Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 32 Ford coupe... VS woman with cell phone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Standard32, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

I’ve been working my ass off trying to get my 32 ready for the Round Up...

Just disgusted...

I was half way through the intersection when the girl started coming towards me, she was staring at her phone the whole time and didn’t even look up until she hit me!...

IMG_7969h.JPG

2. Fenders

Fenders

Sue the bitch !

3. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

She still alive? Sorry about the damage - hope you can still make the Roundup.

4. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

I yell at my chick all the time for that shit!

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i'm so sick of seeing this, people staring into their phone. i can't belive how selfish people have become, that their phone is more important than other drivers saftey. your car dose'nt look to bad, but no one should have to go through this. everybody, please stop being a slave to your phone. and don't me started on texting. sorry you got to deal with all this stupidity.

6. Cymro

Cymro

I think females call it "multi-tasking"
    Hope you called the cops.

7. Look on the bright side...you'll probably get that much needed paint job for free now :)

8. Sorry 4 yer bad luck.
    Hell, drive it down that way.
    Ain't no worse than this 1
    It only had 35 miles on it when sum IDIOT ran a red light

Attached Files:

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

That just happened to Sir Woosh a few weeks back...

The powers that be in this state made talking on the cell a secondary-finable offense-$25 fee.
    That's not enough of a punishment for the potential of what could happen....

10. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

That's sad to seen when almost 80 year old metal makes it this far intact and nice just to have some idiot ruin it. I guess that's what agreed value insurance is for...

11. 76cam

76cam

Man that sucks ass!!!!!Hope you can pull it out and still make the roundup.

12. That sucks. Nice looking 32, though. And like Dubbzilla says, maybe you can put the ins money towards other cool stuff if there's any extra after the repairs.

13. 35 Dodge Hot Rod

35 Dodge Hot Rod
    from Mecca

At least it was just a fender.

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That is such a shame, and the worst nightmare for all of us who drive our hot rods. Just yesterday morning I was sitting at a light turning left, and when mine turned green I started to pull out. I was half way through the intersection and this guy coming from my right blew straight through the red light at high speed. It wasn't like his light just turned red, there is that 4 second delay before mine turns green and mine was green for a few seconds before I pulled out, so he REALLY went through on solid red.

If someone had been turning from the turn lanes facing me they would have been creamed bad. This cell phone, texting thing has got to become a major focus for lawmakers, with extremely stiff fines and penalties, or we are all doomed. In many ways it is as serious, if not more, than drunk driving, because more people do it.

Sorry about your hot rod, hope you get it fixed really fast.

Don

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

They should install cell phone jammers in all cars. You can only use a cell phone when you park and step away from the car. Hope she has good insurance.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get the insurance adjuster to look it over and take all his notes and photos and then pull it out enough to hit the road and go.

I see so much of that driving while having a phone up to the ear or looking down at a phone screen around here that I always worry. It's a $100+ fine here and they still do it. Outside of the WSP the cops don't care unless they can use it as an excuse to see who and what is in the car.

17. Tommy R

Tommy R

Man, that really sucks and I know how infuriating it can be, but please don't let it stop you from bringing that beauty to the Round Up! We'd all feel cheated if we don't get to see it...

18. 53Hattie

53Hattie

That's a bummer man, ya got my sympathy! Don't know what the law reads in Louisiana, but here in Oregon it's a definite no no. One way or the other, I hope you made certain the constabulary were made aware of what she was up to! ...and, though I have my doubts, I hope she's present enough in the real world to comprehend [after the fact] just why the accident occurred, and the potential ramifications of said bad habit! If she's got a brain in her noggin, she has to know she got off really easy this time! Glad you weren't injured!

19. I was afraid to open this thread for fear of seeing crumpled sheet metal,,it's not as bad as it could have been but it does suck,,cell phones should be ban and driving with one in your hand should carry a heavy fine.

As bad as it is you could pound out a lot of the damage or drive the car as a hi boy for a while,,I wish you all the best in getting a settlement that will take care of the damage. HRP

20. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Man, that just plain sucks- best of luck on fixin' her back up

21. nutajunka

nutajunka

Here in indy you have to constantly be aware of that. I have almost been plowed several times.....:mad:

22. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Damn, so sorry to hear this. I too was rear-ended by a 16-yo girl. She admitted to the cop that she was texting. Ruined my Sierra PU, totaled her mom's new Audi.

I gave up riding motorcycles because of this nonsense. The risk outweighs the reward by a country mile.

23. Sorry about your wreck. Ultimately it's just sheetmetal though.

You have a Deuce 5wd and you're alive to repair it.

It's all relative.

JH

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

People just don't give a damn. It sickens me to see this happen and I hope you can some how make the LSRU. I see it every day. That and texting. I've come so close to just stopping my car, getting out and smashing that shit! But, it seems the law frowns on that.

At work, I've stood in the hall way and have people texting walk into me! (I'm a little trouble maker on my floor.) I give them a few words of advise and they walk off texting again.

It astounds me that organizations like the ACLU, will protect peoples right to be a selfish, reckless A-HOLE.

25. Bummer ! flick the fenders off and drive it while you sort the insurance etc.

Here in New Zealand it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving, $400 fine and from memory it's 35 demerit points on your licence ( 100 pts you're walking) .

26. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

You were blessed. I had a buddy a few years back that lost his life to a woman on a cell phone. I travel quite a lot with my job and see it all the time.

27. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That sucks bro...

28. Seems a lot of people are assuming it is just fender damage ... hopefully that is the case. I'd say get any pics needed for the insurance claim, then pop off the fender, beat it straight(ish) to the best of your ability and reinstall ... insert key, top up tank and hit the road.

29. no55mad

no55mad

Then, after the accident the offender says, 'why are you so mad, it's just an old car'.:mad: