Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Bomber made it back to base from Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlisle1926, Apr 15, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Nice to hear someone making some sense every once in a while. Seems like the current trend is agreeing w/ the law whatever the case.

2. Flop

Flop

did the said officer have a tattoo of texas on his arm ?! one popped me in the dallas area sounds like the same type of person !

3. usmcpedroza

usmcpedroza

this made my day,

4. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

In response to BEAU, If you write a citation, and the person wants to go to court, the officer is seponed and has to be there. (unless you have a felony sepona for the same time)

As for the officer that wrote the citation, He obivusly had a chip on his shoulder. As I have said before, every body has one, you just dont have to be one. :cool:

5. Kids? The wife and I went inside to check it out, we did take our son in though :D

6. yruhot

yruhot

Hi there, my wife works in law enforcement and I try to at least look at both sides and be sympathetic to all the crap they have to deal with but there is always one in ever crowd and I sorry you drew this one. Good luck in court, can't wait to see the outcome. Awe sum project. YRUHOT................Doug

7. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Cool that you brought the rig to the Round Up, not cool that you got Officer Asshole...we have a few of those on my department as well that think they get free toasters for writing tickets and I chastise them often for it (If you havent figgured out I am a officer....)

I wouldn't have written that....just me....that said I believe you have a good shot at beating that....that said if it's still on the trailer drag it across the scales and get the printout of the gross weight and length....that said (now I aint telling you to lie cause that wouldnt be the right thing to do) BUT drag a tape measure over it and get the length as well....if when you research the length law your out of spec I would try NOT to bring that up in the hearing....bring in the specs on how much a complete plane weighs (I'd be willing to bet that it will still lower than the law) and how much your trailer weighs...Also FL Law states that overlength loads have to be marked with red flags or tape but DO NOT specify HOW MUCH red flags or tape you need....just that it needs to be marked....

Be respectful to the Judge who is usually just a magistrate in traffic situations....many have a chip on their shoulder as well....DONT interupt the Officer of the Judge during their testimony, keep it professional and non-personal, leave emotion out of it and dont get caught in a lie. Bring in all of your photo documents and dress nice. AND FINALLY dont count on Officer Failboat to not show up to court.....they pay us ALOT to be in court and if we dont show up we get our knickers in a twist from the Sheriffs Office....we have to show up (My dept, I dont know how theirs works.....I'd be willing to be similar).

Now mind you I dont write alot of tickets but I do write tickets that "need" to be written.....valid tickets....and as such I have NEVER lost a traffic case....I have observed more people loose their case due to their attitude in the first seconds of the hearing....the judge doesnt want to hear attitude or guesses, educate yourself on the laws that you were written the citations on and present accordingly....

and as a final parting note....whatever you tell that judge, by no means tell him/her that "you didn't know it was against the law" the next response out of the judge will likley be "Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it".

8. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

Thanks for all of the advice. Some of this I already knew because I have a lot of friends and family that are police. Number one rule when being pulled over is to cooperate and don't act like a jerk even if the cops is being one to you. I would never go to court and not wear some decent clothes. Making a judge think I'm being disrespectful is super bad idea.

9. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

When you go to court, "May the force be with you" :cool:

10. derbydad276

derbydad276

you can bet money that when some one in officer asshat's family gets a ticket and the officer that writes it wont pull it.
    he will whine like a 6 yr old school girl that didnt get her way

11. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

Court was this morning. I had hired a lawyer because I fully expected to lose this battle and I was hoping the lawyer could help lesson the damages to my record and pocket book. The judge called me, the lawyer, and my pal Officer Lennox into his chamber. Much to my surprise, he commenced to letting Officer Lennox know how ashamed he should be for giving me tickets for towing a WWII veteran plane to an event to be viewed by the public. The judge then talked to me for a while about how neat he thought the plane was and as it turns out he is a bit of a WWII airplane nut! I couldn't be more pleased. Again, thanks to all of you that came out to the Roundup and toured the old bird!

12. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Justice prevails!!! Good for you.....

13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I so loved hearing that outcome,super,the world has not gone totaly to hell yet.
    Thanks for the follow up. looking foreword to what happend next.:D:cool:

14. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

There you go officer poo poo head, stick that where the sun doesnt shine!

Well done!

15. Excellent news.....Justice, good for the Judge

16. fordcpe

fordcpe

Good for you Glad it worked out in your favour

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

HAHAHA! Glad it all worked out!

18. Since this is an election year and we do elect our county judges, can you share his honor's name with us?

19. Tommy R

Tommy R

What a great ending to (that part of) the story. Congrats on the outcome!

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Wow!! Great to hear you came out of that deal better than expected!

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

22. Man I just teared up . Great for you:D & send occifer asshat :pa Jimmy Spencer crying towel. Now if we just hear that 32 coupe is found!!!!!!