Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who made this manifold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29ToyA, Apr 6, 2012.

1. 29ToyA

29ToyA

I bought this years ago for $75.00. There is no casting numbers, marks or anything on it. By looking at pictures I have found I believe it to be Edelbrock. Any help would be great.

[​IMG]

2. Could be a "house" brand maybe. Summit, Jegs, Speedway,etc. That's my guess.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

See that oval shape between the carb pads? My guess is Offenhauser.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, old Offy for a sbf. I have exactly that same manifold on the sbf in my 27, it has the same adapter plates and all. Good manifold, I'm running two 600 cfm Edelbrocks on mine, but ran two Carter afb's on it for the first 20 years of it's life.

[​IMG]

Here is a better look at mine.

[​IMG]

Don

5. Other than being ford it pretty closley resembles the offy I have for my SBC. I had to buy spacers for mine the carb linkeage wouldn't clear.

6. 29ToyA

29ToyA

COOL! Thanks for the help!

Now I need to start looking some carbs and linkage.

Don - what cam did you run? (love the look of your engine) and did you build the headers?

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Same here, Beaner. If you look under the one carb in the bottom picture you will see a 1 inch spacer on that one. Putting it in there gives enough clearance for the linkage and also seems to insulate the carbs a little better from engine heat.

Don

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Thanks. My engine is a 331 stroker roller cam motor so I am running a Ford Racing X303 cam. My Son is running the same cam in his T Bucket with a 306 Ford in it. I like it so much I am going to run the same cam in the 366 Ford I am building for my Mustang daily driver.

Headers are Limefires by Sanderson. Believe it or not, they are over 20 years old, one of the first sets they built for sbf engines. They have held up great for all those years with no cracking or any sealing issues.

Beaner is right, when you get your carbs and linkage you will find you need some 1 inch spacers, but Pep Boys and everyone else carries them.

Don

9. Deuces

Deuces

Is that X303 cam a .542 lift and .288 on the duration??? If so, I got the same one in my 352 ci Windsor motor... Very wild cam!! :eek::D

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, it's a little lumpy, but it pulls like gangbusters from 1500 to 7000. :D

Don

11. Deuces

Deuces

I also have the B-303 cam in my tool box... That was another great cam back in the day... :)

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It sure was. IMO Ford Racing really did their homework on that series of cams. I know the hardcore Mustang guys have a lot of other brands they swear by, but dollar for dollar the X cams are really good.

Don

13. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah my Fox car hasn't been on the road in almost 8 years... Was thinkin' about selling it and buy an old chevy.... Maybe a clean '55 2-door post car that some little old lady owns...:rolleyes:

14. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Thanks Don!

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Don, can you run that cam series with a stock converter? I dont want to sit at stop lights and just chuga-chuga-chuga.