Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Purist traditonal roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HellsHotRods, Apr 14, 2012.

1. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I saw this at the Eagle Rock - "Trompers" event today...maybe I have seen it before. Just thought I would share what a traditional roadster looks like with purist details.....
    (the car had 2 coils, opposite each other)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RARE SW Tach Drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. very clean, but i'm pissed because i always miss this event cause i never remember when it is.... haha

3. badshifter

badshifter

Very impressive! Nice detail work. Whose is it?
    Last year I went on Sunday........

4. cakes

cakes

wow that thing is pretty, I want an AV8 roadster pretty damn bad and that one is just about perfect

5. Thing is perfect. I would LOVE to have that car and wouldn't change a thing... Except me being the owner of course. ;)

6. Sure looks like the roadster that Kris Elmer (Loudpedal) built a few years ago, with a few changes.

Mick (not a fast enough typer!)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  7. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Cool Roadster!

8. So why is there no fuel in that sediment bowl?

9. aircap

aircap

One word - SANO!

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great looking car, it was featured in a magazine a while ago. Just noticed the upholstery roll for the first time, sure would be nice to get some detailed photos of it. Thanks for posting the photos. Bob

11. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

yeah i was wondering the same thing....

12. Smallish turn out this morning, probably because of the gully washer we had yesterday. Next one is July 14 and then Sept 08, I never did find any hot coffee though.

J

13. brady1929

brady1929

very cool hot rod

14. Master of None

Master of None

Thanks for the detailed close ups....I'm taking notes.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great looking car, but........ it's almost TOO perfect. From the videos and pics I've seen, there hasn't been a hot rod built that didn't have a flaw of some kind. I've seen some muscle car restorations gone so far as to include chaulk marks on the frame to simulate where they would have been done on a factory build. Sometimes, I think it's possible to go too far.

Still a VERY well done car.

Oh.... where's the gas?

16. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

There was fuel in it when I took the pictures

17. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Spoon original pedal is there, gas was in the sediment, sorry if that's hard to see.
    Halibrand Culver City in the rear.

18. Muttley

Muttley

Very, very nice car.............I really dislike the aprons without fenders look though.

19. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

What a fun car to look at. Everywhere you look you see details that are not found on most cars. What a challenge to find all the cool parts. I love this stuff. I have one of those block drains. I never bought one of those Ford Rouge(?) plant badges because I never knew what to do with it but it looks great on the leather key holder. Now I have to pay the inflated price of waiting so long.:D

Thanks for showing us all the details. Very cool stuff!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to know what was gained by chopping the lower windsheld stantion, compair it to the gold car in the first photo.

22. Beautiful..without doubt. I'm with Muttley on the dislike for side aprons, (traditional or not). I'm sure the owner could give a rats ass what I think of his side aprons though.

23. Clark

Clark

37kid...I would guess chopping the lower stanchion changes the pivot point. keeps the windshield in the right place when laid back.
    Clark

24. dragass

dragass

I really like the column drop/extention. Anyone know if that is bought or fabricated?

25. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Side aprons were left on just as they were in the day, when you went to the lakes to race, you didn't remove the body, just the fenders. It's a look from an earlier time period. This can be seen in Montgomery's book.

Column drop was fabricated in the 40's with the fuel pressure hand pump in it.

26. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

no split wind shield. no cowl steering. no e&j head lights. there is hope for the future! lol!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's one to save as a reference to study for ways to get it right.

I've never been a fan of leaving the splash aprons on but lately the look is growing on me.

28. Right HellsHotRod, I understand that, which is why I stated "traditional or not"..I still don't like them.

29. Just a different way to get it a little lower.

Like all cars there are things that I really like and things that I only like a little bit. It is a very nice car and a lot of attention to detail. Likes and dislikes aside, I wish I could develope the patience to build one with that much attention to detail.