Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor mount warning....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3Kidsnotime, Apr 12, 2012.

1. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I ordered some parts from our local X-Checker auto now O'reilly and needed a verry common Anchor mount number 2285, Looks like they changed suppliers and has to be the worst quality part I have seen since the import invasion of the early 80's and this might just top them all...30 some years later... I normally do not post if im not happy with a part but this has to be the top... The Anchor mount made in Korea looks good stamp welds metal guage rubber mold looks all good... Now the NEW supplier for Anchor in 20 guage tin and mig welds (made in india) well speaks for itself and verry clear.... I will let you all be the judge...

side by side ill let you figure out the new india part..

[​IMG]

korea

[​IMG]

india

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

india

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

korea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The box is marked each stay away from the new anchor boxes marked india..

2. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Look like everything were getten now a days

3. BJR

BJR

Thanks for the heads up, they need to be called out when they sell crap like that.

4. squirrel

squirrel

the NOS GM mounts like that I have do look a lot better. And I have a couple mounts that are similar to the india one you have, that are several years old. It's hit or miss...some times you get lucky, some times you don't. Maybe you could take it back as defect if and ask for another one, see if you get a better looking mount. Or look for NORS parts on ebay. Or go to your local Chevy dealer and see if they have them still. Be prepared to spend ten times as much

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got a Mount for my 71 GMC the other day that looks pretty decent and is an Anchor brand mount.
    The one shown above is sad and it's really sad that a band that we have trusted for many years would put allow such a sorry excuse for a motor mount get shipped.

6. srs1

srs1

I discovered this problem last fall. It sucks!! I have gone to every O'reilly, Auto Zone and Advanced Auto Parts on the north side of houston and was able to find four pair of the good ones. The new ones are pitiful. Nothing is right about them, all the dimensions are off. You can tell before you open the box, they're half the weight! Cheap shit!! On a new chassis I started to use 2283's and napa has a 602-1107 that's really heavy duty.

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The Indians don't care what they send out. What they do care about is how many they do in a day! They get paid by the piece, so quantity, not quality!

8. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

I shame the american based company selling it..... I have never been thrown off as this, the part is cheap but still how could you market that...

9. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

I bought some Anchor motor mounts for an O.T. car from Checker about 5 years ago, and after I got home and opened the box & saw them, I took them right back. It was obvious they were junk. I ended up getting some OEM mounts from Car Quest (they had to get 'em outta Denver). 'Cost me more than double what the Anchor mounts cost, but well worth it...

10. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

You cant blame it on India. The store that sells it is ultimately responsible.
    If a waitress brings you burnt toast,who do you blame? Her or the cook? Sure the cook burnt it but the waitress served it anyway.

11. skull

skull

l wouldn't trust that junk on my 170HP 305Cl daily driver camaro:eek:

Later :cool:

12. Wow, that's crazy!

13. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

Im not going to use them for the price I think im going to hang them on the wall of my shop I get alot of visitors I can show.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Indians have making motor supports since the days they were building Jeeps for WWII and likely earlier. These crappy mounts have to be the result of a manufacturer error (unless directed to by Anchor) and/or a quality control issue at the Indian facility AND Anchor domestic import.
    This degradation of products is often the result of OUR insistance that products be cheap, cheap, CHEAP.

You're hearing this from someone who worked in antique Ford parts reproductions for many years. Virtually every stock Model A and early Ford V8 is suspended from spring shackles "Made in India".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  15. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Thats what you get when people dont want to pay a little more for a product made in the USA... The majority of people who buy auto parts from chain stores for their daily driver hondas, neons, or whatever dont care or could even tell you the difference in quality, but can sure tell you the difference in price.

I had customer walk in once and ask for a part(dont remember what it was), gave him prices and said "give me the cheapest one thats why I came here everywhere else they want to fuck me on the price." go get his parts, (he was being a douch the whole time and customers are lolking at him funny)he yanks it off the cointer and looks at it and says "Made in Mexico!? Damn it im tried of all this made in Mexico and shit!" By this time people were looking at him on how rude he was being, amd I politely tell him, "well thats what happens when people dont want to pay a little extra for a product made in the USA..." He just looks at me and walks off... I never did see him come back into the store. :)

16. Stuff like safety doesn't bother you when you think you'll just be reincarnated anyway.

17. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

funny, I'd also avoid anything made by someone who thinks they are going to get "forgiven " and "raptured".
    I'm looking for aethiest-made motor mounts only from now on- no faith-based auto parts for me.

