Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey! Phoenix H.A.M.B.ers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Bump.... so we're going to the wineburger place?

2. Beat me to it Nick. I was just thinking we should put this back up top. I gotta ask, what's the deal with a "wineburger"? Anything unique, or, just a catchy name?

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I dunno about this whole wineburger deal, but if Chip and those guys say its good, it'll be good.
    I'm cutting it close on all four projects this week...I expected to get ahead today, but was set back about a month. Brian's clutch still isn't here, the mini-bike is(still) in pieces, my truck has no seatbelts or dash, and the cam for the dragster is traveling 1500 miles. Looks like I'm in for a hot-rodders Hell week before the races this weekend. Let's git it on!!!:cool:

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Lets do Harvey's Wineburger on 16th st just south of Camelback at 6:30 or 7:00. what say you guys on time?

5. Ha! I was just coming in here to bump this. I'm cool with whatever time, as I am now FREE! No more work for me until I get home.

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Hey guys,

I am new to the Phoenix area.......so I thought I would bring my '36 roadster over to the this little get together and meet a few fellow hotrodders.

I am way up north in Cave Creek, so where the hell is this place we are meeting at tomorrow?

Tex

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Actually, you have to exit Colter as there is no exit at Camelback. Just exit right on Colter, left on 16th street, continue south past Camelback and look to the right. It's about a half block south.

Now, to answer Bodi's question as to what is a wine burger... It's heaven on a bun! Their Superburger is a full half pound of beef with the cheese lovingly nestled inside the meat then grilled and continously doused with red wine. Must be a Arizona thing, or at least a west coast kinda deal 'cause I haven't run into it anywhere else. Absolutely one of my favorite burgers in town, served in that true to form old fashioned dive bar type vibe that started this whole deal last month. Maybe next month George and Dragon?

8. Good thing you've got this, don't listen to Bodi the PHX noob!:p

Wineburger eh? Certainly sounds different, but, hey I'm game for anything.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Let's call it 7:00 pm guys!

10. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

7pm works better for me, lets the traffic die off.....

Are we going to try and park the hot rods together or this a soccer mom strip mall type of place with scattered parking?

Tex

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Na, it's an old bar with parking out front and some at the car wash next door. We'll figure it out!

12. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm slammed at work this week getting ready for SWND. I'll give Chip a call when we're "done" and see if you guys are still hangin' around.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

GUYS... I have just made one of the larger miscalculations in my life... About a half hour ago, The increadible miss Judy rolled over, blinked one of those almond eyes and said "Happy anaversally"... I knew something was bugging me about this date, but couldn't put my finger on it. Now, I have been accused of having the sensitivity of a sled dog, but I can't ask her to go to Harvey's tonight... That would be bad! Real bad!!! It would mean several years of being yelled at in both Chinese and English, and possibly languages that I don't know even exist. I mean she DOES speak Korean and Japanese as well, and it could possibly be all at the same time.

Here is the deal, I know everybody is out there working and this is a bit last minute, but how about moving this deal to next week? If not, go tonight and lets do it again next week? I simply screwed up the one thing that I was NOT supposed to screw up! Sorry guys...

I think before she become fully concious I'll slip out to Safeway ad peruse their card selection... Pray for me boys!!!

EDIT: Ha! My 5000th post and I'm in trouble!

14. Happy Anaversally Chip! You are in my prayers. :)

I think I'll go get a burger without you. I've only got a few days left, and, by design, don't have much food in the cupboards.:p This will make for one fewer time I'll have to carry that CT70 up a flight of stairs. Good luck on the card hunting!

15. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

I can make it tonight and next week too. I should be there by 7:00, in the DD. The brakes on the truck are trying my patience. Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Chip!! Trader Joes has really nice, cheap flowers...

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I am still planning on getting there about 7pm, look for my yellow '36 roadster.

Tex

17. See you guys there at 7.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well guys, if it gets any "cool guy" points back for me, I DID suggest harvey's to her for dinner tonight! ...And we'll be going to "Sanctuary" for the evenings celebration! If you have never taken your female of choice there, don't. Increadibly cool, way to expensive, and she'll want to go time and again...

19. Nice try Chip.:D I'll be kicking around the rest of the week just looking for truck parts, let me know if you need someone to hold any benches down. If not, see you Saturday. After the Nostalgia Drags you going to be going to Cruisin' Central? You lucked out on it being rescheduled. I had a great time last Saturday considering it was a "cancelled" event.

20. 58apache

58apache

I'm in Phoenix right now. I think I'll roll my new 61 ranchero up there and pick some brains for ideas! How many folks are coming?

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, I just posted on your lowering thread. I can't go tonight and last time around was our first deal of this sort but we ended up with 7 or 8 of us at the joint we went to. If you are in the down town area today or tomorrow, you are welcome to stop by my shop and take a look at the my girls Falcon wagon that I've just reacently dropped for ideas. Give me a yell @ 602 881 0175.

22. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

So,,,7 Pm tonight at Harveys??? I may be able to make it.

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm still in for tonight when we're done workin on these hot rods and I'm sure I can do next week too..

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's the plan at this point! i could probably use some help pulling the body off of the black coupe on Sunday if your still here by then.

25. endlessearth

endlessearth

you can't be too far from my house. I am North Scottsdale and Dixiletta.

26. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Well, I was on my way to Wineburger last night in the roadster and about 5 miles from my house I lost high gear in the Powerglide, so I had to turn around and head home.

I am dropping the pan today and do another service on the transmission, I had problem with the tranny fluid turning into chucks of a slimey waxy substance which is causing the tranny to down shift at highway speeds ( very scary).

Hopefully this fixes it.

When is the next event in town?

Crusin Central?

Attached Files:

27. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I am at Dynamite and Cave Creek Rd, so we are close......Wana caravan down to the next event?

28. Nostalgia Drags are tomorrow at Speed World out Grand Ave (hwy 60), and then after that I think Cruisin Central will be pretty hopping.

Hope you get your 'Glide all figured out.:(

29. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

If the Glide starts behavin after this next service, then I will plan to be at Crusin Central.

If you see my roadster, holler at me.

Tex