Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Wade Model A Coupe: Build Thread & Photo Journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Feb 20, 2009.

1. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

I agree.

2. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

You got skills holmes, nice job on everything, keep going.
    Max

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

You could swap the ends on the hairpins for the early A ends with the grease fitting on the bottom.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. speedy383

speedy383

Great work man, You got skill's .

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Why do that when the grease fitting is already in the same location on both the radius rod end and drag link rod end? I thought everything had to be matchy-matchy?

Besides, this isn't a democracy. Haha.

Seriously though, thank for the input, Bob. I actually do enjoy constructive criticism...sometimes.

:)

6. cracker head

cracker head

I thought this was one of them kit cars that you could buy out of the back of Popular Mechanics??

7. Art like this comes from vision and passion, not mere thought.

8. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Mr. Bass...This coupe is the "Bitchin'est"!!!

From Wikipedia:
    In grammar, the superlative is the form of an adjective that indicates that the person or thing (or action) modified has the quality of the adjective to a degree greater than that of anything it is being compared to in a given context. English superlatives are typically formed with the suffix -est (e.g. healthiest, weakest)

9. daddio211

daddio211

I'm completely baffled why anyone would try to coach such a talented builder through a build that completely defines perfection???

Unless Mr. Bass is building it for YOU and you're paying him accordingly, you should do what your momma told you and keep your mouth shut. Constructive criticism is one thing, but bitchin about non-matching parts on a car of this caliber is ludicrous. It's not like his "plumbing store fuel fittings" don't match his "hardware store PVC heater core fittings".

Maybe its me, but I didn't think we were the official IASCA online judging forum and police.

Now, if there's a safety issue on my builds PLEASE bring it to my attention.

10. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

amen!

11. I really like Brians class in dealing with such situations.
    First Class! just like his builds.

12. Brian will this thing be at the Roundup? I wanna see it!

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

You know, I never would have noticed that the way the tie-rod ends clamped on the radius rods and drag links weren't identical if Bob had not pointed it out on this public forum. You see, when I made both the radius rods and the drag link, I had my eyes closed. And I normally don't like to talk about this, but I also lost my sense of touch in a horrible cheese-grating accident in the 60's. I had to rely entirely on sound when selecting the tie-rod ends and fitting and welding these parts together.

You wouldn't believe how subtle the difference is between the sound a left-hand thread Model A tie-rod makes when you tighten it, and one that doesn't fit a Model A at all. In fact, I almost used a tie-rod end from a '73 AMC Gremlin, until I noticed the pitch was all wrong.

So seriously, I have to offer my most sincere thanks to Bob for his helpful insight.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dG8-kXIAl0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tie-rod ends don't match? I didn't notice. Beatles? Never heard of them.

14. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

I think so, Chris! It'll be good to see you and Jamie.

15. Sweet! See you there!!!

16. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Please post some pics of roof insert when complete,i would like to see how its fastened down,one of the best build ups ive seen and thanks for all the pics and details.

17. Never2low

Never2low

Ordered Mine last week. Got here Monday! Frickin awesome! Can't wait to wear it to a show, and give mad props to one of Texas' finest!
    Love your latest work, as usual.

18. awais

awais
    from dallas

brian, sometimes your my hero

looks amazing

19. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

This means nothing but I was so stoked I had to post. I saw Brian Bass at Pate today. I about crapped myself. I was so tempted to go up and see if he might take a pic with me. But he was relaxing in his chair and I didnt want to bother him. To me he is one of the most talented artists doing hotrods today. I was happy just to be next to his coupe and see him there. peace

20. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i saw brian bass today at pate as well...but he asked to take a picture with me..

21. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Well people.I just finished reading about this build from #1 to the end in ONE sitting,INCLUDING the 11 videos.
    The only thing that I have to say about Mr Bass is that he deserves the title of"Michaelangelo of the metalsmiths".Thank you sir for a georgeous machine.He is so far past all of the fine accolades that all of the posters here have offered that you can`t even see them from where he is at.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

22. cracker head

cracker head

He was mix'n my drinks!;)

23. TheSandman

TheSandman

Unbelievable. Your fabricating skills are phenomenal.

Man............

24. Just wanted to know if you have worked out a price on the bendix brake conversion for the 40 backing plates, if so I may have a set for you to do if your ready for them yet.

25. stewscoupe1929

stewscoupe1929

LMAO.... where in the hell do you come up with this shit!!.. nice ride man!! very well engineered and awesome ideas Bass!

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Check out:

http://www.basskustom.com/blog/?p=608

27. LabRat

LabRat

Stellar work Mr Bass ...

28. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

And yet, sometimes, I still wonder why there arent more people posting their build threads anymore...

thanks, Brian, for keeping this one going longer than most through the HAMB b.s.

29. I've watched the stuff you were building a long time, Bass, simply outstanding, just great!

and to say for today: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE! :D

Carsten

30. And Happy Birthday from down the bottom of the planet, young fella.