Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swear I didn't put her up to this.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gwinn2932, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Gwinn2932

Gwinn2932

Just went out to the shop to take a few parts off of an engine for a guy and my daughter started digging stuff out of my toolbox and said she had to work on her old tricycle. I had to get a picture of it. Her tricycle is HAMB friendly if anyone is wondering. Its from the thirties.

Attached Files:

2. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

That is Killer. Good job

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Starting her out young! :D By the time she's old enough to drive, she'll probably have done built her own car!:D

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Very cool ,,,,My girls are 9 and I cant wait to teach them If there interested.....Right now the attention span they have is short...Cool picture

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmm, the HotRod force is strong with this one.......

Doc.

6. Looks like the perfect new wallpaper for your computer.
    I hope you can keep her interested.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

[​IMG]

8. mickeyc

mickeyc

I think you did put here up to it just by the enviroment she is surrounded by. That photo reminds me of my granddaughter who also likes to grab tools and help her Daddy. They appear to be about the same age (3?)
    Really cool picture!

9. skoh73

skoh73

10. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Very Cool, you go girl!!!!!

11. Aint daughters great!!! 27 years ago when I was out in the shop workin on some old Harley,I would set my daughter down ( she was 5 or so)in the middle of the garage floor ( Wher I swept) and gave her a phillips,a flat blade screwdriver a pliers and a junk Rochester carb and told her to have at it! She would mess with that and take it apart for hours! Then when it was time for supper I would tell her to put it back together! we always had some extra pieces cuz she was a better mechanic than the factory of course! hahaha

12. Give your daughter a hug for us! Find ways to give here the same challenge with her curiousity of knowledge. Jigsaw puzzles, snap model cars, a bicycle to work on with her so she can ride it. She's showing her curiousity. She'll be sharp as you give her challenges as a child, work with her quest.
    You're proud now, she will make you proud as you work with her.

13. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

That is great, I have a 3yo neice that loves to hang out in the shop with dad and play with nuts and bolts. For Christmas this year we bought her a toy Craftsman compressor and impact. I can just see her in a few years with a red rag in her pocket.

Almost makes me wish I had kids. Nah.

14. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

My dad taught me how to rebuild an engine when I was ten years old. I had been helping for years before that so I guess it was meant to be. He passed away when I was 16 and I still is him but you are a great dad and you will have a very independent and strong daughter.

Sent from chick's iPad using TJJ

15. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

She making some ape-hangers? Good times,had my daughter helping me in the garage today too.

16. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

My daughter is about 2 1/2 and I try and get her down in the garage to play with daddy's "hot rod" as much as I can. Love her to death... especially when she dresses up as a princess and asks to go work on the car.

17. Gwinn2932

Gwinn2932

I'm willing to give in on the girly stuff a little too. I'm going to bed tonight with freshly painted nails. She's been fun since she was born but she's really getting to be a blast here lately.

18. Help give her a Grant County grow up like some of your neighbors I know, as opposed to Saline County slimdown like f***ups in your county and more.
    For all I know,we may have met somewhere here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  19. Gwinn2932

Gwinn2932

We sure have, Nick Holiman tried to get me to come to work at S.S. when he was there. I work at MHC Kenworth. They tried to get me over there as a mechanic and then Drew tried to hire me as a foreman or something. Damn, small world.

20. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Nice! My son was in the garage one day (he was 2 at the time), asked for a wrech so I handed him one and went about my business. Then he got on his bike and went for a cruise down the driveway, at the end he took a turn and his training wheel fell off and down he went. I guess I handed him a 1/2" and dang if he didn't use it!!! I was a PROUD papa! :D

21. I'll just say "Be careful of the folks." We have many better friends in common from your hometown. Billy and Brian Holloway first and many more. Max and Sheila are damn good folks too!

22. that must be how it starts. I was drawn to mechanical things as a child,aswell.

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

My baby girl turned 6 months yesterday. I hope she can fix her own tricycle too.lol shes too cute brother.

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Lol, yup!

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Are they metal flake?:D

26. Nice to see in this day and age some of us are still bringing our children up the PROPER way ! ( As in away from the television and out bonding with Mom/Dad ) .
    Having a Proper Trike no doubt helps too !

27. My daughter also loves working with her old man in the garage, its finding jobs for her thats the problem and at 4 years old welding isn't her strong point.

Talking of old school trikes I was cruising the forum yesterday, saw a thread on hand painting and these two things clicked in my brain.

[​IMG]

I instantly thought I'm gonna have to get her a trike and trick it out in a similar paint scheme. Its done by a guy called Rob, his hand painting skills are pretty wicked (http://www.robswoodgrainbikes.com/)

I saw in his video on his site that he's worked on dashboards for cars and am tempted to utilise this on my Chrysler possibly...

28. moefuzz

moefuzz

So I'm guessing she gets her own toolbox for Christmas complete with real tools...

;)

29. Youre certainly raising her up right. We need more girls in this hobby.

Be a good one though and throw a cute paint job on it for her though.

30. Shoot... I went and got my 8 and 5 year old their own toolbox and threw a bunch of my lower end stuff in there for them to mess with. This accomplishes 2 things... it get's them excited about this kind of stuff and it keeps them out of my good tools.

They have the best running Bikes, wagons, scooters, rollerblades in town.