Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I stopped by the Austin Speed Shop last March and while they were showing me around I saw your roadster unfinished and it has come a long way. You have a very talented crew at the shop and with your added talent god only knows what you guys can build. I have only seen the roadster finished online and know on tv but it looks great. I hope that the TV show keeps going. Also your 57 Chevy Cameo 4x4 is one of the nices restored trucks that I have seen.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

They called it his "home garage" as in his personal shop at his home.

3. TxRat

TxRat

Good job guys, keep it on track ...

4. punkroder

punkroder
    from socal

The car turned out bitchen. More fabrication work. Less drama.

5. "Where did you buy that? ...From your mom!"

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, not all the shows are going to be with ASS?

7. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Loved the show! Love the windshield, Amazing craftsmanship you put into every part of it!

8. I'd watch it.

If I had cable TV.

I quit watching TV a few years ago, with the exception of a few things on Netflix instant view.

Too bad....it looks like a cool show. If I ever hit the lotto, A.S.S. is building me an A on deuce rails. Y'all have the look down cold.

9. i liked the show and the no bullshit attmosphere of it all , great job yall ..

10. von zipper

von zipper

Yup! What he said!

11. daddio211

daddio211

This was my criticism as well.... The ASS guys have proven how capable they are for years, but since its episode 1 they have to prove themselves to the TV world and Jesse? You're part owner in the shop; the only people you should be more proud of and confident in than your employees is your kids. That's just good business! Nobody wants to buy from a business owner who questions his employees abilities and ethics publicly.

I know, its about selling the show for future episodes, but it had such a condescending vibe to it when I already know how talented these guys are. These aren't a handful of non-skilled high school drop outs off the street, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Of course, the feel-good moments came in time. Glad I'm not the only one who saw that, although maybe we're both wrong.

This is nothing more than my humble opinion... someone with no TV background or experience, so nobody is the least bit obligated to listen to what I have to say.

12. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

The show was great! Hope you can make it to the KKOA show here in Kansas this July.

13. krooser

krooser

Always good to see Tuck and Bleed on TV... good show.

14. Did you even watch it?

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We went to our shop and missed it (don't have cable there). Is it going to be rerun during the week anytime?

Don

16. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Mr. Ford does not work there anymore... but Bob actually roped me into helping out on the car for a few days, but I was too boring and I didn't make the show. :cool: I am however responsible for Jesse's sweet ass haircut... I'm a barber now. The car turned out really, really great, but I did not get to see the show yet. No cable over here... Sounds like the show is a winner.

17. I think Jesse himself made the remark about the show about halfway thru the episode..said he had to get back to the"KLUSTERFUCK"...He was correct...

18. one37tudor

one37tudor

I enjoyed the show and hope it is a success. However, like all made for TV shows it has to appeal to a wide audience to get enough ratings to stay in production and while I understand that I would think that for the HAMB audience more of the actual "How to" would be a big hit,
    I wonder if a web site could be set up to show the actual fab work that did not make it into the TV episode? Could actually help make the show a hit.

Scott...

19. Hey man, they finished the build! No toolboxes or Outlaw garage CDs?
    :D

20. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/jesse-james-outlaw-garage/

There are some more out-takes from the show here. Man they cut a lot of the good stuff out- but overall it was a great show-

It was fun being part of the build- It was hard work but man looking back at it I had a BLAST. Its just fun working with friends... I miss all you guys damnit-

I've been busting my ass to come down there this week- had a couple set backs but we leave tomorrow for the Roundup! See you guys soon----->

Tuck

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The car turned out great! It caught my eye when Ryan did the article the day after the run. Good to see all the guys working, and I know you adressed this Jesse, but what is with the F***in' drama? I fail to understand why Discovery Channel can't just show cool things happening with out a silly timeline, or arguments. There is so much cool stuff that goes on with building a car of that caliber, why not show more of what it takes to do it than the fumbling that is caused by trying to do stuff too quick. It just makes me feel like the network is "makin' the monkeys dance" to be on T.V. And please guys, don't take that as an insult to you, it is not intended in that manner in the least. As I type this last bit, "American Chopper" is starting up on the T.V. out in the other room.... Got to go shut the T.V. off, 'cause that show I won't put up with!!!

22. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

23. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Im watching it right now

24. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Preachin to the choir...

25. skull

skull

looks like the same BS in a new bag:eek:

Later :cool:

26. hercamer

hercamer

Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff coming out of Austin, love your style Jesse. Good luck, keep kicking butt.

27. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

C'mon Doc, you know I can't be on TV. You can't dangle a piece of man candy like this in front of all the women in this country and expect things to be the same.

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes and my question is an obvious one. The show is called "Outlaw Garage". Not, "Jesse James and the Austin Speed Shop". My impression from that title, "Outlaw Garage", is that it will be Jesse building stuff in his GARAGE and every now and then, farming stuff out to various shops.

Or, will it be Jesse and Austin Speed Shop ALL the time. Seems like a simple question. Maybe JJ will chime in.

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's beautiful. You're an artist. A grape flavored man-candy artiste;)

30. NAES

NAES

Lots of drama which is par for the course with reality shows. But wifey totally enjoyed the show as did I so the dvr is set. Nice build to start.

NAES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.