Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. jakethefake

jakethefake
    from fla.

hi COLESY - JACK WORRELL--also had a 1950 OLDS sta.wagon. and a 1955 c CHEV. wagon.both cars did well. i think thanks JAKE

2. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

Geiger & Williams 348/320HP D/S - 1965 Magnolia OHio Dragstrip -
    Pic from Ron Williams collection!

Attached Files:

3. 65deluxe

65deluxe

C/S runner up to Kindel at the '64 Nationals. Good guy that Ron (but you knew that already).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Stage Fright = Jerry Kouba out of Iowa.

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Here's a picture of a local performance shop that was in operation here in Clarksville Tn in the 60s called GW Race Car Engineering. I love the L/S 64 Fairlane hardtop and that Anglia is pretty nice too.

[​IMG]

6. Len Cottrell

Len Cottrell

Bob Walker, just found the HAMB site today. I remember all of the names of the racers you spoke of including Bill Drevo who had the record holding 69 Camaro and then had the record holding Citation. I email him weekly with racing info.

7. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

There were sure a lot of choices of what to race in the good old days.
    A Larry Davis photo

Attached Files:

8. 65deluxe

65deluxe

I owed one of those Ramblers, powered by a flathead six (and yeah, it was slowwww).

9. spicerracing

spicerracing

I grew up in macon missouri. Where val now resides. He did the quad on my first
    Car (78 camaro)
    He is hands down the nicest man I have ever met. I use to drive by his
    Little car lot everyday. To be in the presents of a old school cat with the history that he has.
    Its a life lasting affect.

Val.....You the man!

10. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

This thread is sweet that explains why there is so many pages

11. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

DW31S --

Wow Dave! What a nice spread in Muscle Car Review --- Cover shot too!!!

12. bob'27t

bob'27t

Hey! I know this is an old thread, but I was looking up photos of this '59 Chevy. I can tell you what happened to it. My Dad and his buddy bought it from Dave Boertman. It ended up in Cleveland. The repainted it and renamed it "Kablooie". It remained this way for a couple years and then it was repainted again in hugger orange. They quit racing it around 1977 and it was then put back on the street. My Dad sold his half of the car to his buddy and it sat behind his body shop. Sadly the car was heavily vandalized and it was then sent to the crusher! I know this isn't a happy ending, but at least I was able to help shed some light on its fate. My Dad still has pictures of it.

13. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

Found this post but couldn't find the original post with the pic. Does anyone have that pic or any other pics of Robert Imbody's cars?

Ran into Robert yesterday and talked a bit, first time I've seen him in quite awhile. His cars were the inspiration for me building a Pure Stocker.

14. Yeah, that was my grandfather's car. 1957 Chevy with early fuelie. It's somewhere in Texas now. Thanks.

15. cb3961

cb3961
    from Ohio

I have several pics of Bob's Mustangs....send me a meand I'll send them to you...sorry abhout the delay, I rarely make it here anymore....CB

16. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Geeman,

Gary,

What was the cost for those Dealer D-Dart conversion kits.
    It was engine only components.

The Weber Clutch Package and 4.88 Gears were not part of the Dealer Conversion
    Kit.

pc

17. littlebluedaewoo

littlebluedaewoo

I have a picture of Sam Stockwell's Wagon, the "Super Wagon", but i cant figure out how to upload it... lol any help..? :) He was a National Record Holder for several years and ran a 1950 Olds 2-dr business coupe as well. I have pictures of that too if anyone would like. Thanks, Jim Stockwell

18. Race Artist

Race Artist

Can anyone identify this 1961 Chevy running at Phenix City Dragway in this photo from 1962 or 1963?
    Joel

Attached Files:

19. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Cool 61^^^

My Dad took these photos when I was 3 years old. He and his business partner Randy Carroll bought this '59 from Herman Chapman in 1991. The first pics are from the day they picked it up, and thats Herman himself. The pics that follow are build progress at thier shop 'Rocket Service' in Englewood '91-'92. I liked the car better as a stocker and now my Dad agrees, but gotta admit the car they built is pretty damn cool. 380" W, 6-71 GMC, and a 4 port on alcohol. Dad says he remembers the first time they fired it at thier shop with the weed burners. Said it was the most bitchin sound hes ever heard haha. Wish I was there. The car went 9.50 @ 140 the first time out, and it was sold to Fred Kennedy shortly after.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

21. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

22. ScottV

ScottV

23. biscaynes

biscaynes

nice read kev, is this the same '59, believe it was chapman...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  24. 65deluxe

65deluxe

A couple more good looking '59's. (its an aquired taste ;))
    Boertman near lane, Aho in the far lane.

boertman aho.JPG

25. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

I couldn't tell ya but sure looks like the same car, '73-'74? Herman bought a white 59 Biscayne brand new with a tri power 348 and a stick (3 or 4 speed??) and raced it thru the 60's. That car was totalled in a towing accident en route to a race on the east coast in the late 60's. He bought a blue 59 Biscayne from a used car lot day or two later and supposedly swapped the entire drivetrain from the white car to the blue one in a hotel parking lot and made the race. Thats handed down to me take it with a grain but that explains the blue jambs at least.

59 Chevys are bitchin. If you don't agree you're excused.

26. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

sorry for going off topic but i own Tom Neja's car hauler that he built to haul his 57. i decided that i will never be able to restore it to its glory days so i want to put it up for sale. but i want to give the new owner of his 57 wagon first dibs cause i feel i owe it to him and to Tom cause they belong together again. if any of you guy know how to get a hold of him to let him know. can you please pass this info to him. when my dad bought it he knew very little info on Tom and hte history of this truck so he had junked the cab cause it was to far gone with rust and he wanted to mount his 40 ford coe on it but since then changed his mind and regrets doing what he did after i told him the racing history of Tom and he gave it to me to try to restore it. he still has the 427 motor but its in his vette now. the only thing that he did was cut the body mounts off but that can be fixed. so if you know how to get a hold of him let him know he has first dibs on it.

Attached Files:

27. 5w32

5w32

thats a 41 or later coe in the photo, 38 39 40 had the oval grille like my 1940, 40 had the extra stainless trim as well. my chassis is a 1987 chevy 1ton flatdeck, that early chassis should would great also

Attached Files:

28. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

that 41 is mine. my dads 40 is put away in the shop

29. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

The New Doug Boyce Junior Stock book is to be in the book stores by August of this year 2012. They are taking pre orders now.
    This is the cover shot.

Attached Files:

30. cb3961

cb3961
    from Ohio

HEY PETE !!! This is an old ebaY ad of mine, NO KIDDING !!! I got these for a mere $32.50 at an auction...this was BEFORE those damn PICKER shows on TV....LOL....CB