Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I think RED would have been too common. No idea what that color was, but it went well with the windshield, headlights, etc.

2. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Hey Jesse, give me back my steering column end! LOL !!! What were those wheels, did you make those caps?

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I really liked it, would have preferred to music to be a little lower when they got that flattie started to hear IT, but, it's not my show so not my call!! The rest was bitchen'!!!

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It was OK, but still too much drama..."Let's shut down the entire shop and all the employees gather 'round and spend time watching Bleed get ONE stitch in his finger"...really?...on the customers' dime?

Head-bangin' music and one second camera shots made me dizzy...would I watch it again...probably...I'll give it 2 stars...sorry Jesse...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

What happened to dr. dan and jon joyo? are they still "owners" at A.S.S ? I have had two interiors done there when sean was there, had many dealings with dr. dan and jon, they called a few times asking about painting cars for them , but never came thru. I got a kick outta being asked after I painted Ians car how long that took? my answer 4 weeks 3 days, but that was doing chrome, stereo, priming painting and assembly, they askd how many guys you got...." OH just me, and I only worked on it after hours and weekends , cause I run a regular collision shop during the day, which i do alot of the work at, cause it's just me and a partner. I can see what jesse was talking about on the show, cause there seemed to be cars in the shop that have been there for a few years, and they have alot of guys working there, time to kick it in high gear, I understand where he was coming from. I have to make every minute count in order to get 2 or 3 cars a year done. GREAT SHOW, now I have something to look foreward to on tv.... nice job jesse and crew...

6. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Just got done watching.. good show. Great story. More.... need... more.

7. fewjeeps

fewjeeps
    from Omaha

Good show! Should have been a 2hr show though! Worth watching. PLEASE NO CAR BUILD OFFS!

8. Austin Speed Shop/Medical Center....haha!

9. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure even though the 32 Ford has been done a zillion times you will be able to show your skills and creativity.

Good luck, glad to see youo on the HAMB

10. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Actually i dug the stitches.........adds a human aspect to the crew.

I could do without deadlines, and just have a weekly show, more like a "how-to" of whatever they're working on that week, ie, chops, floors, dinging fenders.......whatever.

11. Jesse,
    I know that you have already pitched the show and that the sponsors are expecting you to be billy bad ass so what I have to say is probably a mute point. But what if there was a garage show where the only drama was not fabricated and it only happened when someone really screwed up?

Craftsman ship my friend, you are a true craftsman and at least some of the fellas in the shop are craftsman as well. Maybe tone the drama down a bit and show what can actually be done with a groupe of fellas that can and are willing to work together.

That whole the boss has to be an ass went out with the dark ages.

Just a thought
    Wish i had a tv to sii what ur doing
    have to waight for u tube to see it

12. Maybe now Paul sr. and Paul Jr can do a bike build off for a.s.s.

13. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Oh... how that brings back memories... bad memories. I think my personal count is FIVE times. I would walk in and say, "That's NOT the color I picked." then the guy would say, "Duh... yeah it was!!!" and we would go back and forth and then i would make him get the color book i picked the color out of, so i could go the page where I took a magic marker and circled it and wrote 'paint it THIS color' next to it, only to have him say.... "Oh"

I'm glad it didn't happen to you... that always sucks. (Come to think of it, that's why i gave up and have everything primered)

14. lino

lino

Great show Jesse! You've got a good crew there. I'm glad to see you're doing well.
    Hal. (pool cues for take off parts)

15. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Geez c'mon That took like 5 minutes Im sure. I thought it was a great show

16. DieselGreaser

DieselGreaser

The show kinda made it sound like that place wouldn't exist without Jesse and they never accomplished anything before he came around. I liked watching the build and the car came out rad but the crew themselves deserve more credit than the show seems to give. It seems a little too much like "the house that Jesse built". Typical TV crap I guess but this seems to be the way Discovery is going with all of their shows.

17. seacat95

seacat95

I was very surprised and loved it! Thank you for a kick ass showing honoring a much loved crew of builders. Car turned out great! Keep it up Jesse.

18. Watched it, and will do it again, Thanks.

19. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

That show was fake..... I actually got two stiches!

Thanks eveybody.... are little shop all grows up.

20. I liked the show overall. The common "non-gearhead" might find it a bit boring. As a shop manager I completely understood about the possibility of the crew not coming through to finish a project. As a father I completely understood Jesse`s thoughts about his son. I have craved more time and a closer relationship with my 19 yr old as well. I was touched seeing Jesse watching his son weld.
    Enjoyed the show. Can`t wait to see more!

21. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

*Bleed for President 2012*

22. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thought it was great!!! Congrats to the ASS Crew!!

23. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

So fake

24. Bob Bleeder....haha!

25. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I knew it!

Kick ass dude. Liked the show a lot.

27. fugly51

fugly51

Needs more Bob Bleed Donuts.

28. atxcohiba

atxcohiba
    from Austin, TX

Great job Jesse....and congrats to all the crew at A.S.S.
    You guys do some pretty kickass work!!

29. billylo

billylo

You should have thrown some super glue on it for good measure....:)

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

So, are all the builds going to be done at the ASS shop? Or was this JJ's show and this build was one he had them do for him. They kept refering to JJ's shop/garage and it clearly showed them as seperate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.