Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Steve Mcqueen fans here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cobrajet, Nov 21, 2009.

1. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Hell yes. I was just watching The Thomas Crown Affair a couple nights ago. He was cool beyond cool.
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this but those mug shots are probably from the time he took the cops in Anchorage on a wild chase. Those old cops still hate his ass up there, he made them look like fools in their own town.

2. Funny about Thomas Crown affair, did anybody else notice the Hot rod standing behind the station wagon when it was stolen outside Woolworths?

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I am late to this party, but have been a McQueen fan for a very long time.

Ray

4. It's stolen by the guys in the Hot Rod! Did you notice that the high beams on both the '67 Country Squire and Steve's Rolls are Lucas Flamethrowers?

5. M1Lover

M1Lover

One of my all-time heroes. Made me want to ride a motorcycles - BAD.
    Here's to the MAN. H

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. Sorry I mentioned it,,

7. jimvette59

jimvette59

I wonder what happened to his collection ?

8. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Steve mcqueen is the man!

9. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I think it was auctioned off.

10. Jeez chill dude.

Attached Files:

11. That’s the one!

It’s just a few seconds in the movie, great work.

Thanks Stu

12. No sweat, just go to http://www.imcdb.org/

search the movie name and there you go.

It's funny but the Hot Rodders are hired by Faye Dunaway's character to steal the Ford wagon. Hot Rodders getting sterotyped again ;)!

13. big bad john

big bad john

....Cool beyond cool......born to ride a bike...

14. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he played the nazi who wouldn't jump the fence in " the great escape." film company wouldn't let him do the mcqueen part--that was a stunt double.

15. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

I just finished reading Mcqueen's Machines. Great book. Recommended reading for everyone.
    Bob,

16. vettes2

vettes2
    from OKC, OK

March 18th Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain, Derek Bell relates a story of filming LeMans in 1970.

After several runs through a particular section of the course, the director(Surtees) sent them around again for more angles. The drivers came through the White House bridge tunnel opening and there was a cameraman in the middle of the road on the white line.

After the segment driver Joe Sippert commented on how bad it was that a cameraman was in the road and that was really dangerous, because they had not been aware he would be there. The Director said they had not OK'd anything like that. Just then McQueen rides up on his Husqvarna and wonders what is going on, after being summoned on the radio.

Through the White House tunnel with Bell in the 512 Ferrari and Joe Sippert following behind nearly ran over the camera man at 140 mph. Steve said he gave permission to do it. HE was the cameraman in the road. To get the ultimate shot!

http://www.speedtv.com/video/wind-tunnel/wind-tunnel-derek-bell-march-19th-1518008120001/1#_vtop

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  17. S.F.

S.F.

Im not sure if I posted on this thread or not...but he was cooler than Elvis, James Dean, and Johnny Cash combined. he was the radest dude that ever lived

18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I always admired Steve McQueen because he took chances riding and racing cars and dirt bikes, even entering events under a false name when the studio forbid him from racing while filming.
    Malcolm Smith told stories of McQueen and him running desert events together back in the 70's and how Steve would wear dark glasses and fake beards to sign into events. I think acting was just a means to support his true love of cars and bikes.

20. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

OH YES !!! big fan here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

McQueen was cool..........

22. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

It might have been posted already but his son is on the HAMB.He can say who he is if he wants anyone to know.

23. Bounder

Bounder

Scrap metal you got it Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood and John Wayne ... enough said.

24. One of his bikes in my friends collection.

Attached Files:

25. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

June 2nd will be the Steve Mcqueen car show at the Boys Republic in Chino Hills,CA

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I got my copy yesterday. Very good info on his some of the more "important" cars. I'm saving the chapter on LeMans for undistracted reading this eve. As an Army SP5 I was lucky enough to be at the race in 1970 - me and 300,00 others - and with my new Alfa, ta boot. But it was hard to follow the Solar Production cars in the race, given their irregular runs in the event. Naturally, the movie is my #1 favorite car flick. Gary

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  27. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Yup,_____ Check out my signature.

28. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

No further explanation required...

Attached Files:

29. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Norton

Attached Files:

30. Steve was a hell of a dirt bike rider also...I grew up in central calif. we rode alot in a place called La Panza and Pozo. Ran into him and Malcom Smith all the time on the trails, they were fast, loved trying to keep up with them, it was a challenge for sure....Nice guy for sure, no big head. Was lots of fun back then....Ted McClure
    [email protected]