Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Apr 13, 2012.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I don't know how many of you had Grundy insurance and were moved over to Philly insurance but according to an E-Mail I received yesterday Grundy is taking back control of the collector car insurance about the end of May. I just got done dealing with Philly and they were in over their head in my opinion. Maybe things will get better???

2. bobscogin

bobscogin

I have Grundy and got the same email. Hope things are back to the way they were.

Bob

3. Got that same e-mail. Sure hope things are back to "normal". When I renewed back in December the person I spoke with at Philadelphia seemed less than enthusiastic to be dealing with me.

4. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Try Classic Underwriters they consisting of former Grundy employees who are driven by a passion to provide superior insurance coverage and service to car collectors.

http://www.classicunderwriters.com/

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. ....I was more than happy with Grundy 'till things changed. Hopefully they will be back to the fine company they were before Phila. Indemnity took over.

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I have Grundy and never recieved any info about anything???:confused:

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Me neither. I hope they are back they saved me a pile of money.

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

Same here never seen anything!!!

9. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Ditto on that

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

That change made me move to my Local Farmers Agent who has a great Classic Auto policy.Grundy's/Philly's service was shit in my opinion.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

12. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I had grundy but switched when I tried to deal with the new outfit. I changed to continental western group. Good coverage and easy to deal with.

13. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Same thing happened to me. I insure through Condon & Skelly because they were underwritten by MET Life and Casualty. I have been with MET for about 25 years. My renewal notice and bill came a month ago and I paid the bill. When I got my policy it was through another company...one I've never heard of. I was really pissed that Condon & Skelly didn't tell me they were changing their underwritter before I paid. I would think they would be obligated since I'm buying a product from the underwritter . I can tell you that Condon and Skelly won't be my agent after this.

14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

No contact here from grundy either. Watching and reading..... I hope they get it right.

15. ditto. just got mine .

16. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Nothing from Grundy either. Hope my policy is still in effect.

17. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Didn't get my notice from Grundy yet.

18. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Sounds good, BUT only available currently in 11 states.

>>>Try Classic Underwriters they consisting of former Grundy employees>>>

19. grichards790

grichards790

I havent gotten any notice. Philly failed to send me a renewal notice even after I called to ask for one, it took a couple of calls I wasnt real impressed. Otherwise I havent heard anything about any changes.

20. bonesy

bonesy

No joke - I just thought the same thing.

21. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I just dumped Heacock Ins. (See: previous 39' Ford accident), because they told me to pull the frame on both ends and bang out 3 damaged fenders and "Bondo" it!
    I went with Grundy last week.
    I hope their better than Heacock was!

22. eddyhartley

eddyhartley

I&#8217;m not with Grundy. For collector car insurance I trust The Hartford and AARP members get a discount too.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  23. Haven't received a renewal notice and it's about due. Might be time to move on to someone else.

24. Dyce

Dyce

I have my '40 Chevy insured through Farmers. I dropped it last year because I needed tires and had other expenses.... I went to insure it this spring and the rate doubled. It took a long time to get it insured because the vin number was to short. They changed alot since last year.

25. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I had my 36 Chev PU and Model A insured with Farmers for years. During the winter I would suspend coverage and just have comprehensive on them and in the spring go back to full coverage. Anyway last winter, I called to change the coverage and was told if I were to do that, they wouldn't offer me full coverage anymore. They wanted to move me to Heacock Insurance for classics. The Heacock application wanted pictures of all four sides of the car, details on the engine and transmission plus modification, and if there were any modifications done to the suspension. I moved everything over to Grundy.

26. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I leave my coverage alone in "off" seasons and times when the car's not running for the above two reasons and more. Ya mess with shit and it invites problems. Besides the two mentioned issues...........what if you bring your car back to the roads....but have forgotten to renew your insurance............. something bad happens, and you're now NOT covered? The few saved dollars just ain't worth it

27. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I to haven't received anything from Grundy since late last summer when I insured my Sedan with them.

Just changed my home owners insurance over to farmers and the agent I use had no information about collector car insurance or recreational auto insurance like I have with State Farm.

Could have saved money on my homeowners if Farmers had a better way to insure non daily drivers.
    Going with Farmers on my 07 Vette would have raised my insurance by $200 a year
    over State Farm.

Insurance sucks all the way around, in Oklahoma.

28. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

This is a good philosophy, but I don't like to give the insurance companies any more than they have coming. We have five cars insured. What I didn't like about Farmers (I'm sure that most of the other larger insurance companies are the same) is they charge you liability insurance on each car. They don't do that with Grundy, after the first classic is insured. So I have more/better coverage for less money and everything is insured year around.

29. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wouldn't put a dime into anything with AARP name on it.

30. itsmeb

itsmeb

I have Grundy, but no contact.:confused: