Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chassis Research style dragster/Comp Coupe build flathead powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dragsled, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Don't forget the hoop over the pedal .........

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl I just got it today ,so I had to go out and test fit it, There is a side piece on the pedal I can mount the foot hoop to, Funny you mention that , many moons ago on my first dragster ,that was one of the things the tech guy nailed me on:(, Still let me run the car that day but had to have it all up to snuff the next time out,:D

3. Ha! I feel like an idiot. How long has this link been in your sig. and I just found it. One of the best threads here. Dragster, Flatheads and dogs! I had Kathy come in here and check out your Huskies, she said bring the car to Eagle and let the dogs pull you down the track! lol

Good job! Hope you're healed up and get to work.

4. better late than never Tim........

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Looking good Tim!

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

HA HA If I hooked them up to the dragster we'd proablly take out the tree, My Friend carol calls dogsleding a contact sport ,the hounds run you into trees, branchs, rocks and anything else in there way ,She swears they do it on purpose, Tim Jones

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Got the rear cut and fitted for the axles, We made our own rearend narrowing alinement fixture , it's a solid shaft ran through two bungs mounted in the third member and two bungs mounted in the axle bearing seats, side it all together to line it up, tack it together, check to make sure the alinement shaft sides freely, No binding, then weld the ends together

Attached Files:

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Me inspecting my bird shit welds, Yukon checking out the rear , rearend mounted back in the chassis

Attached Files:

9. Well that looks stout enough Tim, good job.........

10. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Chugging right a long! Looks great!

11. kisam

kisam

Looking good Tim! I'm hoping to get started on mine soon!

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks everyone ,Good to be back at it again, Doctor bills slowed the parts buying down a bit, but still plenty of hardware to make and keep me busy.

13. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Looks like its gonna be a good time Tim.

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Robert, not much going on ,Ordered a set of steel wheels from Speedway for the rear , dumb ass me ordered the wrong bolt pattern, and of course the one's I need were out of stock, did some trading with rustybuckets on here, got some stromberg stuff comming, Gary ,Straightaxle65 on here was working in the area so he stopped by a couple weeks ago , of course I put him to work helping me put the funny car body on the chassis, But on a sad note my boy Yukon was hit and killed last tues while we were out for a walk as we crossed the road by the house, this piece of shit never slowed down or stopped,my buddy died while I was carrring him up to the house, Being a dog guy this is like loseing one of my kids

Attached Files:

15. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

People can be assholes and have no respect for anything anymore. There's a special place in hell for that piece of shit.
    Real Sorry to hear about Yukon at least you were with him when he passed. I have 4 and I would take them over just about anyone these days...

16. Oh shit sorry to hear this Tim. Anyone who would just keep on driving is an ass and then some. Hope karma kicks his ass.

17. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Finally getting someting done not much but it's a start , Got a Scott topped carb for the slug motor , not sure if it will make a diffrence on running but it looks good, made a new brake handle , had a junk chainsaw at work, so saved the piston and rod and our welder garrett put it on the top, plus mike Wagner at Cornfield Customs in Ohio has the new roll cage update all bent up for me, now just have to get it here and get it all put together, Also got a new husky from a friend of mine, his name is buddy and he's about 6 months old, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

18. Buddy looks good, will keep you in stitches, Scott tops look great would like to have a set of four for the new engine someday. Not sure about the shift lever, as as gimpy as I am I would cut myself on it.......Now you have no reason nopt to keep on truckin!!!! .................

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  19. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Looks like a good time Tim. Contests on buddy too.

20. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

It was supposed to say congrats in buddy... I hit the send button too soon haha. Stay well and keep having fun with the build. That's what it's all about.
    Robert

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl and Robert , When I read your first post Robert I figured you ment the contest between me and Buddy to see who was gonna wear who out first, So far Buddys wearing me out,:( I think he thinks his new name is NO! or KNOCK IT OFF!!:D Tim Jones

22. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

That's hilarious!! I almost peed myself reading that cause I have a "NO" and a "STOP IT" and a "ARE YOU SERIOUS" at home...hahaha!

23. That's hilarious!! I almost peed myself reading that cause I have a "NO" and a "STOP IT" and a "ARE YOU SERIOUS" at home...hahaha!

yea so do I but we have been married for a long time............<!-- / message -->

24. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Hey Tim, just checking in to see how things are going. Hope you and buddy are well.
    Glad the post brought a smile :)
    Robert

25. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

While I'm waiting for the rollcage update pieces to get here, I've been turning my flatbed ford truck into a dragster hauler , we tore down one of the buildings at work last winter and I saved some of the 4x4 metal to use for my bed runners, all that's left is to add some more braces, deck it ,build some ramps and add the winch and she's ready to go,,might have to find a fifties cab for it,:D Made a belly pan for the dragster today also after work, need to get some thinner Alum for the upper body panels, and last but not least pics of Buddy and Addy,

Attached Files:

26. Right Tim! I dig the ramp truck!!

27. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Guys, Had to do alittle adjusting on the drivers area belly pan hears the finished piece Got the deck welded on the ramp truck but shorted a wire out on the way to work monday with it , narrowed it down to the glow plug start relay , OH well live goes on

Attached Files:

28. Old28

Old28

Tim, I read through your complete build thread last night and that is is one fine looking ride. Those extra cage top bars drawings are the best I have seen for that chassis. I love the front axle and top mount spring. With your tools you should be able to knock out some small alum spacers for the spindles, they should work great. I'll be watching your progress.

Good building, Tom Welch

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Tim, just getting back to normal since our event and sorry to read about Yukon...........hard losing a family member. I'll be checking in more regularly and watching progress and remeber to let me know if ya need any of those aircraft fastners I have. Rocky