Register now to get rid of these ads!

1927 T Eddie's Chop Shop Style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Well I don't post much anymore, alot of what I am doing is not 100% hamb appropriate. And neither is this, however some of you may like it sooooo.

Okay there was some interest in this car, which made it into another thread over on dogfight. So here's the story. One of my friends/customers took his model a to Pinkies in Colorado to have a frame built. When he was dropping it off he saw this T at their shop. It was for sale as a roller/body. Pinkies had put a blown hemi in it and had shown it a few times (I beilieve) as a project, so some of you may have seen it around.

Tom (the owner) got introduced to me after he bought the car and brought it back to California. Tom had the idea for the edsel grrille and he knew he wanted to have the six in it. Beyond that he was pretty open but wanted something different. I was instantly excited about it and quickly starting talking blowers and efi of course. Because I think everything should have boost! Tom is a great customer and really let me just run with the car at that point, so what you see is a semi "traditional" style with some of my own personal taste thrown in.

I ended up stretching the frame to make room for the six, built the custom grille/radiator surround. Pretty much everything visible was built in house buy me and my guy Nick.

The manifold is my own design. Its a large open plenum style with a removable lid. The lid was made removable to be able to make changes inside the plenum if ever needed and also so I could send it out to have some script cnc'd into it once it was done. The injectors are hidden into little pods with a stainless fuel rail built to look more like mechanical injection. All the wiring is run through what looks to be a brace so very few people will ever realize its efi.

We also built the gas tank/ floor, pedals, shifter, column, blah blah blah.

2. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice piece but somebody got crazy with a set of hole saws.

4. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Eddie, you'r over the top..
    So creative..
    Duane..
    Maybe see you Sunday at the Swap Meet..

5. Awesome!!!!!

6. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Hi Eddie...........Kool,KOOL. I love your out of the box creativity and exceptional quality. When you showed me the photo of the grille at Autorama I wondered what the rest of the car might look like. Glad you found a customer that gives you the reins. You have a lot of talent and as I age I will be looking to see more of your great fabrication work.

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hey Duane, hope your doing good. I won't be at the swap meet too far behind in the shop but sell lots of stuff!

Hi Jerry, thanks for the compliments. My stuff is always hit and miss on the hamb but I haven't pissed anyone off lately so I thought I'd rub some people wrong over here. Keep me in mind when you come up this way.

8. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

theres a really nice green metalflake t custome on "youtube" with the edsel grill in it, its been on there for quite sometime,
    cool idea just not a new one

9. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

No its not, just like most everything else.

10. the craftsman ship and the car are over the top. eddie you rock it buddy. might not be hamb friendly but no way anybody can disagree it's a nice car.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

WOWOWOWOW. Gary

12. mdcolby

mdcolby

WOW! Very nice work! Cant wait to see it finished!

13. olds79

olds79

It is a cool work. I will see more of them!

14. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

hey man, whats happening with you?

15. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

I think it's great! Most people drill hole in it because it looks cool but you're actually losing weight with as many as you've drilled! I dig it for sure! The grill shell looks good too.

16. oj

oj

Do you ever have any holes left over?
    Nice work, i love creativity. I see the metalshaping that is overshadowed by the holeishness, there really is a lot of nice work in there and i appreciate it.

17. I am good man. Staying busy working and getting my car ready for santa maria. You?

18. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Eddie, As usual your work is creative and original. Making everything yourself is what makes it special. I need to drop by and check it out in person. Nice work!!!

19. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is some seriuos shit right there.

21. Royal you should come up and check it out. Eddie is a good dude

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I would love to do that some time? Was just in your hood a couple months ago in Roseville to buy a C5 Corvette.

23. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

That is seriously kick ass. Love it.

24. Mid-life crisis? Lol

25. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

hey guys, thanks for all the compliments. Look for it at midnight mass this year, it will be in the Eddie's Chop Shop booth!

Bruce, your always welcome. Any body else as well, I'm in the shop 7 days a week. Trying to get my 37 on the road soon.

26. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

27. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

28. I'm a fan! Nothing in HAMB about that build to me.