Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lone Star Round Up 2012 as a First-Timer.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasSpeed, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey thanks for stopping by the ACME booth. I feel a bit of as heel because you typed your HAMB handle and that you were deaf then showed me showed me on your phone and then moments later walked away. It was only after you left that I realized I could have done the same on my phone and had a conversation with you. Cynthia told me that you came back and bought a shirt while I was out scouring the swap meet (THANKS!) later on..

So again, thanks for saying hi. Next time we can talk...as long as you are patient with my terrible phone typing skills.

I have to say that your's is the best LSRU picture thread I have seen. I did not get out to see many of the cars (Texans were very busy buying shirts and art this year) so it it like seeing the show while sitting at my computer. One of my favorite shots is the one of Ryan with his "art face" while stamping alliance tags. Classic.

2. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

That's pretty good footage...thank's!

3. Really nice coverage, and for the record I've worked across the isle at work for the past 10 years from a hearing impaired guy, okay deaf. He's my secret weapon when I want to know what the boss is saying 50 feet away. Keep the photos coming if you have more, makes me almost feel like I was there. Great job.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  4. striper

striper

Great selection of cars. Not the usual choices...Thanks.

I see you are a fan of 2 door sedans.

5. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Nice coverage, Thanx for posting! Lotta sweet stuff there, gotta make it down one day! ...lived in Austin for a short while when I was a little tyke, only thing I remember is a restaurant named The Nighthawk, it had a big neon sign with a hawk that flapped its wings, ...haven't been back since.

6. Original57

Original57

Isn't this Jimmie Vaughan's old car?
    [​IMG]

7. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Brilliant coverage, thanks.

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Super pictures ! Thanks for sharing !

9. kisam

kisam

Wow, great pic's. You really have a talent! Sorry I didn't get to meet you! There were a lot I didn't get to meet, due to brain overload. A lot of times, I get home and realize I was standing next to "so and so". Next time we will go for a ride!

10. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

Thanks for posting. Gotta add the LSRU to my bucket list.

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Here ya go, also a very nice car.

Attached Files:

12. Great pictures, Best LSRU pic thread yet.

13. slammed

slammed

Absolute keen eye on the selection of rides. Good commentary. A blueprint for covering traditional inspired (w/out being gaudy) cars and trucks. Bravo, Tex.

14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for showing the pictures.

15. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks everyone!

"Bad boys.. Bad boys.. Whatcha gonna do.. Whatcha gonna do..":D

No problem! I'm actually pretty patient with slow-texters. This was only the ice-breaker, right, John? ;)

Really.. Haha. I'm not that great a lip-reader. Each person is different than the last. I have a few more.. I need to go back through what I have and see if I left any out then I'll put them all up on here.

Yep. I like 4-doors as well.. I drive one. ;) I liked Kail's 4-door and the two-tone 4-door at the ASS party. All the more room for your buddies to jump in the back and go!

Not sure. :confused:

I know what you mean.. This was my first time so it was a lot for me to take in too. No worries, there's always next time!

Yes! That's the one that Darrell traded for. Very nice ride.

16. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Matt, I just re-read this entire thread and I am certain it is the best LSRU one now. Excellent coverage. You should ride along with me next year and document the trip that way my thread would be as good as this.

See you down the road.

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks John.. I would love to! Good reason to hone my camera skills. ;) See you around, bud.

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great coverage of the LSRU. between you and Chris, i'd say you got it locked up.

i'd love to go sometime.

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks, man! You definitely need to come one of these days.. It was so much fun.

20. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Great photos, wish I had made it. Next year for sure

21. Tommy R

Tommy R

Great thread, man. Love the pics you took! I also got to meet Ryan (finally) this year and Brian Bass is a class act, for sure (in addition to being ridiculously talented!). If you have more pics, keep 'em comin'!

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hey man, I'm glad I met ya at the party! I hope you come down for some other Austin stuff. The revolution is a pretty good one.

We need to get everyone to wear big dumb "Hi, my name is" stickers with their Hamb name. There was a lot of "Hi. Oh wait..yeah..Hey Man!" Goin on...

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

See you there then!

Will do.. I have a few outtakes and a few ones I overlooked. Keep your eyes peeled!

Yeah! I saw you at the show but didn't realize you were Dreddy until at the party when Chris introduced me. Maybe we should all bug Ryan to make official HAMB name tags that we can buy to pin on our shirts so we can all be like them street rodders. :)

24. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

Best pictures I have seen of the LSRU. I am curious coming from a family with deafness and deaf educators in my family tree. Are you deaf from birth? Reason I ask is because my Great Grandfather was deaf from the age of 10 and he could speak, he lived to be 105 so I got to meet him and talk with him. Hopefully I will get to meet you someday and talk with you about cars. Again love your pictures.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

By far the best pictures I have seen so far! 'Course, ya did show a picture of Elpolacko's and my booth down the hill - but ya didn't stop and say "hi"!! It sucked missing the meet and greet, but I was there to work and that's when the world needed to talk about louvers... Oh well, next year! And I'll brush up on my texting skills before then too, sounds like slick way to go.

26. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Great coverage. Bummed that I missed the meet and greet...again!

27. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yeah. I was born deaf.. There's no traces of it being in either side of the family. It just happened. I don't mind, all the more of a challenge to rise above. I'm not too skilled with talking with my voice so I just use my phone. Haha. IPhone batteries don't last long enough. :rolleyes: Hope to meet you some day as well.

Yeah, man. You guys were pretty busy.. Every time I walked by, there would be someone talking to you guys. It's all good, I'm sure I'll run into you at some point!

Brush up on your texting for sure. :)

28. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Wow Matt...not much to say that already hasn't been said about the quality of coverage here...I'm already beginning to formulate a plan for my new car (Chopped top and Cadillac Quarters)...but right know I'm just going to enjoy it a while and take a break from building and painting things....

29. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yep I'll sure miss her! Can't wait to see it chopped. I just didn't have the heart or(balls) to do it. I fell in love with Daryl's truck Friday at the show and shot him an offer. Bye bye sweetheart!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1334677938.811544.jpg
    Hello honey!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1334677998.358548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

30. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Excellent coverage. Thanks.