Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I dont mean to stereotype, but those Australians...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SantaAnaSpeed, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SantaAnaSpeed

SantaAnaSpeed
    from Santa Ana

sure are nice! I have a good amount of Australians that come in to the store. Weather they're old friends, here on vacation with the family, or strictly here for the cars and parts, they're always a pleasure to deal with! I met a few over at Pomona swapmeet yesterday who will be stopping in this week. Looking forward to doing business with them. Just thought I would share that with you guys this morning...

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I met 5 Aussies at the Roundup this year. Five minutes later,we were like best buds.
    They were a friendly lot for sure.

Doc.

3. Aww shucks, thanks guys. We have to be nice to you otherwise you will stop selling us your cars!!! :)

4. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

yes, i feel the same way about you guys,all i`ve met seem to be pretty laid back too, must be a car thing....

5. zep058

zep058

We're only like that when on holiday, generally we are a bunch of arseholes the rest of the time.

6. Moose223

Moose223

Been to Australia 5 times and have never met an arsehole, just in the US...kidding. Keep buying our iron you deserve it!
    Welcome any time mate!

7. Deuces

Deuces

I lived in N.S.W. for 10 years.... I'm dyin' to go back!..;)

8. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

I coyld kinda see what this topic has to do with cars, but not really...

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's because bogans can't afford to fly... ;)

10. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Or they are too shitfaced to get a passport photo [ so the police do it for them ]

11. Whats your shop address.......I will ruin your positive attitude towards Aussies in June :)

12. Went to Sidney for R&R in 1970. I won't go into details but I found the Aussies to be very friendly.

13. Damn... After 60 years, I finally found an OZ guy that I agree with .. :D:D:D

14. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Hahahahahahahahaha:D

15. striper

striper

Yeah, that's right asshole......don't stereotype me

16. ^^^ ahahaha ... You have to try the local cuisine :D

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

We're a pretty decent bunch, if I do say so myself. All it takes is a ******* to ruin it for the rest of us.

18. Ive only met a few aussies and well.. they were like anyone else, some good, some bad.

I had the chance to hang out and grab a beer with Vernon Wells, 80s actor (the indian mohawker in the road warrior and the main bad guy in Commando) he was nice at first but got insane. Get a few beers in him and he goes from nice guy to a total conspiracy theorist about us hiding ufo technology, how all americans are racists... wouldnt stop on his theories of the american government secretly trying to make us all racists, so i walked out on him and stuck him with the tab.

but yeah, most aussies ive met have been pretty laid back folks. Even if on the whole id say they tended to be too into politics.

19. At the sturgis motorcycle ralley met up with some fireman from down under! Loved like brothers n partied everyone under the tables until 4in the morn! Of coarse they werent seen again til 2 in the afternoon! What a bunch of cool dudes!

20. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I've been to Oz twice for extended vacations. Both times I visited Castlemaine, as I was told it was the "Street Rod Capital of Australia!" Before you get your knickers in a knot, my first visit was a long time ago, back before the term street rod caused people to turn red with apoplexy. On both visits I met nothing but the friendliest folks. In fact, we stayed with Rod and Carol Hadfield on both occassions, so you know we got a fair exposure to the Aussie hot rod scene. Since those times many years ago, we have hosted bunches of Aussies at our place here in upstate NY. Nothing but great times to remember with great folks. In fact, on the last visit by the Aussies, my dear friend Peter took my '63 Dodge Polara convert back to Oz with him. He and two of his mates stayed at our house, jumped in the Dodge and followed us in our other '63 Dodge hdtp. to the Detroit Dream Cruise, had a look about there and then drove it a total of 5000 miles to the west coast where it got loaded onto a container for its trip downunder. They had a blast, so they tell me and made new friends all along the way.

As you can tell, I have nothing but good things to say about the Aussies. Good blokes, every one of them. Go visit, you'll be glad you did.

21. lol

22. Edd

Edd

Back in the 90's I used to shoot with a bunch of Australians at the Bianchi Cup in Columbia, Missouri and can concur that they were great folks to be around. They loved their guns and cars - even though their steering wheels weren't on our "right side".

Since then I understand that their government took away their guns..but let them have steering wheels on either side! Kinda like living in California, where even a bunch of "spray guns" are illegal!

23. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Same here. I got to Perth in the Navy and lemme tell ya, wear your uniform off the ship and you just cant spend a dime. Fantastic folks. I met a guy in a pub and he took me home to the wife and daughter. MMMmm home cookin after 40 days in the Indian ocean. What a treat. The next day we went for a drive off the beaten path and she let me drive the car. Thats weird, all on the wrong side of the road and all.
    No worries about honor or leaving his ladies in my care while he went to work. Really hard not to stay.
    BTW, she was a fox and the accent melted me like butter.
    Lovein those folks.
    "Laughin at the lawn" is still one of my favorite "Aussieisms".

24. Geez, suckin up to the Bloody POMS. Just trying to make sure they give Ole Larry all their money when they come in huh? You gotta watch out for them Skippy's ya know, at least that's what the Kiwi's say. :D

25. ^ POMS??:confused::mad::(:rolleyes::eek::eek:

Anyway, A pictorial 'G'day'. For no particular reason!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  26. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

the ones i have met are cool too.

-danny

27. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I do A LOT of international business with the Aussies, mostly smaller body Ford and Merc stuff, and whether emailing or over the phone, they are hands-down some of the nicest people on the planet. They make you WANT to go to the ends of the Earth to find what they're looking for, and then GIVE it to them once you do! I dunno, it's a toss-up between them and the Canadians. BOTH are just AWESOME people as a whole. Or maybe I'm just ordinarily a dick and don't realize it...

Either way, I appreciate it!

28. nali

nali

There are nice guys and A..hole everywhere, I m not sure it depends where they were born :)

29. SantaAnaSpeed

SantaAnaSpeed
    from Santa Ana

....and Larry gladly takes that money! And i know they're in the shop because all of a sudden Larry says "mate" after every sentence!

30. We are not POMS, POMS are from England.