18. Ole don

Ole don

I'm not defending any ethnic group, but think about it for more than ten seconds please. These people are building what they are told to build. The American people telling them to cheapen the parts are to blame, and they hope the end user will blame it on the Koreans or the people of India.

19. Shorty

Shorty

I work in a big box parts house and we carry Anchor Motor Mounts as well. Its strictly hit or miss with Anchor. We take the mount out of the box and show the customer what they are about to purchase. If the customer wants it so be it! If the customer returns we cheerfully refund or exchange the part regardless if it is good or bad.

I have taken a lot of heat from my company for doing this but if I didnt do this on all of my hard parts sales I would be doing my customers a disservice...

20. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

sad day indeed when you aspire to source a part from korea to get the better quality! for those common chevy mounts, I buy the heavy duty urethane ones from NPD.

21. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Wow! I wouldn't install a MOPED motor with that hunk o' crap!

22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I went through this a few years ago with Anchor mounts for and SBF...they were horrible. I trade with a locally non-chain parts house that is a great place to do business, but they tell me the number of parts suppliers for stuff like these mounts is down to maybe one consolidated outfit. So, no matter who your order from, other than OEM dealership, this is the crap we are stuck with. I did as suggested in a prior post here, I found some genuine Ford NOS mounts on e-bay....but the supply of NOS/OEM will run out soon and most especially for less common applications.

Ray

23. Ramblur

Ramblur

I dunno,I kinda like the paint better on the one from India...;)
    Seriously though, went through this 4 or 5 yrs ago with Balkamp mounts
    from Napa. Same deal,one from India,one from Korea for my 500" Cadillac. Both piss poor thin gauge steel and one had the bottom plate
    welded on upside down so it wouldn't even sit flat on the chassis.
    I sourced some OEM from the local junkyard and used an Energy Suspension polyurethane insert.

24. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I buy OEM or pull parts from a junker and use or rebuild,same as Ramblur.

25. Anchor mounts do suck, I end up paying a bit extra for energy suspension mounts.

26. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey,they care, just not that much! Besides, it's pretty hard to make a decent weld with one hand while you've got the customer service phone in the other doing troubleshooting for a Microsoft customer.

27. 29ModelAguy

29ModelAguy
    from Montana

Why don't we as AMERICANS, stand up & tell them to shove their crap!
    Bring the jobs back to the country , that taught them.
    The PROBLEM is with our GOVERNMENT!.
    Tell the GOVERNMENT, that we wnat U.S.A. companies to manufacture HERE!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA & ALL WHO SUPPORT & DEFEND HER!

28. Zigged should've Zagged

Zigged should've Zagged
    from Emmaus Pa

These "suppliers" are really insulting our intelligence, assuming we would never know the difference!

29. JEM

JEM

Yeah, I've seen some highly variable Anchor mounts.

I would note that I've bought stuff from GM, for an older US-built GM vehicle, from the dealer, the part came in a GM bag, with a GM sticker on it, labeled 'Made in China'.

On a 'US-made' Ford product I own (now 20 years old) the OE wheels and most of the plastics on the car are Canadian, the window motors Japanese, the upholstery and soft trim, wiring and most of the in-car electricals from Mexico (a couple years later the wiring for that line started coming from the Philippines), the window tracks from France (though the 'same' car line built in a different plant used a US-sourced track assembly), the steering intermediate shaft from Luxembourg, the brake calipers from Brazil (true I think of most Ford cars for the past thirty years now), a few brake-related electrical bits from Portugal, etc. This particular car line sold in 300K-year quantities at that time.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  30. sunbeam

sunbeam

I put a made in china balljoint from NAPA in a S 10 less than 30,000 miles and it broke. Motor mounts are one thing but supension parts can kill. Now I go to Bumper to Bumper and get MOOG made in US.