Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator

Been working at getting mine roadworthy, tune up, alignment, etc. The drag link on it broke in two, you can read about that here: Drag link.

[​IMG]

2. tinsled

tinsled

What a great thread full of awesome Cadillacs! Big thanks for sharing to everyone. Haveto admit there is nothing quite like cadillac cars.

Loads of great cars... Cballs fathers '47 appeals to me the most: big cruiser from the mighty 40's and veery nicely built flathead eight: must be a fabulous drive!
    Congratulations!

3. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

there is one like this just around the corner from me at the local shop.

4. Knas-n

Knas-n
    from Sweden

Here is a custom '52
    [​IMG]

And a dirty '60
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

Here is one of many...I have owned through the years!

Attached Files:

6. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

That is one sweeeet 52, almost looks like it has the same chop as "Nadine"

7. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Gator, I absolutely love a 55, I had one the same color as yours, was going to chop it, but it was a 42,000 mile original car that looked like it had been in a time capsule, I didn't have the heart to chop it up at the time, but I wish I had, I absolutely think that's probably the best 50's body of all caddy's, I like the half verticle side mouldings, much better than the 54, and also like the grill better than the 54, and 55, but don't get me wrong the 54, and 56 are also beautiful cars I just perfer the 55 even over the body style of "Nadine"...cool car

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Since you haven't been here very long, and it looks like we have two HAMBer's named "Caddy Man"...and you like '55 Cadillacs, I invite you to take a look at my build thread -3 years of pix, stories and general information. But be prepared to spend 3-4 hours reading:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

R-

9. Gator

Gator

Thanks Man, I go back and forth - I'd love a 48-49 but they seem to go for the big $$$. I was kinda looking for another 50-53 when I found this 55. You might remember my chopped '51, it could have been Nadine's ugly sister - haha. BTW IF and when I get around to painting this one it might also end up purple...

I do like several of the '55's features over the other fifties Caddys, I like the front turn signals better than the '54's 'fog lamp' look; I like the rear bumper ends better than the '56's oval shape (even though they fill w/ crap and rust out) Luckily I scored a pair from my pal Roger (Hamber 40studedude) Roger has one of the most beautiful Caddys I've ever laid my eyes on.

Not 100% sure I think the 54-55's have the BIGGEST Dagmars too - I've had a '56 Eldo and a '57 Sedan and IIRC they were smaller - I know the '57's were...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  10. Gator

Gator

You can check it out in last month's Rod and Custom too.... :D

11. Damn Gator , looks like you're gonna get yours on the road sooner than mine. Guess I better kick it into high gear and get mine road worthy this summer too. I started another 55 Caddy build on mine recently

12. Here is my 60 vert I built 10 years ago, don't think I will ever part with this one.
    [​IMG]
    Factory Tri-Power and A/C

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Yeah, I noticed a while back there are two Hamber's named "caddy man" I've actually been around since 2007, just don't post as much as I should...thanks for the invite, I have actually followed your build, it's unbelievable, beautiful car, with a ton of custom mods, some that pop out, and some that should have been factory original, very very nice...55 is definately one of my favorites, I love the long trunks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  14. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Ever notice how limousines sell for way less than the sedans they were built from? I spotted these two 1957 limo's on Craigslist (Ambler, PA, I think); $3500 for the pair.

While you might not want to restore them, look at all the nice parts. And for an elegant custom, how about using the rear roofline and small window on a sedan, or even a coupe?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  15. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Like this??????

Attached Files:

16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Umm, yeah. Just like that.

You know, I've seen lots of pics of your Caddy (including one just a few minutes ago on YouTube), but I'm not sure I've ever seen it from that angle.
    Damn nice car -- I love those fins!

17. Gator

Gator

Worked on mine a bit today, tore the old air boxes and heater cores out of the kick panels, all that stuff was shot and I'll be installing a Vintage Air unit. Found about a pound of acorns in the passenger side and a baby scorpion skin in the drivers side!

The car did come form the Texas / Oklahomo area so I guess it should be no surprise.

18. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Gator, you chopping this one? You mentioned possibly painting this one purple, just a suggestion, I've got two colors in mind, HOK true blue, or you may think I'm crazy, but as I told you in previous post, I had one the same color, I thing this thing would be awesome customized, dropped, Chopped or whatever but go back with the seafoam green(or whatever they called it in 55) with a dark green top, I think it would look cool customized with a stock 50'S color, but I'm sure whatever you decide it will be cool.

19. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Need your opinion...should I put the lake pipes back on or leave them off?

Attached Files:

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

take em off it will make the ride flow alot better

21. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Thought I might throw in my 2 cents worth on the thread to get pics of my caddy out there!

Attached Files:

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

off

23. mlomaka

mlomaka
    from Ohio

Heres one, I thought may have been a little new, but is one of the first cars I did any kind of work on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

24. JRO

JRO

^What are those front seats out of?

25. john k

john k
    from california

Here's a few pics of my '64 Cad Miller-Meteor hearse and matching '64 Cad trailer. Among other things, it has non-commercial 4-wheel disc brakes, 2 gas tanks, tow package, all electric flat windows including wings controlled from driver door or each door, '72 cad electric door locks, '64 cad tilt wheel, turbo-400, limo rear (3.36); much, much more; all done in my driveway "shop" in my spare time. No trailer queen this!!

Attached Files:

26. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Hey I have one of those I just started bringing back to life, have any M/M emblems for sale? Need a pair!

[​IMG]

27. Gator

Gator

My '55 at Goodguys Nashville:

[​IMG]

28. Lookin good Gator

29. RATCAD

RATCAD

that is a sweet ride ya got there Gator!!!

30. Gator

Gator

Thanks guys, here are a couple more pics of it on the road...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]