Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Mullins

Mullins

2. Not as nice as yours but I'm trying

3. I figured you'd be out in the garage tonight. You didn't miss anything.

Looks good!

4. Now I know where you were yesterday. ;)

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Nice job on the discs buddy, looks great!

6. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

discs.....not that is not tradidtional.....you shloud have bought my old ford drums after I converted to....cough... discs... cough......

nice job as always but what is with the silver headers.....white man white.

7. novabbc

novabbc

Looks great Phil

8. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Thanks for the brake pic's as I will keep the caliper and mounting in mind. I have fab's a few other kits, both for front and rear disc and if I do disc's for the HJ I will set the brackets to have the caliper around the 10 o'clock position so the bleeder is high. Hope to see you at Syracuse this July.

9. Nope, I was at the neurologist yesterday getting poked and prodded.

10. They are only silver on the bottom and black up top, once I figure out a color I like then I will get them coated...lol

11. Yup I would have liked them at the 10 O'clock spot myself but this is what I got with the plans.

12. Thanks, lets hope they work....lol

13. It don't sound like fun playin' pin-cushion or voodoo doll.

14. Nope, sure ain't, Monday is a new MRI, work the next 3, then an EMG nerve test on Friday.
    I better hurry and get the other side done before I can't..lol

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've got a similar situation when bleeding my calipers, but I vacuum bleed them and that seems to work without removing the calipers from the car.

16. Clik

Clik

I bought a Lat Machine which helps my back a whole lot.

As to falling asleep in a noisy MRI machine. The operators have probably never experienced the noise inside a gutted hot rod Henry J. :eek:

17. Ha ha, now that is music to the ears right there !

I've had a few MRI's, and traction, numerous injections (epidurals, facets, bowtox) I even bought an inversion table, it's been a long 7 years since the injury that's for sure.

I hope to get the other side bolted back up today and maybe bled tomorrow if I can convince the misses to pump the pedal...lol

18. Saxxon

Saxxon

Back injuries suck !!!

My 10 year battle with sports injuries has finally caught up to me. Recently diagnosed as 5 herniated discs and 2 torn along with a ruptured ligament in the sacrum joint (Pelvis). Inversion table, daily core work and the chiropractor has kept me upright for the most part. I'm only 50 and the Doctors are already talking Cortizone and possible disc fusion.

I wish you the best with yours.

19. Clik

Clik

I'm not a doctor and have never played one on TV, but from my experience as a former amateur weight lifter, I would strongly advise against any inversion that doesn't keep the knees bent while inverted.

My brother just had his spine fused and isn't doing too well. He didn't make it home from the hospital before another disc was damaged.

20. Smilin Jack

Smilin Jack

Swade,
    I can't stand it! Not selling and I'm back on the build.
    Jackie

21. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Great to hear SMILIN Jack. To others, I hope your ailments don't keep you from playing with your toys.

22. Hey the brake conversion works and the header re-do makes it easier to steer too !

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Ewo-SSNeCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

23. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

haha..damn hot rodders and thier burnouts....

24. When I get it on the street I'll come by your house...lol

25. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Sounds AWESOME swead!! What kinds of mufflers are you using?

26. Those were the same two glass packs that were on the car when I bought it, just cut off the ends and welded 3 inch pipe to them. I added about 18 inches of rear pipe to them after these pictures were taken. It's much quieter than the open headers but the kids said they could hear it inside the house, which is not that close to the garage..lol

[​IMG]

27. ha ha, that's my old 100 what super hi-fi house system, I have had a neighbor complaint about that before, she just didn't have good taste in music

28. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Phil, I'd laugh at the "old guy" remark but you're only a year older than me....

29. ha ha, whipper snapper !
    I feel old right now, the therapy session today was a bitch. Seems I have a bit of a dog leg in my spine and they are trying to straighten it out. Felt better while there but now 4 hrs later, not so good.
    I'll just keep watching the video...lol

30. Found a 2 gallon Eelco tank at the swap meet for a great price, not sure if I will run it or not. I've got to get the car backed up and check it out better.

[​IMG]