Register now to get rid of these ads!

Northern Milaukee area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenzDoctor, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BenzDoctor

BenzDoctor

I Moved up here (North side of Milwaukee) about a year ago for work. I am moving to the Mequon area at the end of the month. My car ('53 Buick Special) will be out of storage around that time. I have not met any one or any clubs that are into the traditional seen. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to get out more this season. Looking for people, clubs and shows that are in to the traditional seen.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Dr_X

Dr_X

The Cheaters Car Club in Milwaukee has a great show near the Milwaukee airport during the summer. There is also Symco and another that escapes me at the moment. Welcome to the area. I'm sure many others will chime in with other shows.

3. sheet dude, there's tons of stupid shows daily soon. Couple of good ones in the area......shoot me a pm if ya need a place to drink a beer one night and shot the shit....

I'm just west of milwaukee a bit....

4. BenzDoctor

BenzDoctor

Sweet, thanks guys. I'm looking forward to the car season. PBRmeASAP I will PM you around the end of the month, once I get moved and my car out.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

us Vagabonds are up this way and in sheboygan and also fond du lac... if ever up this way, give a shout and we'll get together for some laughs

6. Speed~On

Speed~On

Hello BenzDoctor,
    Welcome to the area. As stated, don’t miss the Cheaters CC show at the Nite Owl. It rocks! This year it will be held on Aug. 25, just across the street from the airport in Milwaukee. I am sure there are numerous cruise -in’s around Milwaukee and the surrounding communities. There are a lot of Cheaters CC members on here and I’m sure one of them would let you know the cool spots. You stated that you have only been here around a year. Off the top of my head, here are some good shows this summer in WI. (and some just outside of ol’ Wisconie) just in case you’re not in the loop.

Spring Jefferson Swap Meet, Jefferson, WI
    April 27, 28, 29
    <O:p</O:p
    Hunnert Heads Up Vintage Drag Racing, Great Lakes Dragway, Union Grove, WI
    June 16
    <O:p></O:p>
    Now this one is a little drive for you, but is very well worth the drive! Almost 12,000 cars last year.
    (yes 12,000 pre-1964) It’s crazy and you will have a blast!
    MSRA Back To The 50’s Weekend
    St. Paul, MN
    June 22,23,24
    Summer Elkhorn Car Show and Swap Meet
    Elkhorn, WI
    Aug 4-5
    Symco Shakedown, Symco, WI
    Aug 10-11
    Cheaterama, Milwaukee, WI
    Aug. 25
    Rumble Fest, Amherst, WI
    Aug 31 – Sept. 2
    Beloit Autorama, Beloit, WI
    Sept. 16
    The Iron Invasion, Woodstock, IL
    Oct. 6
    These are just the larger events. I am sure when the weather gets nice; you could be busy every Sat and Sun this summer.

7. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

A good place in your neighborhood is Wayne's Drive In in Cedarburg. Go straight up Wauwatosa Rd to Hwy 60. They have a cruise in every Thursday night during the summer. I think it's starting in a few weeks. They've been advertising their seasonal opening all last week.

BTW, I'm just west of you in Germantown.

8. BenzDoctor

BenzDoctor

Thanks guys! I knew there were folks out there! I will definitely be checking as many of these out as I can! If anyone sees the 'ol INLINE 8 out and about give me a hollar! I do get her out often, and not just for shows, she's a driver!

9. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

HI from west bend, as for clubs kirchhayn cruisers of washington county is a great club and the largest in wisconsin. pm me if you want info and WELCOME have a great day Gary

10. Nice place to hang out and all you can eat free Corn (w/paid admission), "39th Annual Cornfest":
    City: Fond du Lac
    Vehicle Type: Cars/Trucks
    Event Type: Show/Swap
    Specialty: All
    Start Date: 09/03/2010
    End Date: 09/05/2010

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

get ahold of Wingnutz. He lives close by and will be a great tour guide.

but be prepared to have sore ear drums

12. ...Also, Iola! Midwests largest Old Car Show held annually the 2nd weekend of July. Big show and swap.
    Event Dates: July 12, 2012 - July 15, 2012

13. Cool man, let me know when and i'll round up a few locals for beers too

14. skoh73

skoh73

I'm in Jeff! Lemme know when.

15. snelson57

snelson57

Welcome to Ozaukee county...I am just north of you.

I am hoping to have the new plymouth rolling in a couple of weeks to make it over to Waynes.

Cheaterama is a can't miss like the other said.

16. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Attached Files:

17. PJ1

PJ1

Welcome to the north shore. Don't forget your front plate. There is lots of shows & cruise nights in the area you will be welcomed at. Wayes in Cedarburg, Grafton rod-n-relics show with live blues, Port fish days show, Saukville live music nights. Dont forget those wacky Symco and Cheaterama shows.. Hot Rod Radio has a calendar as well as the Independent Syndicate which covers the midwest traditional shows. http://p4.hostingprod.com/@vintagetorque.com/independentsyndicate

18. wisdonm

wisdonm

19. Yep.... I'm right down the road in Mequon.

Wayne's Drive-in in Cedarburg has an awesome cruise every Thursday... Wednesday night Classics at the Gasthaus in Waukesha every Wednesday... Schlotskies in Menomonee Falls every Tuesday... cripes there are so many things happening each week you could blow the gas budget on!

P.M. me for contacts and details.

Cheers

Mark

20. 29tudor

29tudor

Check out the car show at the gasthaus every wednesday night in Waukesha right off 94. Cheap beer n live band, starts in the end of may

21. anything interesting to look at there? never made it last year, but the few times i drove past after work it seemed very muscle car/late model vette.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

of course there is something interesting there...if I show up.

23. Everything is there... from vintage Duesenburg's, rat rods to late model stuff... should stop by next time you're around I'll buy you a beer.;)

24. rc57

rc57

You can go on www.wirod.com which is Wisconsin streetrod assn and there are a bunch of clubs listed on there. Schlotzky's (in the Falls) has the parking lot all torn up for the mini-mall rebuild so I'm not sure how this summer will be. Wayne's is definately good. Jefferson is a can't miss swap. There were weekly carshows in Sussex and Richfield last year but not sure of the status-Sussex bar changed owners. I'm just west of you in Germantown/Colgate and work in Mequon.

On website-click on "Links"

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  25. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Jeff will take care of you...hell, he had me over pounding PBRs two hours after I arrived in Wisconsin

26. BenzDoctor

BenzDoctor

Sweet! Thanks all! I did make it to Port Fish Days last year, and Brew City Grill a couple times. My biggest problem is I'm still learning the area. I can mapquest and get anywhere, but it was not knowing where to go, no one I work with is in to it. I close on the house at the end of the week, and hope to get the Buick out the following week. Looking forward to getting out and driving it, and shootin the breeze with car guys and gals

27. hehehe...i'm a ass!

Mark ya now owe me a beer...that's when i get the car done as i'm hot rodless.

That sussex one is supposed to be kinda cool as there's a actual car cruise to the show, then park and bs. Got a bunch of muscle car buddies that i gotta show up...let them know how to make real power...

28. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

How do you intend to do that?

29. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Wayne's in Cedarburg can be good on Thursday nights. I live about 5 minutes from there.

I used to live in Bay View and they are not kidding about the Cheaters show at the Nite Owl. That show kicks ass. Probably the single best event of the year.

Attached Files:

30. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

As stated before, Don't miss the 13th. Cheaterama or the Symco Shakedown. Hunnert Drags at Da Grove is on the list too.