Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My "Survivor" 30 Ford Tudor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bull, Jun 15, 2009.

1. So about the top...you can unsnap it for an open top?

2. Bull

Bull

Yessir!

3. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

4. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

So are you implying that I wear clothes not worthy of the ride ??? :)

5. I like it!

6. Bull

Bull

Your oil soaked pants and shirt would certainly leave an impression . . . :p

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I am very fuckin proud to say that I,ve met you both you guys are why our hobby will never have a thing to worry about! you guy are the stuff!!!

8. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

I would have to say that this car was one of the best looking cars at GSTA this year.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

That's an awesome Model A.

10. Bull

Bull

Thanks Gordy. That's a major compliment. I live and breathe this stuff - even with my job. And Titus is the same way.

Thanks. That means a lot considering how many great cars are in that show.

11. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Turned out really cool!

12. Bull

Bull

I took the car to a MN Street Rod Association event last weekend. About a 110-125 mile round-trip run on a very hot, humid day, but the flatty ran excellent and the trip down plenty of two-lane country roads with a line of good friends following made for an awesome day.

To top off an already great day, I was approached by the MSRA at the end of the day . . . my Tudor had been nominated for MSRA Street Rod of the Year by the MSRA members at the event. This is an incredible honor as only 12 cars are selected during the course of the season to compete for this award. There were LOTS of amazing cars at this show. Some of which were very high dollar street rods trailered in just to compete for the nomination. The fact that my little 50's traditional Model A was selected is just amazing to me. I doubt that I stand a chance to be voted for the big award at the end of the year, but just to be nominated has me pretty damn proud!

Titus, stichbitch, Wright County Collision . . . and lots of friends and family have helped me realize a 23 year dream . . . and I just can't possibly thank them all enough. What a ride! :)

13. cool man! It really is neat ride.

14. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Sweet! , Nice Ride .

15. Bull

Bull

Just put the nomination decal on the car tonight. I'll I could say when I stepped back was, "No way." Still can't believe it! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Bull

Bull

And the icing on the cake . . .
    [​IMG]

The car was shot by Chadly Johnson back in April. I found out last week that it made the back cover of issue #31 of Traditional Rod & Kulture! I still haven't gotten my copy, but I'm choked up and sort of at a loss for words really. Guys twice my age who have built bitchin hot rods their whole lives don't get accolades like this. I feel so honored and thankful right now. Thanks again to the very special people who have made this dream of over 20 years a reality for me. Titus & crew at East Side Speed Shop, Stichbitch at Upholstery by Stichbitch, my dad at Wright County Collision, and the countless friends and family members who supported my dream, I love you all!

17. myktrans

myktrans

awesome.... just awesome....... :-D

18. skoh73

skoh73

Sweet! You've put in a ton of time and effort on this ride- enjoy the admiration it is getting. Well done.

19. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Congratulations... The

20. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Congratulations... The only way it could be any better was if it was the April edition!

21. Bull

Bull

Thanks guys. We've been battling a few pesky issues that have kept me from driving the car as much as I'd like this summer, but I'm happy to say I put on a bunch of miles last night and drove her into work this morning. Can't wait til 5:00 to drive home!

Looking forward to the Bull Bash this weekend too!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731832

22. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

23. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

Congrats on the coverage. That car has the look for sure and the honor is well deserved.

24. Bull

Bull

25. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

Great read, thanks for sharing!

26. hickatron

hickatron

where did you pick up that shift knob?

27. Bull

Bull

Found it at an antique shop in the middle of Nowheresville, Wisconsin on a trip with my wife. I saw it and fell in love with it way back in the very preliminary stage of the build. My wife bought it for me. I'd like to think some old hot rodder had it on his pride & joy back in the day.

28. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

dont know how i missed this build, but it was great ! cool car, even better story!
    i have a knob just like that only red & white, they look cool. fantastic car, thanks for sharing
    goatboy

29. hickatron

hickatron

I ask because Im thinking I saw that particular shift knob on american pickers.