Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project 333 [Half Evil] a Mid Engine Roadster DragCar started finally.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Matt Jones

Matt Jones

Well in that case it makes perfect sense... :D

P.S. this thing is fucking awesome. If it does wind up killing you at least it will be a fun way to go

2. I'm drooling over your frame table. I'm fabbing up a skeleton type table but would love a flat top like yours. Proper tools make the job that much easier.

3. Big Nick

Big Nick

This thing is so insane! I love it.

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn how the hell did I miss this??? That thing is going to be awesome can't wait to see more of it.

5. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Don't know how I missed this either. Very cool. Have fun and be safe. You and Norwell can book match races.

6. 33cruiser

33cruiser

Sounds like a club meeting at Dave's may be needed to help out?!?!?!?!?

Agreed...don't need the hairy Don visual in my head....nightmares tonight....ugh :-0

7. boutlaw

boutlaw

Damn Dave, you're doing it again. 333 is frickin awesome, subscribed!

BOutlaw

8. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Danger! Danger!

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Quick update.........It was last Friday when I sat inside the chassis and decided to cut all the tact welds and break down all the uprights and shoulder hoop.....I raised the shoulder hoop and remade all my verticle upright tubes. I also built in less angle into the verticle tubes as well and gave myself a few more inches of leg room.....I made the K's on the sides of the seat area and finished the X's in the floor today.....Littleman

This pic you can see where I had the shoulder hoop in relation to the blower pulley.

[​IMG]

This is where the shoulder hoop is now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rooman

rooman

Dave,
    that is what I was talking about. I love it now.

Roo

11. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes...I owe a big thanks to Rooman for answering some of my silly emails !!!!.....Always best to direct your questions to someone that actually does it for a living...and I thanks you for taking the time to answer the questions. Between the NHRA rule book and the SFI booklet. I want to ensure I am understanding the key points....From watching countless recent vids of RED and FED diggers along w/ pictures of currently running stuff...I have learned just because you have a cert. sticker does not always mean your car should have passed tech....I want to learn from others so I am doing allot of digging...and since I am going to bend up a FED chassis next as well I want to learn as much as possible.......I see too many cars that do not comply w/ the 4'' min. clearance from the front plane of the helmet to the outside of the front helmet bar...As far as I am concerned...while you are getting something like this teched for a sticker.....and the tech does not ask you to get in the car while wearing a helmet to check clearances...then they are not doing their job...So I guess your tech is only as good as the person looking over your stuff........I plan on climbing in my car for tech.....I did find allot that looked correct when looking around as well...

I bent up my first front helmet bar today.......I thought I was going to have to make it twice since I am new to bending...but may have gotten it right the first time...The block on top of my helmet is 2'' high. You must maintain a 2'' min. in this area...........Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  12. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Dave ....this is good stuff right here

Tony

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have been working on the helmet bars and had help placing the body back on for a quick look tonight...I still need to make two more 1'' helmet bars before I tact them all into place....This thing is real crazy looking when you stand up on the table and look down @ it as if it were on the ground.....I just love building to no plans...........Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

You, sir, have a vision...and it's a bitchin´one!

15. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Ditto on that! Way, way cool!!!

Mart3406
    =============

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I threw on a front wheel for a wheelbase look before I removed the body again today..I can make the helmet hoops a few more inches shorter vertically if I change my driving seated position, but I am more comfortable sitting up in this contraption than leaning back. It also gives me more room to play w/ steering wheel and shifter location wise..But am still considering changing it..need to think on it..Littleman

[​IMG]

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

lookin good, wild looking ride

18. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

This thing is going to be insane. Fantastic work Littleman! Driving this is going to be like strapping into a rocket ship.

19. VectorGES

VectorGES
    from Conway, SC

Looks beautiful as usual. Back on post #11, is that a Divco in the lower right?

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I don't think there's enough room in the cockpit for the amount of balls you're going to have for driving this thing.. Crazy cool.

21. grazy

grazy

When I was a teenager alot of my extra and unfinished model cars got mixed up and into some wild kit bashing creations that arose from those model glue fume induced fantasies . Everything Littleman builds is his full scale version of some of those same kind of wild fume induced dreams I had GOOD LUCK AND TO HELL WITH THE NORM . Hot Rods are made to break the rules build it and let them decide what class it belongs in and let the mainstreamers figure out what the proper name or classification for it should be I will just call it Badass .

22. F-head

F-head

Littleman,
    how about selling that decklid to Shaggy since an aluminum louvered racecar styled rear lid is the deal on that cool machine anyway.
    what a great project.
    B

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

24. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I started on the two rearward upper rails last night and put in the final bend in both tonight and fit them to the front of the chassis....Starting to look like something......Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  25. AHotRod

AHotRod

That poor-old-Milk-truck continues to get ignored ...... :(

26. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

need to look at rules for t/a or t/f rear engine safe shield &copy then noone can give you any shit during tech..............

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

If your talking about the plate behind my head that goes down the back of the seat facing the front of the engine ?......I am making one..Their is a material and thickness spec. for it.....just not that far yet....I have the SFI and NHRA rule book to help keep me out of trouble...Thanks, Littleman

AHotRod.......Yes, that Milk Truck is in my way !............Dave

28. Rusty

Rusty

This is gonna be so so sick!!!!!! Always love your need for speed!!!!

29. LabRat

LabRat

Rad stuff Littleman ... The milk truck needs to be the tow/support vehicle for Half Evil ...

30. Splinter

Splinter

Mmmmm.....Dude? Somebody put a MOTOR where your BUTT's supposed to be.....mmmmkay?
    Looks awesome, man! Godspeed, and love the dedication to keeping yourself safe while having fun.