Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I think I'm in LOVE! Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Termites Ate my Chevy, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

I have driven by this creepy old place for months and finally had the balls to stop and check it out. I thought some hermit hoarder maybe lived there but I watched for tire tracks over the last few weeks and never saw any.

The old trailer house looks like they are cooking meth. So I stopped, knocked on the door, no answer. I went to where these cars were to find out what the quarter window I could see from the highway was. I was hoping for a ford, but fell in love with what I found. 40'-41' Plymouth, real straight, pinhole rust that I could see.

I left a note on the house, but I think this is going to be tough getting, judging by the tree through the bumper. Not tough removing but tough to get a sale from someone that is "going to fix it up someday".

Cool car just thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. Good luck......nice look'n coupe. :) That's the way I found my 48 F coupe....the tree had grown aroung the bumper gaurd...:( must have taken 4-5 hrs. to cut it out with a chain saw & hand saw. I managed to save the gaurd. My tree wasn't as big as that one though !!
    The 58 Chevy doesn't look bad either.

3. Weasel

Weasel

1940/41 Mopar coupes and convertibles have been high on my 'desirabilia' list for some time. Here's some more motivation for you....

[​IMG]

4. Zerk

Zerk

I love the roofline and front end on that Plymouth. It wouldn't need a ton of customizing to look really good. Best of luck, I hope you get it.

I'd look at cutting the bumper's mounting hardware to free the car, rather than messing around with the tree.

5. wow a 58 chevy in the junkyard that still has its headlights in the right location around here theyd be hanging below the bumper by their wires someday id like to own a 58

6. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

There is a really nice 58' 2 door hardtop 50 yards from my house in a garage. Been there 20+years. Has a 348, total time capsule. He won't sell it, doesn't drive it.

7. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

That's a '40 Plymouth Roadking Coupe, model P9, just like mine. Looks real straight, must have been sitting there 25 years for a tree that size! It sure looks complete.

8. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

now that's choice

[​IMG]

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

If you really want it, look up that countys tax rolls, most are online, type in the address and it will give you an address to the owner of the property ( not the renter ) send them a letter, even if they have moved it would forward to them.
    if you cant figure out the address use the map feature and locate the parcel that way then type up a letter and send it. Good luck and be care trespassing.

Godspeed
    MrC.

10. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You could unbolt the bumper. Might be easier and safer than cutting the tree.

11. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

If you get it make sure to take lots of "before" or "as found" pics. That would be a beginning to a great story. Tree grown through bumper to kick ass hot rod or custom !!
    Good luck !!

12. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Do your best to get it. I just bought mine a few months ago and am loving it..

13. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

It's not trespassing if you knock on the door first:D

14. SICBOY

SICBOY

15. Weasel

Weasel

Nah - somebody just removed the front bumper, drove it up against the tree and bolted the front bumper back on....:D

16. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

maybe? but how about this one

[​IMG]

17. Ran when parked.:D

18. chuxx

chuxx

I agree with Weasel, early form of auto-security. Love me a 40 Plymouth Roadking.

19. RodStRace

RodStRace

You are going to need the left side grille.
    More motivation....
    [​IMG]

20. n847

n847

Ha Ha...Its like a hot rodders bike chain!

21. farmer12

farmer12

Great find! Hope the owner will sell it to you. Keep us posted.

22. that plymouth is a tree hugger!

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It just amazes me how old cars out there age so gracefully. The patina looks great, and if it were back here that car would be part of the soil by now. I know you guys get snow, but evidently that doesn't hurt the bodies too bad compared to the other elements we get.

From the size of that tree it wasn't parked there just last year. I'd go after the Plymouth and the 58 Chev.

Don

24. Deuces

Deuces

Hey, it's almost spring time.....
    Looks like the car fell in love with the tree...
    They make a cute couple...:rolleyes::D

25. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Well..! did you get the car?

26. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

27. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Dont try that down here in the south, folks tend to shoot first ask questions later.

Godspeed
    MrC.

28. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

F'n treehugger! HAHA!

29. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Is the car from the Northwest? haha