Attached Files:

16. Jim ... very nice:D:D. Im ready to hop on a plane.

17. [​IMG]
    Any news on this piece of history ?

18. I guess not ^^.

19. What a sight it must of been to see this car out on the lakebed.

20. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Jeff, I've wondered the status of this roadster also. I was hoping that the new owner would have kept us updated. It's an incredible piece of history.

21. Ya ...that 1946 timing tag for this roadster is so early.

22. kustom53chevy

kustom53chevy
    from Glendale

i want to know if there is any book on making a carson top.or is there anyone that can help me out i have a 1953 chevy club coupe that i want to put a carson top on thanks

23. banditomerc

banditomerc

Check out Riksters site,he has all that info.

24. Let's keep this thread about the Ayalas. :) But at least you brought the thread up.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  25. [​IMG]
    Well just wanted to throw up a gorgeous sled for this humpday.I have been reading about Wally lately and im always reading about the Ayalas and this car just keeps popping up in my thoughts.I think this car is one of the most simple gorgeous and well proportioned convt. customs that has ever been built.I think the stance is so perfect on this car it truly makes it flow like the ass end of a early Chris-Craft.Also... I wish we knew more about this car as far as under the hood goes,since we have seen Wally raced it at the dragstrip in some photos.

We all know the Ayalas don't get talked about that much in custom circles but I think this car really doesn't get looked at by anyone except for the core Ayala fans.I wonder why owners of these type cars don't aim for a sled like this to be their finished product? This Ford is simply beautiful .

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

Anyone have a picture with top on,so we can see the flow...

27. This car looks so good as is,I don't think I would ever run the top.I think the flow is in the body and the stance.I mean...I would run the roof if I had to because of the weather and if it was my only car.

28. [​IMG]
    Wally's car with the top on.Also showing the rewards of driving a classy custom with his babe hooked to his arm.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  29. Rikster

Rikster

Jeff... here is a photo of Wally's engine he had in his 1941 Ford.
    Photo from the Wally Welch Collection.

[​IMG]

30. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]