Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 32 Ford coupe... VS woman with cell phone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Standard32, Apr 9, 2012.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

Kenny, have you showed them the 'before' picture?

Attached Files:

2. wisdonm

wisdonm

You guys aren't using your horns enough. If I'm anywhere near one of these inattentive bastards, I just steadily lay on the horn, even at a stop light. Most eventually figure out what I'm pissed about. Doesn't mean they stop, but at least it's harder for them to hear.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I am also sorry this happened to your Deuce !!

But in the overall picture ... it is not all that bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afterall, it can be repaired. This is the same deck lid ... fixed by a expert metal man. Even with the BLACK paint, you cannot tell it was ever damaged. The repair is 7/8 years old and still looks as good as it did when freshly repaired.

This on the hand ... will require a little more work and MONEY :eek:

[​IMG]

The same guy is scheduled to fix ... once I got the insurance check.

4. el shad

el shad

Well put HRP!

I also thought the pic would be far worse, but its shitty none the less. Nothing scares me more when i'm on my bike than texters.......

Get your rig fixed and back on the road!

5. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

Makes ya want to install a loud horn! I know most don't have any. It sucks when ya see it coming and can't move oor blow a horn!

Sorry about your luck

6. Politically, I make Rush Limbaugh look like Karl Marx, but even I say it's time that all 50 states (not the Fed) outlaw everything except hands-free use of a cell phone.

I'm on the road all day, every day, with my job and I see a ton of people either texting or talking on their phone while driving. With young women....it's nearly all of them.

My 54 is VERY close to being on the road after a LONG, LONG frame-off build. It will just break my heart if some a**hole creams it.

I'm thinking about rigging up a third brake light that I can suction-cup to the rear window and take down when I don't want it to show....something that blinks like a school bus light.

7. Deuces

Deuces

Is there an app for that???... I'm all for it!!!

8. Deuces

Deuces

Me to in rush hour traffic on the Southfield Freeway in Michigan.... :mad:

9. F&J

F&J

Nice old time 5w, too.. sorry to see any old car get damage.

Well, I am sure the fenders can be fixed...

Aren't you the one who had the rough old 32 5w channeled yellow one?

10. Deuces

Deuces

I think it's ok to call him an asshole... I see that shit in my shop also... :rolleyes:

11. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Sucks about the coupe! Glad your ok.

Southfield is Rough!!! I travel it everyday. Also, If you obey the law and go 55 mph like the signs say its a death wish. I quit riding my old harleys to work because of all the crazys in the good old motor city.

Jon

12. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

That sucks to see I hope you let that woman know what that car means to you and laid enough guilt on her she thinks twice before pulling out that damn phone in the car again.

Is it just cosmetic? I sure hope so tht is one sweet ride!

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

14. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

And she said...."Whats the big deal?..Its only an old car"

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Man, that's a tough one. I'd vote for something like hands free mobile devices having a GPS speed trigger that would allow calls but no texting or games or whatever after say 5mph. Gary

16. Kenny sorry to see this. A new fender will never replace the original patina on the old one. Looks like you did a lot of work on it since you got it .

17. afaulk

afaulk

Well, did she get the bitch slap she deserved.........

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sorry to hear! That sucks!

19. the carnage , the total fucking horror , i just knew this thread would give me nightmares!

20. Fortress

Fortress

It amazes me to see all the people calling for a ban on cell phones or government controlled apps on your phone. I hate crappy drivers as much as any one, but this is going too far. Do you want a black box in your car to be sure you never speed or break traffic laws? It would be safer for everyone. Also fast cars should be banned because they encourage reckless driving. Additionally I think no one should be able to work on or build their own car without a government issued license, only to make the streets safer.

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ On the other hand, we already have drunks, folks with guns, no licenses or insurance crashing, cutting corners, running red lights, making illegal moves, speeding, etc. etc. despite all the existing laws or training required. As they say, if you are a good person, the law is transparent, no worries. I just want to catch and punish the idiot 10 percenters who can do the real harm. Besides, just who authorized cell phones to work when moving? Or did the cell phone mfgs just make them that way and let us suffer the consequences? Gary

22. That'll buff out..........

23. Man ! I 've seen more intelligence in a retarded Goldfish!

24. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I bet her head is about the right radius for roughing out the fender...she can work off some of the damage that way.

These people are TERRIFYING...
    one that hit us, fortunately during a low speed turn, would not take the phone out of her ear even after the accident, and showed visible annoyance every time the cop had the temerity to interrupt her conversation! It is an addiction like smoking...existence is intolerable for them without cellphone activity NOW.

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I would have stuck that damn cell phone where she would find shitty reception

26. manyolcars

manyolcars

and thats just the cops! :)

27. khead47

khead47

^^^^^^^^^^ Now that is FUNNY!

28. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Man that sucks . Hope you get the rod back in shape and on the road soon .

29. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That sucks! looks like yours is fixable,Sorry man. We get a lot of work in the body shop from this shit happening. Here in downtown Denver they tried something new to get the attention of walkers while Texting and stepping out into traffic getting hit by cars and the light rail train.They painted big images of a dude walking texting with a X across it. Nobody cares or notices because there too busy texting.LOl I say run the basterds down ,that will teach them. We get a lot of work in the body shop fron

30. bonesy

bonesy

Ugh. I'm so sorry.