Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Mercury Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kage, May 18, 2011.

1. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Finally finished roughing in the passenger side quarter panel. I also finished up most of the work on the roll pan and shot a coat of primer on both.

I finished cutting up the floor as well. Now I just need to make all the patch panels and weld everything back up.

2. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

forgot to add the pics

Attached Files:

3. Looking good!!! Keep up the good work!!

4. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I got my intake in yesterday and I didn't waste any time tarring it down, cleaning and painting it. It is currently mocked up on my engine. I am currently working on fabricating the water inlets.

I also sent my torque converter off to be rebuilt and ordered my wiring harness, and 2 headlight buckets.

Attached Files:

5. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I also need another brass filter and screen cover like the ones pictured below. if anyone has 1 or knows where I can get one please let me know.

It is for my intake. as you can see from the above picture I have the front one, but I am missing the one from the rear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

The weekend is here...My plan for the weekend is to try and get the water outlets fabricated and weld up most of the floor board.

7. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I got a good amount done this weekend.
    The main thing I got done was fabricating the water inlet/crossover tube. I think it turned out really good. I did have to go back after I had it painted and add a mount for the throttle return spring.

After I finished up the intake I got the firewall painted, then I reinstalled the master cylinder and brake pedal assembly. I also installed the heater core and housing along with the windshield wiper motor.

Attached Files:

8. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

Cool build, keep up the good work. Did anyone start a 55-56 merc club?

9. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Not that I now of...but I could start one up.

Do you have a 55-56 Merc?

10. I thought the mercs were added to the ford one?

11. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I didnt know there was a ford one..i did a search but didnt find it. if you have a link to it post it on here

12. I think its the 54-56 ford group

13. I think a 55-56 Merc club would be great!! I'm excited to have found others with them.

Have you guys seen the 56 in Austin? Owned by a lady in the fender skirts club?

14. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I dont think so...do you have any pics of it?

15. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I got my heim joints in Yesterday for my panhard bar. Ill fab up the mounts for it this weekend.

Attached Files:

16. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

17. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Yesterday my Rebel wiring harness came in. I did a quick install with it getting it ready for final assembly. I also welded up a couple of small holes in my dash. I have a new spray gun on the way (both of my took a shit on me), and some headlight buckets. Im starting the final body work and getting everything coated with epoxy.

My torque converter should be back in by the end of next week...at least I hope it will be. I should finally be picking my trans up next weekend as well.

Im getting soooo close to being able to fire Bettie up..god I can't wait to hear her perrr.

Attached Files:

18. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

I have seen the Merc club, I was thinking a 55-56 Merc club would be awesome. If not the Merc club will do.

19. I was contemplating on getting the rebel harness or stick with getting an american autowire. What model did you get? How many circuits? Let me know how it goes for you.

20. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

I got the 9+3 Harness. Ive used 1tractor of their harness before...they are great harnesses and the have the best customer service...i would recommend Rebel Wire to anyone

21. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Gotta second that, I put one in my '51 F1 last fall and it was a high quality product. The nice thing about them is that they can be tailored to your specific ride.

23. The thing with these harnesses I dont like how the wires are soldered to the fuse block. I like how american autowire has the wire on a clip and screwes to the fuse block.

24. Hey kage, not sure if you are interested or do the facebook thing but I created a group its 1952-56 Ford/Merc/Lincoln cars

25. Can you add me to the Facebook group? Heath Icenhower

26. Did you send a request?

27. I'm not sure how to find the group without being your "friend"??

28. Its an open group. I searched your name and nothing came up.

29. Can put a link to the group on here?