Register now to get rid of these ads!

i learned something from my dad this weekend. wow, can't believe i said that.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldschool1, Apr 9, 2012.

1. I learned what kind of car guy my dad is. Oh, i laughed. My dad and step mum made the 1-1/2 hour drive to come visit me and my lady this last weekend. As things happened. Him and I ended up out in the garage. sippin beers,and a lil shine, acting smart and talking dumb. it was an event in our relationship that is truely rare. As boys and there fathers can often have a ruff relationship. This visit was relativly positive.

We got talking bout my progress on the ol ford. (which him and his siblings have driven) I got telling him what I had done with the engine. What I had done with the brakes and so on and so forth. I mentioned to him the brake kits parts cross to chevy calipers and i had to use dodge wheels to clear the calipers.

I had a positive response untill I mentioned the dodge wheels and my desire to run the dodge dog dish caps. Ha Ha Ha,oh the sour look and words he shared. i chuckled so hard. I nearly fell off my chair. He was just dumfounded that I was not able to use ford wheels. I told him. Pa, I got a hell of a deal and that is what im going to use.

I believe with this sort of response from him in regards to the comingling of brands he would qualify as a purist. Oh well. makes no difference to me.I guess this experiense will prep me for the heckeling and grilling I will be recieving from people at a show.

Oh well fudge it. Thanx dad for the laugh.

2. Great story... and even better you can be with your dad.
    Mine has been gone about eight years now and I miss him every day! We had many a laugh and he taught me more than I ever realized at the time. Take plenty of pictures...

3. YA love yer dad! Mine sucks!

4. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

That's pretty cool. Mine is my best best friend and a hot rodder to boot. Look out for your Dad. You only get one.

Pat

5. OneBad56

OneBad56

I can attest to that.

My dad and I had a rift that lasted for a long time. He just had to get an oil change the next morning, so he couldn't stay to watch our two young sons for one night while me and the spouse went to the hospital to watch over our other son who was terminally ill.
    The dealership was just around the corner were my parents lived, at the other end of town. That was back in 1991.

My dad did passed away last year before I could forgive him. He did teach me a lot of stuff. And I do miss him now.

6. My dad just told me this weekend that I need to "get on the hiway to heaven".
    according to him Cathlics arent on it, Jewish arent on it, Muslims arent on it, Mormans arent on it ..... seems just prespreterians (or was it epiciplians, he wasnt sure) are going to heaven .... gotta love a ninety-year old kid!

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Funny.... I kind of heard that in the past from my Dad. Now that he is older he has mellowed a lot. In my mind "Heaven" is there for anybody that lived a good life and was good to everyone around them.
    My Dad is nearing 90 and still doing well. He has always been a casual car guy. He checked out a car show last fall that my brother with his Mustang and I attended. I hope I'm still driving when I'm 90!