Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Cadillac Tail Fins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munster Motors, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

i know alot of people have grafted and customized these on different vehicles, does any one happen to have any pictures of cars or trucks with cadillac fins tagged to them :confused:

The Fin needs to make a comback!!!...lol but please share any photos or comments

thanks guys

2. FETT

FETT

when i was a youg man i allmost put 1959 Cadilac fins on my 1967 fast back mustang but never had the nerve to do it

3. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

gonna put some fins on a project car, soon as i find a set and a year i like ..
    hoping to get some ideas if some pictures get posted to the thread..lol

4. Hahaha ^^^^^

I've seen a 50 chev (brown I think) with 55 caddy tail lights/quarters, looked awesome!

5. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Ive seen a picture floating around where they skinned a van to make it look like a caddy, was nice but i hope that car was rotted out or something.

6. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

i haven't searched the webb but most of the customs were finless that i have seen on here, maybe one or two but it seems they have went out with bell bottom pants eh

7. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

Here is caddy fins on my friends 50 Chevy.

Attached Files:

8. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

That looks good

9. My Dad had a 51 Ford with them, looked to 49-55, were sold as add ons, by a Company we don't know! Did see an old Hot Rod mag (small one) with the add for them many years ago.

10. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

think i seen a thread on here a guy was trying to sell a set like your talking about

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That truck with the fins? Yea, poke my eyes out with a spoon.

12. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

theres got to be more than this??? lol

13. I think fins should stay on the original cars. If you put them on anything else. . It just looks terrible. I'd be offended if my sister took off my Cadillac fins and put them on her Honda!

14. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

lol.........thats just silly, but theres got to be some old customs out there with it done....unless you sisters honda is pre '65? and baby fins?

lmao

15. If buck Rogers, space travel, and rockets were still new & part of everyday life again, we would see fins. But since we've been there, It's all about aero dynamics, stealth, and efficiency. Recycling, plastics, and junk.

16. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

thats a good one too, its like everything else it goes in circles, comes around every so often then dissapears, i'm still waiting for Rap to go out :rolleyes:

17. i have a pair of 57 fairlane fins that someday may end up on somthing other then a 57

i also have the fins from a 60 t-bird

18. ok after the miata i need to go to the eye doctor EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

19. dmikulec

dmikulec

I've got a '63 Newport, and Virgil Exner had originally designed these cars with rear fins. Sadly, the car was redesigned later and the fins removed from the final production version. I've been seriously thinking of adding them back after being inspired by the '60 Starliner's horizontal fin.

20. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

id like to see that 51 when done!

21. Heres a stude custom under construction I saw at the Cleveland choppers show.
    Caddy fins . Hard to get a good pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Flop

Flop

here is one i saw at the roundup

[​IMG]

23. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

that chebby looks pretty good with them, but i thought hawks had a bit of a fin to begin with?

24. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Man, you guys are slow today. How could you forget Cheech & Chongs van made from weed from Up in Smoke?

Attached Files:

• C&C.jpg
      C&C.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
  25. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

thats funny, but yeah it's been awhile for that one!:D

26. Those are factory Studebaker fins. They bolted on.

27. As a kid in Beloit, Wi there was a black gentleman near my house that had a 1959 Eldorado Seville (2dr hardtop) with a third fin on the deck lid. I thought it looked pretty cool. I stopped by his house about 15 years later to look at the car, it was open to offers but I had no dough. The car was really decent condition but the fin was really cobbled onto the lid. Lots o' mud to blend it in. It disappeared shortly after that (about 20 years ago)

28. Wow, now i feel both silly and a little bit smarter - at the same time.

29. I thought I wanted fins on my '59 Apache, after seeing this thread,
    not so much............:cool:

30. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Exactly! Here they are on my '57 Caddy.

B

Attached Files: