Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. yeh absolutely they tunnel is goin to be cut out and a new one made and put back in thats alot more raised.
    des

2. yes ur right, beleive in the beard ha ha, it looks great i trust him on everything cause it always turn out killer, its a great thing we got goin on down here, glad ahron is maybe gunna stick around he can go work for u just has to live here ha ha. he said u offered him work thats cool as, im gunna come down with him next time to meet u see your shop and meet the guys down the road with the chopped 2 doored chevy.
    des

3. time for some updates, got no time to do alot of writing and the wheel arch drop is for street machine kustom anual so u can read about it in there, im a bit all over the shop at the moment, doin a bit here and there but the end goal is in sight, got a nice phone call from mario colaillo, owner of wildcad, if ur aussie u know what im talking about and if ur american u will cause its over there now and i beleive he has sold it or is selling it over there, anyway, he called uo and asked me if i was interested in taking the spinner to motorex in sydney for the first ever "kavalade of the kustoms" invite only, 40 cars, thats just the kustom section which he has organised for this year to be a part of motorex, ahron was with me when he rang and we both decided it would be rude not to try get it there, it is in july so three months away, and i have lost my drivers licence for a while recently due to a mistake in the form of driving over the legal alcohol limit, ooooppppps, anyway this means im flat out stuck at home from now till july to do the spinner and get it up there, and dont laugh, but pretty sure we convinced chicken williams to finish the bags in the olds and let us put a towbar on it, yep we wanna tow the spinner behind the olds up to sydney, anyone thats wants to come for the cruise along with us, get to me on facebook or here, des russell. will be a fucking awesome weekend. anyway thats the plan got alot to do but ahrons has as always been nice enough to offer his services to get the car there, we figure it has to be straigh as now cas mario wants it there in bare metal and it has ahrons name on the panel work, so here we go.

a bit more panel beatin on the wheels arches, starting to file up alot of the body to get it real straigh beat out all the dints, remvoed all the original sounds deadener, cleaning floors up, inners, roof, gettin everything inside preped for por 15 satin black finish, should protect it and loook net, started fittin up a floor shifter for the 3 speed just till i eventually get a muncie and rebuild the nail, also we played around with tig and mig on one rod and i started cleaning it uo and decided mig was the go cause u need that wire build up so a couple shots of the welding i did the rod onto the rear qaurter these are gunna loook killer, alot of work and alot of work to clean them up to look nice and even but hey its custom. a bunch of other shit, just keeping the ball rolling, still waiting on bag brackets hopefully have them this weekend so i can have a good crack on gettin those done, cheers
    des

Attached Files:

4. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

looking good chief!

5. Deu55

Deu55

Congrats on the invite that's so cool,I know you'll get it done.Love reading ya posts and watching your progress ...All the best Rod...

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

6. ausbuick

ausbuick

sweet des you know your on the right track when you get invited to motorex,
    keep it up man love it

7. I like the wheel arch drop but that is going to be a real pain in the arse to get a wheel on and off.
    Congrats on the invite and keep up the good work

8. Thanks rod I enjoy doin it. Mate I'll get it done I'm confident just no life, but then again this is my life so more life ha ha, she'd hobbit for the next three months

9. Ha ha thanks mate, I'm pretty excited about it.
    Des

10. Oh absolutely it is gunna e a pain but honestly so were the lowering blocks and dropping a few bag bolts and shock bolts won't be as bad as that. Price u pay to look cool I guess ha ha
    Des

11. U fuckin know it. This is Rhys isn't it???

12. Congratulations on the invite,..pretty damn cool.

Look forward to seeing this baby in the flesh, sorry steel in July!!

13. Ha ha don't get to excited it ain't anything special just mine and my buddies fun. Looking like turning into one hell of a road trip. So keen.

14. Understatement of the HAMB year! You must be good at photoshop! :p

15. Ha ha ha no who needs photoshop when u trick photography and make it look decent ha ha
    Des

16. And I thought the black and white/night time shots were you lot being all arty farty,..seems its really to hide poor workmanship!

17. Ha ha ha spot on. It's all about makin it look good in photos ha ha. Na it's ok. I just have a shit load of work to do before July. Keeeen as fucking mustard though. Can't hide shit work there everyone can pick on it all they want but it's my baby ha ha and I love it.

18. I am sure you will get there and I am sure a lot of people will be impressed,..you should love it, its a cracker!

19. The one and fuckin only.

20. Ha ha thanks mate. I'm sure it will be that's what they tell me.

21. Ha ha ga ha ha road fuckig trip

22. A few pics. A lot f work to get to sydney for motorex but bring it on I'm not scared ha ha.
    Des

Attached Files:

23. big creep

big creep

looks great! when you going to paint it? i know you said you like running bare, but i think painted it would look fucken killer!!!

24. Ha ha a fair while of yet gotta get my enjoyment out of givin it shit anywhere I want then it will get full gloss paint. It's gunna have to be really straight in bare steel first before any primer or filler work starts I'd say.

25. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Man this car just keeps getting better

26. Ha ha ha, hey thanks brother that's the idea. Des

27. Hey any guy of te Australian breed on here have or no of somewhere I could get a good 50 stone tray for my buddy Sean hammond. He has a 51 tudor with all the 50 front metal except when u try do a front bar drop and put the 50 indicator surrounds on over the 51 stone stray they don't like it cause of te shape. Any help would e appreciated.

28. What you've even got Sean fired up as well.

Congrates on the invite to MotorX. I have no doubt you'll have no reason not to stand tall.

(Isn't that hard around low car)

Dropped arches look cool, I like the rod treatment not sure about the tail lights, but reserving judgement.

Tell Arhon he still has to come to work here in between. I think he loves it up there so middle weekdays are fine he can stay at his mums.

Look forward to you visit.

The road trip sounds a blast, Make Reece where a hat so the red hair doesn't scare the normal people.

Mark Shearer

29. We've nearly finished making him a space over here also to do his thing. come down for a beer or two if you feel like havin a break from the spinner for a day

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012